The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

krang

tmntfannumerounos' customs

Krangs android body

So this custom was started not long after the first gokin cerebral was announced and while that figure is pretty damm cool I new I wouldn't be throwing down 100 plus on a single figure. So being the cheapskate that I am I was lucky enough to find this power ranger at a yard sale for 5 bucks.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/171347...-1/s-l1000.jpg

So after some time and hard work here is Krangs finished body.

The base for this custom is a 2001 power rangers wild force 13" figure. This first thing I did was cut the figure at the thighs, shins, and abdomen to fix the proportions and bring it down to around 10 1/2". For the chamber I cut a rectangle from a pop bottle and shaped and screwed it to the body joining both the upper and lower halves. I switched out the original hands for some mcfarlane shrek hands and attached them with some screws. For the upper body I actually used play-doh to give it some bulk then I let it dry and sculpted over it with aves apoxie sculpt. Everything else is sculpted with aves apoxie sculpt.
He retains all the original articulation including ankle pivot minus the thigh swivel though. Let me know what you guys think.

Much more to come in various stages of completion.

Punk frogs
Chameleon
Scratch
Rocksteady
Slash (FW)
Tokka (FW)
Rahzar (FW)
Rat King
Casey Jones
Splinter
Golani
Hokum hare
Ray (FW)
Mondo Gecko
AJ Howard
And some moo mesa characters

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 11-15-2017 at 07:41 PM.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

bump pics now added
Old 02-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #3
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Very nice stuff!
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #4
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

I will never get tired of FW/ Archie inspired customs/ figures. I loves the original toyline but if it makes sense, I almost consider it its own universe. All the characters are still Playmates' interpretations and I've always been a fan of toys being a close representation of their source material and you've done a great job at accomplishing that, keep it up and I hope we get to see more soon

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Very nice stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
I will never get tired of FW/ Archie inspired customs/ figures. I loves the original toyline but if it makes sense, I almost consider it its own universe. All the characters are still Playmates' interpretations and I've always been a fan of toys being a close representation of their source material and you've done a great job at accomplishing that, keep it up and I hope we get to see more soon
Thanks for the comments guys. I actually have a few customs based on some cocept art that I should be finishing up pretty soon. I have some based on guys that were in the toy line but were never on the show and never got a proper comic representation. I'm also working on an archie shredder with an alternate krang head.
I'm also starting to cast more parts so I should have some foot soldiers available if anyone is interested. I'll post a topic for that in the buy/sell section when I have everything figured out.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #6
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I can't wait to see more of these.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

First, as I just noted elsewhere, I should have commented sooner, 'cause this is at least the third time I've visited your customs thread. Stellar work, man. As someone who is too cowardly to paint, let alone sculpt, I am blown away.

Second, I can't wait to see Mondo Gecko!

Third, I just yesterday put in an order for the four Figuarts Turtles, so they're all I can think about at the moment, which is part of why I've hit this thread repeatedly. Earlier today I started typing a list of the classic characters I'd most like to see Figuarts produce, so your customs are like a sneak-peek of sorts, although my familiarity with the Archie goodness is limited.

Your Shredder recipe is surprising; Brock is such a thick, beefy fella, and yet your Shredder mostly retains the class, lean look. I'd like to see more shots of him alongside the Figuarts Turtles.

What's the deal with Garfield; did he actually appear in the comics at some point, or are you simply a fan and wanted to include him?

Finally: I love the Foot Soldiers! If I had the funds I'd go all-in on The Fwoosh's Articulated Icons series to provide my turtles with some ninja antagonists, but man, I dig what you've done; using parts cast from the original Playmates figures was a clever idea, and you utilized them well!

Keep the win coming, man.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #8
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
First, as I just noted elsewhere, I should have commented sooner, 'cause this is at least the third time I've visited your customs thread. Stellar work, man. As someone who is too cowardly to paint, let alone sculpt, I am blown away.

Second, I can't wait to see Mondo Gecko!

Third, I just yesterday put in an order for the four Figuarts Turtles, so they're all I can think about at the moment, which is part of why I've hit this thread repeatedly. Earlier today I started typing a list of the classic characters I'd most like to see Figuarts produce, so your customs are like a sneak-peek of sorts, although my familiarity with the Archie goodness is limited.

Your Shredder recipe is surprising; Brock is such a thick, beefy fella, and yet your Shredder mostly retains the class, lean look. I'd like to see more shots of him alongside the Figuarts Turtles.

What's the deal with Garfield; did he actually appear in the comics at some point, or are you simply a fan and wanted to include him?

Finally: I love the Foot Soldiers! If I had the funds I'd go all-in on The Fwoosh's Articulated Icons series to provide my turtles with some ninja antagonists, but man, I dig what you've done; using parts cast from the original Playmates figures was a clever idea, and you utilized them well!

Keep the win coming, man.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm still getting the hang of a few things when it comes to customizing in general. I can see some missing paint on fitz for example but you learn as you go.

It's funny that you mentioned shredder as I orginally went with a undertaker upper body but he looked to lanky so I switched to brock. lol

Garfield appeared in a short comic strip in one of the old tmnt magizines.

The foot soldiers are probably the easiest to make as I can usually knock em out in two days. That's why I was considering offering them up for sale in sets of two

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 03-28-2017 at 07:37 PM.