The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think a lot of people feel this is a “filler movie” where if it doesn’t set anything up in the modern timeline it’ll be ultimately skippable in the grand scheme of things. Not that it can’t be a good movie on its own right, it probably will, but there’s no “hook” so to speak unless you really like Natasha’s character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #82
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
That would bother me. The Soul Stone was supposed to be somewhat conscious. Being able to manipulate and control souls, I would hope it knew which souls it was controlling. So just disguising someone else as someone you love is kind of cheap.

As much as I like the character, I was thrilled that death took this time. It wasn't something she "got better" from.
Just wait for the Avengers V: The Search for Natasha. Her katra is currently residing inside Clint's mind.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:24 AM   #83
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I would say there's no way they don't frame it, but they didn't frame Captain Marvel at all. Finally watched it last night, BTW. I was unimpressed; it was fine.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty lackluster, relative to other MCU movies. I wasn’t a fan of the editing in the first half of the movie, and I think Carol is portrayed as waaay too OP to lend herself well to good storylines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Captain Marvel didn't need a framing device because she was going to be in Avengers Endgame anyway in 2 months. And it did have that scene at the end with her answering Fury's call in the present (that, surprisingly to me, didn't reappear in Endgame's running time).

The way I see it, with Black Widow dead... the reasoning behind making her solo movie now can't just be to "make good" on never doing one before. It's got to set up something happening now, or in the foreseeable future. Maybe it's something as mundane as "The Skrulls, Chapter 2" by showing the evil ones and all that, but I don't think so. I also don't think it's just to introduce a new Black Widow. And if they're doing "big female Avengers" movie or whatever, they'd be remiss not to include her.
I agree that scene from the end of Captain Marvel should’ve been included in Endgame; it’s just one of many missteps I feel the movie made. It’s not a bad movie, but I wanted it to be so much better. We should’ve seen the debut of Professor Hulk, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
That would bother me. The Soul Stone was supposed to be somewhat conscious. Being able to manipulate and control souls, I would hope it knew which souls it was controlling. So just disguising someone else as someone you love is kind of cheap.

As much as I like the character, I was thrilled that death took this time. It wasn't something she "got better" from.
Yeah I think it’s be kinda cheap if they undid Nat’s death, as unfortunate as that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think a lot of people feel this is a “filler movie” where if it doesn’t set anything up in the modern timeline it’ll be ultimately skippable in the grand scheme of things. Not that it can’t be a good movie on its own right, it probably will, but there’s no “hook” so to speak unless you really like Natasha’s character.
I hope that’s not the case but I guess we’ll get a feel for that when the first trailer drops later this year
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #84
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
She has since apologized for any misunderstandings, and has tried to justify her previous stances. Other than that though, ...

Disgusting.

I will no longer be viewing any media with or about her.

I don't want to give her anymore attention.

... and just like that, she's managed to grab my attention.

I don't even know why she continues to get work.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 09-04-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #85
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
... and just like that, she's managed to grab my attention.

I don't even know why she continues to get work.
Who cares?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #86
Sumac
Banned

A woman has her own opinion?
Unacceptable!!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #87
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
A woman has her own opinion?
Unacceptable!!
If only they stayed in the kitchen and bedroom where they belonged.

He said satirically, because this is the internet and people are stupid.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #88
newfan
Mad Scientist

Just came across this, Iron man to appear, not sure of the extent (as he is expensive)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...cid=spartandhp
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:05 AM   #89
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 12-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #90
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
What a perfect time for a Black Widow movie, said nobody sane ever. Because she's fvcking DEAD.

I can't even say "better late than never." But I can say I'm still watching this. So, I guess maybe it is better late than never...?

There's a pun in there for those diligent enough to dig it out, gentle readers.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:25 AM   #91
newfan
Mad Scientist

I intend to watch this but yes, agreed, would have been better had it they done it before they killed her!
Old 12-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #92
AquaParade
Banned

If I had to bet, I'd say this will fall in the 50% of MCU movies I really enjoy and want to own. I could nitpick a few things, but I'll wait until I see the movie, because overall I think it looks pretty cool.

I have to say, I like the idea of not having to stick to a linear timeline and I wouldn't mind seeing Marvel play with it more. I like the idea of a character being allowed to have an endpoint to their story, even if they are contractually obligated to do more, want to do more, etc. I think it opens you up to a bit more freedom with the storytelling when used correctly.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
What a perfect time for a Black Widow movie, said nobody sane ever. Because she's fvcking DEAD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I intend to watch this but yes, agreed, would have been better had it they done it before they killed her!
Or DID they?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:55 AM   #94
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Or DID they?
Interesting point. I suppose thinking about Iron Man's funeral, her aftermath wasn't largely done...so who knows. Looks good anyway, hopefully not one of those movies that look much better on the trailer than they are
Old 12-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #95
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Or DID they?
They did. They absolutely did.

Unless they pull a Gamora, which I still think is a crock of $hit.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #96
Sumac
Banned

I don't see problems with Gamora ressurection. Now bringing back Nat in this fashion would be strange.

But it's a comic book movies. We have a guy who after lethal dose of radiation transforms into green monster. And magic stones which can wipe out half of the universe. So..anything could happen.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #97
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I don't see problems with Gamora ressurection. Now bringing back Nat in this fashion would be strange.
On the one hand, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 would feel a bit off without Gamora in it.

But on the other hand, I like my character deaths in movies to have weight. Bringing a previous version of Gamora back to replace the dead one lessens Gamora's murder by Thanos in my eyes.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:27 AM   #98
AquaParade
Banned

I can understand the frustration with Gamora. I think the way they handled her is more interesting than just straight up bringing "our Gamora" back though. It may prove to bring an interesting dynamic in future movies.

But yeah, def get it. I think I was surprised with how much finality Endgame did have at the end of the day, however. I pretty much went into it expecting no one to die and everyone to come back. So I was pleasantly surprised to see them finally give us a bit of consequence and ending for some characters.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #99
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It would have been nice if they did this like 5 years ago.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

All I can say is, if you're sitting there honestly thinking, "We're just going to get a Black Widow movie set before 'Infinity War' that's just a day/week in the life of her and then that's it for Black Widow!" I believe you're fooling yourself.

Quote:
But on the other hand, I like my character deaths in movies to have weight. Bringing a previous version of Gamora back to replace the dead one lessens Gamora's murder by Thanos in my eyes.
We already saw that Original Gamora was "alive" on that ethereal plane in "Infinity War." They just need to unite that Gamora with the time-crossed one and all will be fine.

Which they better do. It's pretty stupid and a waste that we got three movies of Starlord/Gamora relationship buildup just to have the reset button hit and have them start over from scratch as strangers, if not.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black cuckow, sjw is the new 30