Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Spoiler:
There's literally an albino baby turtle on the cover, near the bottom left corner.
And at least based on his/her body shape on that cover, it looks like a mutant albino leatherback sea turtle (which are remarkably similar to sunflower seeds since nature does love her repeating patterns). Nice!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #22
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Spoiler:
There's literally an albino baby turtle on the cover, near the bottom left corner.
Yeah, I failed to notice the second cover behind the first spoiler tag. I'm an idiot.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #23
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Mona Lisa seems to be mutated Lindsey. I actually wondered how long would Hob tolerate a human on the Mutanimals. As Jennika changed, Lindsey saw how a mutation could be done and did the same on herself.

Albino baby is the seventh turtle in the series. Too many, if you ask me, and still no Tokka on the horizion (although a Rahzar in the background).

Sophie rulez!

Edit: it seems to be the mutant porcupine from 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Brothers Unite video game! How refreshing it is to get some new enemies! Source

Edit2: it's even older - from the 1980-s!

Last edited by martinitolove; 09-21-2019 at 01:17 PM.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Mona Lisa seems to be mutated Lindsey. I actually wondered how long would Hob tolerate a human on the Mutanimals. As Jennika changed, Lindsey saw how a mutation could be done and did the same on herself.

Albino baby is the seventh turtle in the series. Too many, if you ask me, and still no Tokka on the horizion (although a Rahzar in the background).

Sophie rulez!
I recall Sophie saying something about Mona Lisa's characterization as a college student, back when she first showed us her early concept art for the character, so it's probably not Lindsey. The glasses and overall similar look is just a coincidence. Plus, that MU on her shirt probably stands for Mutant University.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #25
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
and still no Tokka on the horizion (although a Rahzar in the background).
One of those Slash clones with Bishop in the upcoming issue could be Tokka in the future
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #26
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Okay, wow, huge spoilers here.

“Mutant Town” indicates that indeed we have a mutant explosion post #100. I confess this sort of storyline is one I’d internally hoped for, but wasn’t sure if it would actually happen! A massive shift of the status quo and the situation in New York. Hob’s Mutant activism has always been a little odd given there was hardly any actual mutants, but now it seems we’re going to have a massive influx and even a mutant town and society.

Not that it hasn’t been foreshadowed. We saw the mutant heavy future in the Shredder dominated New York, Shredder also saw a future where he led a mutant army, and Null has been dedicated to creating more mutants for their purposes.

The possible stories to explore here have a lot of potential. A “Mutant Community” means a lot of new people with diverse backgrounds are suddenly thrust into the same situation. Will there be divisions between mutated humans and mutated animals? Those seeking to be turned back and those embracing the change? Different opinions on how to relate to the human world? How will they deal with Bishop? With Null? How many will join up with Hob? Will some hate him for ruining their lives?

I like Mona Lisa’s design, and that she’s apparently a college student and nerdy. Really interested in where this story goes from here.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Holy $hit.

Mona Lisa, mutants everywhere... Hob does something drastic, and I can't fvcking wait.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #28
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the baby albino turtle, but Mona Lisa is cool... a potential love triangle for Raph? Lol. Hope not. Let's just get Ninjara in this mess as well.

Very cool directions the series is taking. I hope poor Lindsey doesn't get mutated. And I hope Jennika changes her name to Artemisia.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #29
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

lol no one's gonna say it? Alright, I guess I will. Clearly the albino baby turtle is Alopex and Raph's kid. It even has Alopex's cloak. This is the canon that I've decided upon, and no one can take it from me.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
lol no one's gonna say it? Alright, I guess I will. Clearly the albino baby turtle is Alopex and Raph's kid. It even has Alopex's cloak. This is the canon that I've decided upon, and no one can take it from me.
Huh... So... Time skip?
Old 09-21-2019, 05:14 PM   #31
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Huh... So... Time skip?
That's my theory, at least.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:15 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
That's my theory, at least.
I wouldn't mind that. It sure would explain how Mutant Town was able to spring up seemingly overnight between issues.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #33
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'm very intrigued about Ch'rell's role going forward. We were told he was pretty much ax-crazy, and then when he comes out of stasis we get a far more stable individual than even Krang was. Sure, he's a formidable warrior and seems like a competent leader for the Burnow Island aliens, but he's (so far) definitely not as psychotic as I expected.
I personally have chalked it up to him having way more things to worry about than to do the "extreme displeasure" Ma'riell had been worried about. Raging about what happened to Krang wasn't an option, and I think everything with the EPF just kinda cancelled that out.

He had bigger fish to fry than Krang's trial. And by "fish" we mean "tanks about to break down his people's last stronghold".
(Though, we did get a little bit of a look at the crazy when he was on the battlefield.)
Old 09-21-2019, 05:50 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I personally have chalked it up to him having way more things to worry about than to do the "extreme displeasure" Ma'riell had been worried about. Raging about what happened to Krang wasn't an option, and I think everything with the EPF just kinda cancelled that out.

He had bigger fish to fry than Krang's trial. And by "fish" we mean "tanks about to break down his people's last stronghold".
(Though, we did get a little bit of a look at the crazy when he was on the battlefield.)
Krang wouldn't have let the Mutanimals just walk away after attacking him, though. And that was after the EPF threat had been dealt with. Ch'rell was even shown mourning Slash's sacrifice with the others. Nah, he doesn't seem (so far) to be as nasty and unhinged as his former overlord.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I didn't really interpret it that way. More of a "well, sucks for them" to me.

I'm just going to give him a little time and hope Sophie does something with him.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
The little Turtle looks like a toddler, 3-4 years old. I don't think there will be a time skip and I'm no expert on mutant mating, but I'm pretty sure Alopex would not give birth to a Turtle.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:00 PM   #37
Allio
Foot Elite

I’ve seen worst offsprings.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:17 PM   #38
Damo
Random Punk

Timeskip of years isn't impossible, but Pepperoni there doesn't look more than a few months older.

My best guess is that Null and/or Bishop do something really stupid and a whole lot of animals and people end up getting mutated.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:22 AM   #39
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think it's a bit too much of a jump to suggest it's a biological child, even if she's wearing Alopex's cape.

And even if it IS a few years later, Pepperoni wouldn't be much bigger; Protoceratops weren't that big.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:35 AM   #40
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I think it's a bit too much of a jump to suggest it's a biological child, even if she's wearing Alopex's cape.
No, I'm rolling the dice on her popping out a big dumb turtle egg. Hold onto this post once I'm vindicated in December.