The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Uncharted (2022)

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
sdp
-

The rumors are saying that the movie has more gameplay than the game.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

I like Tom Holland, but I don't really see him as Nathan Drake at all. And I loved those original games too, although I stopped playing them after part 2.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:06 AM   #4
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Mark Wahlberg looks the part of Nathan Drake more. Sony really is that oblivious!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 02:18 AM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah but he's like 90 and hasn't made a movie anybody paid to see in forever.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

I don't think this is going to do well.... the casting was terrible.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Holland as a Nathan Drake? Well, only if Drake is young.
Maybe they are aiming at something similar to the "Young Indiana Jones"?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I don't think this is going to do well.... the casting was terrible.
More than that I feel like they waited too long to make this. The games were a lot more popular a few years ago, I feel like back then there'd be a lot more interest, just in general.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
More than that I feel like they waited too long to make this. The games were a lot more popular a few years ago, I feel like back then there'd be a lot more interest, just in general.
Truth. Like my ex woulda been all over this **** back in the day. When I told her about it now, she was like 'eh'. And most everyone I know that even played the games agree that Holland just looks too damn young for the role.

Is Zendaya gonna be Chloe Frazer or Elena Fisher?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

I have the first three games but honestly never played them (Jesus, this is getting to be a f*cking cliche, with me... )

BUT, it's kinda partly not my fault! See, one day I was gonna start a marathon, and I put the first one in, and my disc was defective. Just wouldn't play. So I played something else instead and got into a totally different headspace. By the time I eventually got a replacement copy of the first game, I'd mentally moved on to other things.

But I was GONNA play it. And I will. But I totally missed the whole Uncharted "craze".

Old 10-24-2021, 11:21 AM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah that too, absolutely. This movie should've been prepped and ready to go basically right after Uncharted 3 came out on the PS3.

And I totally agree that Nathan Fillion would've been dream perfect fan-casting here, but even that would've been over a decade ago now.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #12
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I have the first three games but honestly never played them (Jesus, this is getting to be a f*cking cliche, with me... )

BUT, it's kinda partly not my fault! See, one day I was gonna start a marathon, and I put the first one in, and my disc was defective. Just wouldn't play. So I played something else instead and got into a totally different headspace. By the time I eventually got a replacement copy of the first game, I'd mentally moved on to other things.

But I was GONNA play it. And I will. But I totally missed the whole Uncharted "craze".
I bought myself the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 a few years ago since I never owned the PS3 versions. I still have yet to play them.

Unless they make a new game (it's been four years since the last one), I don't think many will care about this film.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I bought myself the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 a few years ago since I never owned the PS3 versions. I still have yet to play them.

Unless they make a new game (it's been four years since the last one), I don't think many will care about this film.
The Platinum Trophy on the first game was an honest exercise in frustration because beating that game on the hardest difficulty made the gunfight parts.... OMG..... as bad as that God of War trophy for riding the elevator and beating all of the enemies on your way up.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:50 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post

Not unless they backtrack on part 4. Part was meant to be the final game in the series.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-03-2022, 01:16 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This just looks ghastly. I can't imagine anything short of a hugely disastrous first weekend. I understand Tom fandangled his way into the role via pressuring Sony but... his casting is easily the worst thing about it. It'd be like if Indiana Jones was a game series and not a movie series, starring a guy that looks like Harrison Ford... but then in the movie version, they cast a young Michael J. Fox. It just doesn't work.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #16
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This just looks ghastly. I can't imagine anything short of a hugely disastrous first weekend. I understand Tom fandangled his way into the role via pressuring Sony but... his casting is easily the worst thing about it. It'd be like if Indiana Jones was a game series and not a movie series, starring a guy that looks like Harrison Ford... but then in the movie version, they cast a young Michael J. Fox. It just doesn't work.
Remember when they did this with Shia LaBoufe? Tried to push him as a leading man outside of his Transformers genre hits? It never worked. And then in Eagle Eye he did his best Harrison Ford impression with the physical acting and whatnot. He does well in art films of course and quite frankly so does Tom Holland.

When is Hollywood going to learn that you can't cast man-children in masculine roles and expect any buy in. As far as I can recall, honestly the only actor I remember basically ever outgrowing their permanent "kid"-thing is DiCaprio.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:43 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Remember when they did this with Shia LaBoufe? Tried to push him as a leading man outside of his Transformers genre hits? It never worked. And then in Eagle Eye he did his best Harrison Ford impression with the physical acting and whatnot. He does well in art films of course and quite frankly so does Tom Holland.

When is Hollywood going to learn that you can't cast man-children in masculine roles and expect any buy in. As far as I can recall, honestly the only actor I remember basically ever outgrowing their permanent "kid"-thing is DiCaprio.
And he needed to do stuff like fatten up and grow a beard. He'd still hella young if he shaved the beard and lost the weight, or at least young for his actual age.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:45 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Uncharted? As in, the video game franchise?

Wait a second... how old is the first entry in the series at this point? 13? Pretty sure it was one of the earliest PS3 titles. I know there was a sequel, but that one came out several years ago already as well. So how come they're just making a movie adaptation of the series now? And was it ever that big of a series for there to be big demand for a live action adaptation of it?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:02 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I think better results were achieved with Laboufe in "Fury." That was convincing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 04:25 AM   #20
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

He's also very difficult to work with.
https://theblast.com/144907/shia-lab...method-acting/