The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Summer is practically over now. How much damage did the sun do to your skin?

Unlike in 2017, this year I got away more easily from the evil UV rays. Last year, I got an annoying sunburn on my legs for wearing shorts the entire summer, so I learned my lesson and never wore shorts outside this year even in the few days where temperatures reached 40-44C here in my city. As for my arms, my forearms got the usual pinkish hue one gets when they get a bit sunburned, but they ended up developing the colour of a tan, especially the closer you get to my elbow and upper arms. Back of the neck also got tanned.

Funny enough, my face got a bit of a pinkish hue a few times but it never developed into an actual sunburn, much less a tan.

So, to sum it up, forearms and back of the neck are a bit tanned while the rest of my body has remained pasty white. I don't mind my forearms and the back of my neck getting a tan because they're the parts of my body that get the most sun exposure during the summer, so if all they did was burn and become lobster coloured it'd suck.

So yeah, I got away with looking like a construction worker/farmer, which tbh has always been the only type of tan I can get. Last time I went to the beach was over a decade ago and got a bad sunburn on my back and chest and also got some pimples, so I never let my upper body get exposed to the the angry summer sun again.

What about you? And yes, before someone points it out, I know it's not summer this time of the year in the southern hemisphere.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Not much..
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It was winter where I live, but the sun was notoriously harsh during the day till the point that the country is known for high rates of skin cancer due to sunburn.

Fortunately though, my skin is practically unscathed since I almost always tend to cover myself fully when going outside. Feel naked if I go out in anything less than a full coat and pants.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not a bit. The 90+ degree heatwaves have been so frequent, my time outside has only been brief periods.

I tan super slowly, but usually by now my feet have at least somewhat noticeable tan lines from my sandals and just noticed there really isn't even a hint of it this year.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:40 AM   #5
newfan
Mad Scientist

Same as every year, not that much but I do build up a tan from being out and about it in it. I'll wear a strong sun cream if I am going to a beach or be out in it for a long time.
I don't sunbathe to deliberately catch a tan like I did when I was young.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #6
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I stayed in most of the time. So, hopefully, not much.

There's a history of cancer in my family. Not easily treatable cancer, either. Like, super tenacious, deadly cancer. I try to stay out away from the flaming cancer orb as much as I can.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #7
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I got my forehead burned once, but it wasn't too painful.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

I intentionally spent more time outside in an attempt to reduce my eczema, which worked. So I'd say the opposite of damage happened.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Probably not much. I stayed indoors or in the shade most of the time during the big heatwave in Ireland this year.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #10
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Litterally zero sunburn.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #11
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I got a couple of sunburns over the summer, then I worked graveyard for part of the summer.

It lessened the sunburn issue for me.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote