The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Upcoming IDW miniseries?

Hi guys,
I have been listening to podcasts at work and I believe a few miniseries and things have been hinted.

Here is one I found:
HTML Code:
https://nerdyshow.com/2018/03/nerdy-show-interview-ninja-turtles-rise-kevin-eastman-tom-waltz-ben-bishop/
22.5 minutes"miniseries idea in for approval with Nickelodeon. Based on a story Kevin and Tom came up with called "Target R," think weapon X with Raphael with Eastman doing designs and layouts, Ben Bishop doing art. Would lead into issue 100.

Mateus Santolouco hinted at an upcoming miniseries getting approved awhile back but of course I can't find his post.

Then there was another podcast that mentioned The Forever War for what they hope is next, but again, I can't find it. I swear I am not dreaming because I jumped up and down after hearing it.

Has anyone else picked up on some hints?

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah he said he was writing a mini before.

The Forever War might happen now that the Archie trades will be over by later 2018, I suppose it depends if Murphy still remotely cares to finish it or not at this point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

Santolouco's mini was said to be about Shredder, though, right? So it's possible there are two minis coming up?

Forever War is something I've been wanting to see for a long, long time, but it almost seems like a GRRM book at this point. Hopefully there's some sort of breakthrough in that regard and the story is mostly unchanged from what it was originally going to be back in the Archie days.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #4
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I swear I am not crazy, but now that I think about it, I think there was ANOTHER miniseries mentioned on a different podcast! I can't find it for the life of me so I don't want to misspeak!

I think an Archie continuation is possible. They are doing it with Image and they did have an Archie story in the 30th anniversary comic...anything is possible.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Honestly, I find it more interesting that Nickelodeon wanted Kevin and Tom to be part of Rise's development. I almost wonder if we're going to see any Rise episodes penned by Tom?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well keep in mind there's already a 5-part Bebop/Rocksteady mini this summer, and with the main series and Universe going on every month...how many books can you expect IDW to put out of TMNT?

I can't imagine that many mini's coming out in the same year, and keep in mind they may make Rise of the TMNT a monthly comic too when the show starts.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well keep in mind there's already a 5-part Bebop/Rocksteady mini this summer, and with the main series and Universe going on every month...how many books can you expect IDW to put out of TMNT?

I can't imagine that many mini's coming out in the same year, and keep in mind they may make Rise of the TMNT a monthly comic too when the show starts.
I certainly considered that. If this Raph-centered mini leads up to #100, maybe it's being planned for next year? We heard about the Shredder-centered one first, at any rate, so maybe that's for late 2018. There's probably something else coming in August 2019, a weekly mini, unless it's one of these two.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I would love to see what Tom could do with TV and have some IDW ideas spill over to the new show.

With the Image comics coming out, and assuming Rise will be monthly, that is 4 assured issues a month. There has to be a glass ceiling somewhere. But the minis are just a longer TMNT Universe as it stands.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well the Image releases are just newly colored, they don't have to write/draw them from scratch like their comics so the production time is far less.

Besides crossovers (Ghostbusters or Batman) and the 5 issue mini's in the summer, we usually don't get too many mini's anymore since Universe launched. Probably because there's just too much.