The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
spp
Hench Mutant

Kevin Eastman signed "personal collection" action figures

These are not accusations, just wondering how others feel that have been paying attention from the get go.

I do understand being who he is to have amassed a large collection of figures, but I been paying close attention and some he has up for sale 8 or 9 times. The heavy hitters keep poping up but no "extremely rare, hard to find or real valuable" ones.* Just the og 4 Turtles, Usagi and the like keep comming along with a few stragglers.

I hope he is not having someone purchase large tmnt collections for him, signing and selling them. It seems greed can get anyone with ease and it really makes you think.

Again I get it he has tons of stuff, but what started with him not even being able to match assesories up due to not having "enough" of the original weapons now turned into having those same figures pop up more than once after...with the og assesories at a later time. I also seen the price go up on them too where most all started at approx $60 now have went up another $15- 20. Have you seen the backing cards with a Toxic Crusaders figure... why was that there and even more weird is why did he not notice? Being he seemed to have collected so many multiples, but does not even know a item that is not his own toy line.....

Last edited by spp; 10-29-2017 at 06:02 PM.
spp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I haven't been paying much attention to what he's put out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has many multiples of the same figure, and keeps putting out the ones that sell best. I haven't seen the Toxic Crusaders one but that would be a little strange..but not a definite sign of shenanigans. It does seem like he has a ton of these figures and they are always in high demand. I think he probably inched the prices up because they were selling so well.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #3
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I have assumed for a month or so now that these are not from a "personal collection". It seems like there are more and more of them every day. Why are all his figures loose? PL didn't have nearly this many in the Mirage sales, and they were all carded. Either way I could care less as I would never buy one. Good for him for making some extra scratch while he can.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #4
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Geez, the prices he’s charging for those things are insane!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題

I just figured he never sold off his massive collection that he was trying to do so with a few years back and came up with this as a way that he could finally do so.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I just figured he never sold off his massive collection that he was trying to do so with a few years back and came up with this as a way that he could finally do so.
Oh, man, was that the one where it looked like he was loading up his warehouse into one big ebay auction. I was just thinking about it too. That was crazy!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

It's kind of irrelevant if they are from his personal collection or if they are purchased off the secondary market by him. I mean, basically you're getting a signed used figure. That's what you're buying. I've got about a dozen now and as someone who doesn't get to go to cons very often I like the offerings. Between the cost of going to a con and buying an autograph, the prices arent that unreasonable when you compare them.
Is he making money? Of course. But he's obviously doing something fans want. I lost almost all my vintage figures from when I was a kid and yes, I could buy a lot on ebay or something but I actually have really enjoyed collecting my old fan favorites already signed on a unique Kevin Eastman card backer. *shrug* That's just me. Whether they are from his personal collection or ones he ammased elsewhere doesn't really play into what you're getting when you buy one.
I have noticed the original turtles seem to fly out of the store so I'm sure it's a supply and demand kind of thing. Even if he has multiples of the same figure, I don't think these are meant to be bought as an investment as much as just fans who want a figure signed by Eastman so who cares how many of the same figure become available. That's just my opinion on the subject.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:29 PM   #8
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
These are not accusations, just wondering how others feel that have been paying attention from the get go.

I do understand being who he is to have amassed a large collection of figures, but I been paying close attention and some he has up for sale 8 or 9 times. The heavy hitters keep poping up but no "extremely rare, hard to find or real valuable" ones.* Just the og 4 Turtles, Usagi and the like keep comming along with a few stragglers.

I hope he is not having someone purchase large tmnt collections for him, signing and selling them. It seems greed can get anyone with ease and it really makes you think.

Again I get it he has tons of stuff, but what started with him not even being able to match assesories up due to not having "enough" of the original weapons now turned into having those same figures pop up more than once after...with the og assesories at a later time. I also seen the price go up on them too where most all started at approx $60 now have went up another $15- 20. Have you seen the backing cards with a Toxic Crusaders figure... why was that there and even more weird is why did he not notice? Being he seemed to have collected so many multiples, but does not even know a item that is not his own toy line.....
Before I was aware Toxic Crusaders was a thing, I thought Radiation Ranger was just an obscure Bebop variant. Laird and Eastman both have murky memories regarding the world of the Fred Wolf show, so this doesn't surprise me at all.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #9
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

just picked this up from his site

Last edited by go_ninja84; 10-13-2018 at 08:53 AM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #10
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
just picked this up from his site
Cool, I picked up the Mikey storage shell and almost got that Leo at the same time!
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

I would like maybe one of these just as something to hang on me wall amongst the other carded figures. The only problem is that I really wouldn't want to dupe something already on the wall and what I don't have usually sells out pretty fast and/or are expensive as balls.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #12
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I picked up Classic Rock Leo and the Mikey Storage Shell as well.

I'm selling my head droppin Leo if anyone is interested

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autographs, kevin eastman