The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd love for the next major story arc (#86-90) to be Bishop invading Burnow Island finally.

But maybe that'll come after #100 and the Pantheon stuff...
Old 05-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

It probably will be, there's really no other time to do it.

Bishop/Baxter/EPF Vs. Utroms/Tricertaons (and possibly Ch'rell) in a big war. We already see in Universe things aren't going well for the Triceratons on Earth anyway.

Then after that the Patheon stuff should lead to issue 100. Old Hob/Mutanimals and probably Leatherhead will likely help the Turtles fight whatever comes their way, along with the other allies and probably Hun, etc.

The only other subplot as said is Null, she'll probably never appear in the main series so I hope she just gets a 4 issue Universe arc to wrap her up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Bobby's response to my letter in Ninja Notes also said that we'd be returning to the Utroms in the ongoing before the year ended, so that sets up the case even more.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #24
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It probably will be, there's really no other time to do it.

Bishop/Baxter/EPF Vs. Utroms/Tricertaons (and possibly Ch'rell) in a big war. We already see in Universe things aren't going well for the Triceratons on Earth anyway.

Then after that the Patheon stuff should lead to issue 100. Old Hob/Mutanimals and probably Leatherhead will likely help the Turtles fight whatever comes their way, along with the other allies and probably Hun, etc.

The only other subplot as said is Null, she'll probably never appear in the main series so I hope she just gets a 4 issue Universe arc to wrap her up.
I've been latching on to something Bobby said in his thread, about Null probably eventually making her way to the main ongoing. Don't count her out just yet. I agree with everything else you said and it's probably going to pan out that way, except I'd very much like for Stockman and Hob to meet again so maybe the Mutanimals do something to try to get Slash back from the EPF? Who knows. There's potential there for a great scene and it sure would bookend this series' humble beginnings. As it is, I was surprised Stockman barely seemed to react to Slash's presence. Wasn't he directly involved in his creation? Huh.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Bobby's response to my letter in Ninja Notes also said that we'd be returning to the Utroms in the ongoing before the year ended, so that sets up the case even more.
There ya go, that's proof enough for me!

#86-90: Return to Burnow Island.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

#86-90: Extinction.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Boy, that would just be a fun proper introduction to Ch'rell, won't it.

Just throwing him at us in his natural element. It would be pretty amazing if he went head-to-head with Slash, if Mike and Mondo haven't saved him already.

I do think that the Utroms would add a formidable booster to the Triceratons forces when the EPF arrive. And they still have the Technodrome sitting around.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

The only way for such an arc to pan out is a monumentally chaotic brawl between the various factions that acts as a spiritual sequel to Attack on Technodrome.

The Turtles want to protect the aliens, save Slash, stop Ch'rell.

The Utroms and the Triceratons want to defend their new home.

Bishop and the EPF want to exterminate the aliens and the Turtles.

Ch'rell is probably gonna go for the Technodrome to kill everyone.

Stockman will be Stockman.

Good times ahead!
Old 05-16-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
#86-90: Extinction.
Oh DAMN, I like that title.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh DAMN, I like that title.
Get it now, before it's gone!
Old 05-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This would be their first introduction to Ch'rell, though. I think pressure from certain other things might make it hard to stop him and the EPF at the same time, and they might ultimately choose the EPF.

I doubt this would really be an extinction storyline, especially with the new alliance that's been developed. I think it might just be the ultimate team building exercise. It's already shown that the Triceratons barely survived on their own, and the Utroms definitely would not have survived on their own, even with Ma'riell deciding on her own to get Ch'rell out because they would need him.

But they'd have a better chance together, especially with the turtles around to help (and hey, unlikely bet, but calling in the Neutrinos for reinforcement would be cool)
Old 05-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I said before I think the Utroms and Triceratons are eventually going to find a new home back in Dimension X, it's pretty obvious Earth is not a place they will be able to stay peacefully. They'll probably realize this in the aftermath of Bishop's attack.

Between that and all the other crazy stuff that happens on Earth like the Patheon, why would a bunch of aliens stay here? I know the Triceratons are from Earth in this continuity, but maybe they will get a new home.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I said before I think the Utroms and Triceratons are eventually going to find a new home back in Dimension X, it's pretty obvious Earth is not a place they will be able to stay peacefully. They'll probably realize this in the aftermath of Bishop's attack.

Between that and all the other crazy stuff that happens on Earth like the Patheon, why would a bunch of aliens stay here? I know the Triceratons are from Earth in this continuity, but maybe they will get a new home.
I think we'll eventually see the Utroms and Triceratons choose to work together to settle a new planet back in Dimension X together.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
This would be their first introduction to Ch'rell, though. I think pressure from certain other things might make it hard to stop him and the EPF at the same time, and they might ultimately choose the EPF.
Not if Ch'rell tries to activate the Technodrome again. The EPF is small potatoes compared to that, plus Bishop would actually side with the Turtles if he realized what they're trying to do. Or... Circumstances could force the Turtles to choose between saving the Burnow aliens and potentially letting Earth perish, or save the planet from Ch'rell but not in time to stop Bishop from slaughtering all the aliens.

Doubt it'll go down like that, but wouldn't that be an effing kick in the pants?

Quote:
I doubt this would really be an extinction storyline, especially with the new alliance that's been developed.
Oh, no. When I brought up that title, I was thinking that you can totally call it that but not actually involve any race's extinction. Just the threat of it. If Ch'rell's plan involves reactivating the Technodrome, then it's not just the Utroms and Triceratons on the line, but potentially the humans as well.

And I wonder if the Triceratons know their prehistoric ancestors have since gone extinct? Huh.

Whatever happens next, this is one phenomenal comic!
Old 05-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #35
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Jagwar is evil,huh? Not just a gender-flip,but flipping sides as well.

A door leading to wherever the roaming place of the other Pantheon members? So they don't have a residence like Toad Baron does. The doorway plot device was a bit of a cop out in finding them though.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So Jagwar is evil,huh? Not just a gender-flip,but flipping sides as well..
What makes you think that? Most of the Pantheon are neutral to the plights of people, they're Gods. We also haven't seen enough of Jagwar yet to really say.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #37
ChosenOne
Banned

Something that I brought up earlier in the thread got me thinking during a reread of this issue: Stockman didn't seem fazed by Slash's presence at the EPF camp. But he did give him an intrigued look as Bishop was making his threat. What do we know about IDW Baxter Stockman? Three things: a) that he won't stand for any power dynamic where he's not the one in charge for too long; b) that he will do anything in his considerably resourceful power to upend that power dynamic in his favor; and c) that he's an expert in cybernetic implants, if his Flyborgs are anything to go by. Who do we know has an implant in his head that makes him Bishop's puppet? Oh, that's right...

Stockman might just be instrumental in freeing Slash from the EPF's control. I mean, let's face it, the power of love and friendship just isn't gonna cut it in this case. It'll take much more than that. And that would afford him quite the leeway with the Mutanimals if/when he and Hob ever meet again. We all know Stockman is going to stab Bishop in the back the first chance he gets. That's what he does. It's just a matter of when, and how much he can profit from it. Having to reveal the location of the Triceratons under threat is a slight he won't soon forget, and it's gonna cost Bishop. Dearly.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 05-16-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Something that I brought up earlier in the thread got me thinking during a reread of this issue: Stockman didn't seem fazed by Slash's presence at the EPF camp. But he did give him an intrigued look as Bishop was making his threat. What do we know about IDW Baxter Stockman? Three things: a) that he won't stand for any power dynamic where he's not the one in charge for too long; b) that he will do anything in considerably resourceful power to upend that power dynamic in his favor; and c) that he's an expert in cybernetic implants, if his Flyborgs are anything to go by. Who do we know has an implant in his head that makes him Bishop's puppet? Oh, that's right...

Stockman might just be instrumental in freeing Slash from the EPF's control. I mean, let's face it, the power of love and friendship just isn't gonna cut it in this case. It'll take much more than that. And that would afford him quite the leeway with the Mutanimals if/when he and Hob ever meet again. We all know Stockman is going to stab Bishop in the back the first chance he gets. That's what he does. It's just a matter of when, and how much he can profit from it. Having to reveal the location of the Utroms under threat is a slight he won't soon forget, and it's gonna cost Bishop. Dearly.
I had that same thought!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #39
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I had that same thought!
Did you catch that ever-so-slight hint that Splinter might just send his ninjas after Hun, too? Honestly, it was so subtle...

Someone's not ready to cut the strings on lil' puppet Casey just yet.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #40
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
What do we know about IDW Baxter Stockman? Three things: a) that he won't stand for any power dynamic where he's not the one in charge for too long; b) that he will do anything in his considerably resourceful power to upend that power dynamic in his favor; and c) that he's an expert in cybernetic implants, if his Flyborgs are anything to go by. Who do we know has an implant in his head that makes him Bishop's puppet? Oh, that's right...

Stockman might just be instrumental in freeing Slash from the EPF's control. I mean, let's face it, the power of love and friendship just isn't gonna cut it in this case. It'll take much more than that. And that would afford him quite the leeway with the Mutanimals if/when he and Hob ever meet again. We all know Stockman is going to stab Bishop in the back the first chance he gets. That's what he does. It's just a matter of when, and how much he can profit from it. Having to reveal the location of the Triceratons under threat is a slight he won't soon forget, and it's gonna cost Bishop. Dearly.

Ohh!

Come on, man, work your science magic!