The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You do know that there is more to ninjas than direct combat right in fact combat is pretty much a last resort when it comes to ninjas. Their biggest trade is spying, espionage, sabotage, and infiltration. Their goal is low risk and high reward, for example why go out and start a gang war with Blood/Cripes and the Hells Angels when you can just send the leaders the heads of their top enforcers/dealers and in order to know said top enforcers you might need to send in a spy to gather intel. Another thing is that Shredder can't kill every single member because whether he like it or not the old pushers know the areas and the people who live in them a lot better than he does so he probably needs to keep a few of them alive and still needs a spy to make sure none of them are planning on either betraying him or bamboozle him off of the profits.
In the day to day, the Foot's main business is protection rackets in NYC. Crips and Bloods would be counter-intuitive to that end. If anything, the Foot would eliminate Crips and Bloods from their streets in short order so ensure maximum protection payments and "clients."

Quote:
I mean in most incarnations the Foot absorbs The Purple Dragon so why not them.
Sadly, "most incarnations" of TMNT kind of suck.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #42
newfan
Mad Scientist

As others have said, where they are being based elsewhere they might have some in the case they need to fill numbers at the bottom line but otherwise as I said before, besides maybe a select few due to expertise? and also having connections in the city, the ninja soldiers? mostly Japanese.

Edit: RE: Purple dragons for example, were they actually foot members in some versions or did Shredder just take control of them or make use of them sometimes?

Last edited by newfan; 04-24-2018 at 02:56 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
As others have said, where they are being based elsewhere they might have some in the case they need to fill numbers at the bottom line but otherwise as I said before, besides maybe a select few due to expertise and having also connections in the city, the ninja soldiers? mostly Japanese.
I mean, I could see, like, a single agent of the Foot acting like a "handler" to regular city gangs. Maybe. But that wouldn't make the gangs "members" of the Foot.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #44
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I mean, I could see, like, a single agent of the Foot acting like a "handler" to regular city gangs. Maybe. But that wouldn't make the gangs "members" of the Foot.
That's what I was thinking, also I think it came up in the other thread of the foot hiring street gangs etc, one the members said something about Shredder controlling rather than recruiting.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Edit: RE: Purple dragons for example, was they actually foot members in some versions or did Shredder just take control of them or make use of them sometimes?
To be fair (atleast in some versions), I don't actually recall the Purple Dragons being members of the Foot, but rather working for them. Same with Bebop and Rocksteady, who were never Foot Clan members but were subservient to them.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:32 PM   #46
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In the day to day, the Foot's main business is protection rackets in NYC. Crips and Bloods would be counter-intuitive to that end. If anything, the Foot would eliminate Crips and Bloods from their streets in short order so ensure maximum protection payments and "clients."

I mean not really in fact it would improve the protection racket business because they can use the street gangs(Crips/Bloods) to rough up certain business and neighborhood while they use Foot to stage an event to get a good reputation from the community. Also the Foot is going to need all funds they can get so they can still use the gangs to sell drugs or any black market goods.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #47
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I have an affinity for the 1990's Ninja Turtles Movie, with one of the main story lines being The Shredder seducing the troubled youth of New York City with materialism in exchanged for them committing crimes for him, and allowing the more tenacious, talented and loyal of them to become Foot soldiers "Full members of the Foot". all with the gritty urban setting and American kids being either part of the Foot as or grunts.

But the foot being all Japanese can work just as well, depends on the kind of story you want to tell.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #48
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Except Mirage Vol 1?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #49
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I would not make that exception.
There's all kinds of stuff wrong with Mirage Vol 1.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #50
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I would not make that exception.
I honestly thinking about this a few weeks ago:

While there is a lot that I personally enjoy about it, there is not a lot that I believe would considered "good" from an objective standpoint. And yes, I am just talking about the non-guest era stuff. Actually there was some guest era stuff I'd say was better than anything P&K put out then.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Actually there was some guest era stuff I'd say was better than anything P&K put out then.
Absolutely. A whole volume written and drawn, say, by Rick McCollum & Bill Anderson could have been mind-blowing, possibly revolutionary. Or even like a 10, 20 issue back-to-back run by A.C. Farley? Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
In your opinion.

Tags
foot clan, japan