The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
Powder
So tired of this place

As well as numerous Tales Of The TMNT Vol. 2 issues (if you're counting those).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda don't wanna see what the OT would have done to Savanti.... Just no. And I thought the 4Kids show handled him well, his episodes were mostly comic accurate minus the extra jokes and trying to tie it into the rest of the series.

I'm surprised the back of Fugitoid's figure stayed true to the Honeycutt story from Mirage comics while Triceraton was reffered as some random Dimension X goon working for Krang, and not a member of an entire race.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #23
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Does Triceraton's card imply that he isn't a member of an entire race, or is it simply not pushed on you that he is, as is the case of the Foot Soldier's bio card?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I remember it sounding more like he was some alien thugs named Triceraton from Dimension X working for Krang, and not just a member of a proud alien race. And from what I remember, for whatever reason, the back of the toy packaging always wanted to make the Foot Soldiers sound like they were mummies than robots.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #25
miru
Mad Scientist

A lot of them:

Shredder: Dies in the first issue.

Baxter: Didn't appear again until volume 2, where he died.

Leatherhead: Only made very few appearances, but was used a lot in the kid-friendly stuff.

Karai: The only one not to be in the OT, but she appeared a lot after that.

Rat King: He died in his first appearance.

This happened in Yu-Gi-Oh a lot, too.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #26
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I couldn't think of any more Mirage rogues from the early issues.

Savanti Romero was really the only one the cartoons ignored and he didn't even get a Playmates toy, unlike Fugitoid even.
Complete Carnage.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier

Yeah I find it odd these characters were not used more in the Mirage run.
Rat Kings first appearance is my all time favorite Tales story.

Leatherhead is another great character. I will be interested in how IDW puts a spin on him.
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #28
Krang100
Thug

The Shredder died in the first comic, but was the main villain in the adaptation. Although Shredder's 80, is a lot less threat than Shredder Mirage comics, despite he has a lot more apparence, because Shredder's 80 is more a comic relief. But Shredder's 2k3, 2k12, IDW and the 90's movie, are a lot more villanous, of course Shredder's 2k3 is a monster. But the most important point, Shredder in the original comics is a mere criminal with high combat skills, in the adaptations (Including Shredder's 80), he is a super villain supported by countless resources with advanced tecnology and has named underlings.

Baxter despite outside of the comics appears a lot more than in Mirage. Baxter is a villain by his own in the original, and in the adaptations (Save for IDW) he is a underling of Shredder. Despite, like Shredder, in the original comics although he has genius intellect and is a villain of his own, he wasn't a super villain until the volumen 2 (Baxter from TMNT 2 vol1 in 1984, didn't appear until Volumen 2 in 1993), in his adaptation, despite he is a underling, he is suported by advanced tecnology and made more advanced machines.

Rat King, Leatherhead and Karai appear more in the adaptations.

Mirage comics is much more darker than the adaptations, but super villains appears less often. Actually in most of the histories lacks of super villains, instead, appears mere nameless thugs if not the histories don't show any antagonist.

Last edited by Krang100; 07-13-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Krang100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #29
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang100 View Post
The Shredder died in the first comic, but was the main villain in the adaptation. Although Shredder's 80, is a lot less threat than Shredder Mirage comics, despite he has a lot more apparence, because Shredder's 80 is more a comic relief. But Shredder's 2k3, 2k12, IDW and the 90's movie, are a lot more villanous, of course Shredder's 2k3 is a monster. But the most important point, Shredder in the original comics is a mere criminal with high combat skills, in the adaptations (Including Shredder's 80), he is a super villain supported by countless resources with advanced tecnology and has named underlings.

Baxter despite outside of the comics appears a lot more than in Mirage. Baxter is a villain by his own in the original, and in the adaptations (Save for IDW) he is a underling of Shredder. Despite, like Shredder, in the original comics although he has genius intellect and is a villain of his own, he wasn't a super villain until the volumen 2 (Baxter from TMNT 2 vol1 in 1984, didn't appear until Volumen 2 in 1993), in his adaptation, despite he is a underling, he is suported by advanced tecnology and made more advanced machines.

Rat King, Leatherhead and Karai appear more in the adaptations.

Mirage comics is much more darker than the adaptations, but super villains appears less often. Actually in most of the histories lacks of super villains, instead, appears mere nameless thugs if not the histories don't show any antagonist.
Space Colony Bark? You're here too?

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, mirage