AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Metalhead, you're a disloyal dip$hit.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, if that ain't gonna force them to split up (and find their own new lodging)
Old 05-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Well, if that ain't gonna force them to split up (and find their own new lodging)
Good point, though I guess Don is the one more in danger than the others.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #5
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

So it begins
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
daggio
Foot Soldier

Judging by this, I guess it's safe to say the probable, inevitable partnership between Bishop and Leatherhead (whether it be mutual or forced) won't be occurring till a bit later down the road.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:38 AM   #7
bushido
Stone Warrior

Full preview here.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
Igglet

I wonder if Lindsey is gonna try to extract blood from the turtles for the Ooze to use it on Jennika, maybe? What if Jennika becomes a turtle? That's a reaaaaaal stretch and I doubt it'll happen but the idea came to me so I felt like sharing anyway.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah yes. Get everyone in one place. That'll go well. All your humans in one basket/lab

The credits image of Splinter with the smart phone gives him haunting memories of the Cheese Phone
Old 05-29-2019, 03:04 AM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
So many surprises in this issue!

Like Greg Fvcking Universe on the TV??? Steven Universe existing in this universe is not something I was expecting to see at all and I'm not quite sure how to feel about it . Pleasantly surprised, sure, but still...that was still a surprise indeed.

Null actually getting into the main storyline was REALLY unexpected, but OKAY.

But boy...Vines have tainted me. When the Leatherhead panel came out...

All I could think of was this:

I don't even think it's possible for me to separate the two either, since it actually works?
And that's all in the midst of not having any clue of what direction a Splinter-Leatherhead encounter will take!

Definitely not the turn I expected this issue to take, but okay!
Old 05-29-2019, 08:17 AM   #11
ChosenOne
Banned

After a couple of months with not much action to speak of, this issue finally kicks off the "War" part of "City at War", and it's the glorious free-for-all battle royale I've been waiting for all these years! Nice to see some characters finally make their debut in the ongoing and others crossing paths for the first time.

The only thing I really dislike about this issue is how damn short it seemed, and how long the wait for #95 will be. Gimme more!

Last edited by ChosenOne; 05-29-2019 at 08:23 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #12
Igglet

It pains me so much that these issues aren't longer. With so much stuff wrinkled in here, the comic could REALLY use a few more pages to work with. Even still, considering everything that's happening, the comic is doing a REALLY good job at keeping it concise.

We have three main subplots right now, I think: Splinter fighting Karai's forces, Raphael and the Mutanimals fighting Null and the others trying to keep Jennika alive. The writers have done an amazing job at spicing all three of those up, however. I'm definitely very interested to see where the story is going to go from here.

I'm VERY happy to see Raph in the spotlight again. I'm so excited about what they seem to be doing with him and I'm very eager to see what comes next. Similarly, I'm pleased that Donnie's taking initiative here, as I feel like he's often underutilized. With Metalhead and the EPF preparing to join the fray (as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they're making their big entrance in the next issue), I assume he's going to have a pretty major role going forward.

A few quick predictions for the next issue: Splinter and Leatherhead have a small skirmish, but eventually join forces; Metalhead and the EPF barge in to stop the turtles from saving Jennika, leading to a battle; Raphael and Mutanimals continue doing their own thing.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
A few quick predictions for the next issue: Splinter and Leatherhead have a small skirmish, but eventually join forces; Metalhead and the EPF barge in to stop the turtles from saving Jennika, leading to a battle; Raphael and Mutanimals continue doing their own thing.
I really haven't a clue where the Leatherhead thing is going. He didn't seem like he was going to attack Splinter, he was just surprised to see him, but then again who knows what the big 'gator is thinking at any given moment? Now more than ever with his hallucinations. Metalhead is definitely going to the lab next. I imagine Raph will spend #95 with the Mutanimals working on the mutant army and/or preparing to attack Bishop, and that Null is off the board for the remainder of City at War, having already served her part in the story for now. Though I do wonder if this little detour into industrial espionage isn't how the Turtles become aware of her master plan...

What's even crazier to imagine is that, for all the chaos we've seen and know is coming, Bebop and Rocksteady are yet to enter the fray. It's gonna be nuts when they do. I assume there'll be an actual battle royale at some point between all the factions, and that's when Karai will use her trump card. Maybe Metalhead even has a Ser Gregor moment when he sees them and the PTSD kicks in? Oh, the possibilities! The rest of this arc can't come soon enough!
Old 05-29-2019, 12:32 PM   #14
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I really haven't a clue where the Leatherhead thing is going. He didn't seem like he was going to attack Splinter, he was just surprised to see him, but then again who knows what the big 'gator is thinking at any given moment? Now more than ever with his hallucinations. Metalhead is definitely going to the lab next. I imagine Raph will spend #95 with the Mutanimals working on the mutant army and/or preparing to attack Bishop, and that Null is off the board for the remainder of City at War, having already served her part in the story for now. Though I do wonder if this little detour into industrial espionage isn't how the Turtles become aware of her master plan...

What's even crazier to imagine is that, for all the chaos we've seen and know is coming, Bebop and Rocksteady are yet to enter the fray. It's gonna be nuts when they do. I assume there'll be an actual battle royale at some point between all the factions, and that's when Karai will use her trump card. Maybe Metalhead even has a Ser Gregor moment when he sees them and the PTSD kicks in? Oh, the possibilities! The rest of this arc can't come soon enough!
Honestly, they can take this in so many different directions. However, I do feel like Leatherhead will attack Splinter, if not because he is a Mutant, they may as well use the excuse that he's a crazy ass alligator. As for Null, I wouldn't count her out. We didn't even expect her to appear here, so maybe it's best not to jump to conclusions yet.

As for B&R, Bebop actually shows up on the cover of one of the variant covers of the next issue, as well as the Neutrinos and Krang. Now, while it's safe to assume that it's meant to be one of those legacy covers, I feel like it wouldn't be much of a leap to assume that they might make their grand entrance.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
As for B&R, Bebop actually shows up on the cover of one of the variant covers of the next issue, as well as the Neutrinos and Krang. Now, while it's safe to assume that it's meant to be one of those legacy covers, I feel like it wouldn't be much of a leap to assume that they might make their grand entrance.
I've been really excited for the legacy covers but I haven't seen that one yet, do you have a link?
Old 05-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #16
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've been really excited for the legacy covers but I haven't seen that one yet, do you have a link?
https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/assets...er-RI_rich.jpg
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:47 PM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that doesn't depict the contents of the issue, 'cause... Those would definitely be the craziest couple of twists ever!
Old 05-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #18
Igglet

Quote:
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that doesn't depict the contents of the issue, 'cause... Those would definitely be the craziest couple of twists ever!
Yeah, but the fact that Bebop just happens to be there, front and center, and seeing as we've eagerly been awaiting these two to appear... yeah.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #19
Igglet

While we're on the topic...

https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1133809751496593408
Old 05-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but the fact that Bebop just happens to be there, front and center, and seeing as we've eagerly been awaiting these two to appear... yeah.
Oh, they might appear, but I don't think they'll have any big action scenes just yet. Something like Splinter's attack on the Italian Mafia in this issue at most. #95 is all about the EPF attack on the Turtles, from what we've been able to glean.

Everyone is bound to suffer some kind of loss in this war, but no one will lose as badly as Bishop. Every single other faction has a reason to hate his guts. Karai hasn't met him yet but something tells me that, if/when she does, they won't get along at all. The Turtles hate him, the Mutanimals hate him, Splinter will turn on him in the blink of an eye, Stockman will be Stockman, Null hates him... Yeah. This won't end well for the guy.