The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #8201
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And for the record, it WAS the regional (franchise) manager/owners who were all telling us to deal.
Wow. How typical of them... not there dealing with it so they don't care?

Hope it stays okay for the rest of the summer!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #8202
newfan
Mad Scientist

Very poor treatment of employees and in a place where you have heat coming from food being cooked too. Awful.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #8203
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I had multiple flubs trying to make carbonara for the first time in months.

Which ended up including the egg getting cooked instead of immersing with the sauce. Which there probably wasn't enough of, so...

Still tastes okay.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #8204
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well it's a good thing I was helping out someone else's card dept in a store one last time today (before one of my stores is finally set up next week), I checked my accounts and realized that the post office was due to be done this week. Came up on me faster than I realized and I almost skipped it accidentally. Then there was only a half hour allotted for it (unlike the 48 min last time), I'd only ever been there once before but with my supervisor and a month ago, so I'm half panicked and I don't have time to waste trying to message my supervisor. So... I hope I did it right enough...

Then I got home, was talking to my mom and noticed a bird apparently had it's foot caught in the stake she's got up in front of the living room window to hold a bird feeder. Grabbed gloves to go try to free it, but it was too badly stuck. She tried, with bare hands, but...I ended up having to go get scissors for her. Apparently its leg was broken to the point that it was just held together by tendon. Sooo.... she ended up being forced to cut off it's foot.

No way could I watch that, and I don't think I could have done it personally. Fortunately birds supposedly have very minimal amount of nerves and blood vessels there so hopefully it was at least less painful than it would be for us and other creatures. I expected there to be blood after she did it, but it didn't bleed.

Luckily we have a wild bird rescue place in our area we were able to take it up to. It is sadly a lost cause according to them, but at least it can be gently euthanized rather than just be left to suffer or get eaten by something.

So, it's been some kind of day.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #8205
Vegita-San
Emperor

missed the worlds most perfectly framed lightning bolt because i turned the camera off one second oto soon..

grrrrrr..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #8206
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and banging the sh!t out of your pinky-toe on the bed frame so bad you split the the toenail partially in half. Hurt like hell, OMG! I was legit scared I broke my pinky-toe, but the the nail sustained must of the damage. Woke up with some blood stains on the bottom of my sheets because my split toenail was bleeding. Another layer of suck because I washed my sheets yesterday.

I just a few minutes ago tore off the partially split off toenail because it was hanging almost completely off and anything brushing up against it made it hurt even more.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #8207
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

OOOooo! I can't find a cringe gif good enough to include for that, just hurts even reading it.

Grind... When you know you aught to go to bed, but you choose to log back into some game with plans on just a short tour through an area to see if you can get that darn gem to drop from certain mobs and, never getting it, you end up going to bed at 7am and then sleep for just three hours. And the friend who'd previously been on with you will probably want to continue working on part of it together this evening. And her time is three hours earlier, often causing me to stay up rather late as it is on this stuff. Either I won't make it or will be a total zombie playing on auto pilot...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-04-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:35 PM   #8208
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I tried to nap off a headache and it didn't work.

It's a little duller now, but it's still there.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #8209
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My heart feels like it's breaking. 💔

I can't stand the constant conflicts. It's heartbreaking.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #8210
Vegita-San
Emperor

when your forum needs 'villains' to keep things thriving, you just make extra work for yourself. just don't let your own viewpoints cloud your judgment on who the villains are.

enjoying a little tug of war, but sitting out and watching from the side lines heh.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #8211
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I tried to nap off a headache and it didn't work.

It's a little duller now, but it's still there.
Last nights nightmares gave me a headache.

started out with a haunted house investigation. We got too scared, and left.....vividly teling ourselves 'don't follow us, stay there..' the people I was with started acting weird at home later, stole their own car. we followed them. we wound up back at the same haunted house. they went in side. but the neighborhood surrounding the house was deserted with fog everywhere.

Once we dared to go inside, the dream turned into a final destination type movie...complete with a death of a person falling into a giant blender.

Personally, I blame seeing a trailer for nightmare on elmstreet 4 on FB for this.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #8212
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When your neighborhood road has a bend in it and people want to park right there.

Saw the same older van with a trailer (the kind that might carry a lawn mower, etc) sitting there once again, like last week. (I don't recognize it and assume it may be someone doing some independent lawn care work.) At least this time I was coming from the opposite way so it isn't quite as much of an issue.

Last week I came rather close to running over the guy when coming from the other direction. Couldn't see past it on that bend and had no idea this guy was next to it, leaning down in the middle of the damn road, until I was almost on top of him. I have doubts he ever even had a clue his ass was very close to being run down. (Lucky for him I reacted instantly and veered further to the right to avoid hitting/clipping him.) Not crazy about seeing that van and trailer parked there again...
Old 08-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #8213
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Steven Seagal :

-heh , like hell McQueen and Bruce Lee trained with you

-you act tough but turn chicken when someone challenges you (van Damme waited 2 hrs outside at Stallone but coward SS never showed up)

-he's made Bob Wall very angry , talking crap about Bruce Lee

-rape allegations
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #8214
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

North-Norway never had heat wave like South-Norway this yr , nothing but rain here , rains for weeks and months here in the fall....if you guys wants some rain , just ask
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #8215
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
North-Norway never had heat wave like South-Norway this yr , nothing but rain here , rains for weeks and months here in the fall....if you guys wants some rain , just ask
We had a small monsoon before the temperature shift, so we're good-ish :p It's still too warm down here though.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:08 PM   #8216
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The kitten we just started fostering does not seem to do good with wet food...that was learned the very hard way.

She's fine, fortunately. It's just too rich for her probably.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #8217
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Cinnamon haaa turned into a Cinna-monster. She haas peed on our bed three times in the past week, so now we have to keep the door closed to keep her out. Not only that, but she gets destructive when she is bored- like, SUPER DESTRUCTO-KITTY. She clings to the furniture like a monkey, shreds boxes and paper, knocks rubber ducks off the tub and sink, knocks over cups, etc. I think she might be ADHD, or possibly teething, or both. I got her some new toys, and it seems to help a bit, but she stoll acts like a trainee for My Cat From Hell.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #8218
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

With the bed peeing, she probably feels territoriality insecure.

I talked to the foster we work with about the kitten throwing up (she's done it more now), and she suggested removing the food for a little bit and then giving her something easier to eat.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #8219
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
We considered that, but she is actually very dominant, and has basically made herself the alpha by default simply because Angel lets her have anything she desides she wants- ie, if Angel is sleeping in a certain spot, Cinnamon has learned that simply harrassing her into leaving it will let her have it. She's a devious little turd, lol.

If anything, it seems to be more like a protest when she gets in trouble, as it seems she has only done it after being scolded. Not sure if cats comprehend revenge, but she's not the first one we've had who did things to retaliate after a reprimand.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #8220
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd still assume it's a territorial thing.

Definitely look into some Jackson Galaxy for what's going on.