The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Live-Action Kim Possible Movie

Quote:
Disney is working on a live-action Kim Possible movie, more than 15 years after the original animated series debuted, the studio announced today.
The studio is currently casting for the role of Kim Possible — a teenage girl trying to balance working as a secret agent and normal high school life — but there aren’t any actors attached to the movie right now. Series creators Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley and Josh Cagan will write the script and act as executive producers on the film, with Adam B. Stein and Zach Lipovsky set to co-direct. There is no estimated release date at this time.
This is the first live-action treatment of Kim Possible, but it’s not the first feature-length movie to star the heroine. Disney produced two animated, direct-to-TV films: Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama in 2005 and Kim Possible: A Stitch in Time in 2003. The series ran for 87 episodes on the Disney Channel before the show ended.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/7/169...n-movie-disney

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
Allio
Foot Elite

Welp, time to relive KimGo all over again
Old 02-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Awesome

Funny that i've been re watching the series for the last week.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
drgon78
Mad Scientist

As much as would love this to happen, I just can't think that they will screw this one up somehow. God I hope I am wrong and turns out to be awesome.
drgon78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
As much as would love this to happen, I just can't think that they will screw this one up somehow. God I hope I am wrong and turns out to be awesome.
Same here. But hopefully with the original creators attached it will at least turn out decent.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I'm nervous about this because I really enjoyed this cartoon when I was a teen and Christy Carlson Romano and Friedle have always been Kim and Ron to me. Still, this might turn out to be pretty fun if they do it right.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I wonder if Drakken will be blue
I watched the show a lot for a grip and was really great for what it was.
I don't have high expectations for this movie and I am just waiting for the fan backlash no matter how good or bad this movie will be.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Vicky82
Emperor

I expect Rufus will be CGI.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

That's funny, today on the bus I was riding, this woman's mobile phone's ringtone/text tone was the same as Kim Possible's. Funny coincidence.

Isn't Kim Possible's fad pretty much over, though? The cartoon ran from 2002 to 2007. Or are they trying to revive it?

Kim Possible was after my time, so I've never got around to watch it much or care much for it. It had its moments, though. Seemed alright for what it was.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It's not exactly one of those cartoons that demands a reboot. It told it's story, Kim and Ron got together, it making it past 65 episodes through fan support was considered a break-through achievement for it's time too.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's not exactly one of those cartoons that demands a reboot. It told it's story, Kim and Ron got together, it making it past 65 episodes through fan support was considered a break-through achievement for it's time too.
The movie does seem to come very late, then. I remember Kim and Ron ending up together, which seems like something that could have been done in a movie finale or something. So what will this movie add? Just a new adventure for old times sake?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Isn't Kim Possible's fad pretty much over, though? The cartoon ran from 2002 to 2007. Or are they trying to revive it?
In case you haven't noticed all old shows are going through revivals lately. Same reason Powerpuff girls got a reboot, Teen Titans Go, Animaniacs is getting a new series...or we have stuff like new TMNT cartoons or Young Justice Season 3. And biggest of all Dragonball Super, nobody ever expected a new Dragonball series after 18 years.

In live-action there's the X-files, Full House, etc.

It seems TV is going through full "nostalgia" mode and reviving almost every old popular series from the 90's or 2000's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In case you haven't noticed all old shows are going through revivals lately. Same reason Powerpuff girls got a reboot, Teen Titans Go, Animaniacs is getting a new series...or we have stuff like new TMNT cartoons or Young Justice Season 3. And biggest of all Dragonball Super, nobody ever expected a new Dragonball series after 18 years.

In live-action there's the X-files, Full House, etc.

It seems TV is going through full "nostalgia" mode and reviving almost every old popular series from the 90's or 2000's.
There doesn't seem to be any new KP cartoon series, though, so this news surprised me a little. A live action movie to boot, 11-12 years after the cartoon series ended seems to be a bit random. Would have been better to just have a new KP cartoon series or something.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #14
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I would prefer that they just make an animated movie.

Is this a theatrical release, made for TV movie, or strait to video?
Old 02-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I would prefer that they just make an animated movie.

Is this a theatrical release, made for TV movie, or strait to video?
Disney Channel Original Movie

Old 02-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #16
ABrown
Banned

Oh lord, this is all we need. Cybercubed shipping Kim and Shego.

I was a really big KP fan. I remember when the series was at its peak, I thought that Lindsay Lohan would've been a natural pick to play a live Kim. Obviously, she wouldn't be the right person to play her now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Funny that i've been re watching the series for the last week.
Really? If you don't mind me asking. How have you been watching the series. The dvd season sets are WAY overpriced.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #17
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Oh lord, this is all we need. Cybercubed shipping Kim and Shego.

I was a really big KP fan. I remember when the series was at its peak, I thought that Lindsay Lohan would've been a natural pick to play a live Kim. Obviously, she wouldn't be the right person to play her now.

Really? If you don't mind me asking. How have you been watching the series. The dvd season sets are WAY overpriced.
I'm watching it on Amazon video, The seasons are £8.99 each.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was in my early teens for when this show came out so never got into it but my French teacher used to love it and make constant references. She's a red head right? I wonder if they'll make her black since it seems to be the trend. If they don't then I wonder if it's because she's the main character. I also guess they won't let them use Kim's outfits anymore.

This has potential if they make a good kids mystery/action movie, I always loved those as a kid. Recess Live Action Movie when Disney? When?

Edit: Oh and they own Doug..live action Doug When Disney?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:22 AM   #19
drgon78
Mad Scientist

That is very disappointed to hear that it is a Disney channel movie. Now I have no hope that it will be good.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:04 AM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

A big budget Hollywood movie doesn't mean it's better, the Kim Possible idea is already cheesy, a low budget effort might be the better alternative so it's fine being a Disney Channel film.

christy romano would've been a great Kim if it this movie had come out back when the cartoon was airing. She was still older then but people would've accepted it. Whatever happened to her, she seemed to have "it" to make it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote