The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

Weird Dreams of the night

I wish I could draw, because some dream images are so real, I think thy happened.

a few nights ago, I had a dream of a kaiju invasion. a Gaint Monster Bird nested on our house before it fought a giant monster slug that burried itself beneath the house behind us.

A few days before that, I had dreams that I found an old coint, that was so rusted, you couldn't see what it wass, but it was bigger than a quarter. then for some reason it morphed into an old firefighters badge with a specific date, 1895.

other dreams I have once, and then remember instantly when awake a few years later when something triggers the memory. like i lived another life elsewhere.

weird.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #2
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I wish I could draw
A common wish.

I too have really weird dreams sometimes. A lot of them I forget about a little bit after I wake up. Ones I do remember about involve these deformed creatures invading my house and me hunting them down. I've also dreamt about my future self, and a lot of those are not pleasant at all, and I really hope those don't turn out to be my actual future because if they are I'm screwed.

I like to think that these dreams are a reflection of my thoughts and feelings I've had throughout the day, and that my thinking about certain stuff so much starts to affect my dreams.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Dreams are so weird. I once had a dream in which i was flying, it felt so real that I could feel what flying feels like. I also always have this dream where I'm falling down an endless pit, and i always end up waking up, so i don't die.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Heck... forget drawing, I'm at the point of just needing to be able to video record it from my mind. Because last night's dreams was one of the longest, craziest ones I've had in a while. Just all kinds of 'wtf.'

Between a trip to visiting a theme park with my mother, to later back home and my dad (deceased) was there (who I knew in the dream was dead - I always seem to know it in dreams of him - and because he's dead and just visiting I stopped myself from being annoyed that he took the rest of the chestnuts we apparently had in the fridge ), then later we were trying to stop bad people or things from breaking into the house, and unknown dream people where there helping (I think the only known person there then was my sister), and a bunch of stuff I can't describe and too blurry now...

But it included 'we' or someone having the power to lay their hands on the glass of the windows and it would burn the shape of bats onto the glass and for some reason this prevented the bad people/things from getting in. But eventually it (the bats) would weaken so it had to be done multiple times on the glass.

But then the power to do this stopped working entirely... so we were pretty much about to be screwed.

I live a sober life... honest.

Flying... I once just took off from the backyard, from the outside of the house just behind my head when I sleep, flew to some other part of the country and what not. That was quite a few years ago now. I still distinctly remember the farm I stopped at, at a barn, before heading home, and was hiding so people wouldn't see me. I think I'd left at night, and it was daytime by the time I was at the farm and deciding I should head home. Also recall having flown high over a city on the way out.

Falling... I once disproved the old "if you die in your dreams then you die in real life" thing. Dreamed I was climbing a tall tower... then, after getting pretty high up I fell off, hit the ground and died on impact.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-11-2017 at 07:59 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Falling... I once disproved the old "if you die in your dreams then you die in real life" thing. Dreamed I was climbing a tall tower... then, after getting pretty high up I fell off, hit the ground and died on impact.
for some reason I always wake up before I hit the ground even when I don't try to.

Also hate when I'm in a really good dream, having fun, and I just wake up.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
Vegita-San
Emperor

Oddly, I have recurring dreams about waking up in the same cemetery, and panicking trying to find a way out of the huge place.

The other night, I dreamt I was part of the wacky races team. We crash landed, and found our way to a small town and went into an italian restaurant. Somehow, the dream ended with a psychic giving us readings, and mentioning she sees an lady ghost from the 1800's, on fire, just staring at us from the restaurant's back yard.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just staring at us from the restaurant's back yard.
Okay, reading that with Splinter the boss' signature image above it added to the creepiness. lol
Old 06-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

slightly less creepy, but just as weird.

a trial going on that we apparently had to witness in the audience. for some reason, rita rudner of all people, hadto help the judge with the trial and ask questions of people that where in the trial.

My dead grandfather was also there, covering up my eyes and telling me not to look at the next bit of evidence because it was too gruesome or something. i woke up soon after.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #9
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Okay, reading that with Splinter the boss' signature image above it added to the creepiness. lol
Son that's funny. 😀😀😀

Old 07-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #10
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Last night I had a really weird dream.

In it Beavis and Butthead's voice actors IRL were Bill and Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. And for some reason I was with them (Bill and Ted) at a fancy restaurant eating pasta while they played phone games for the entire time. I tried having a normal conversation with them but they were more interested in their phone. So I just sat there and enjoyed my pasta. And this went on until I woke up.

Weird.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:14 AM   #11
Vegita-San
Emperor

latest nightmare..

trying to film an important invent, or get a selfie, and for whatever reason, i can't either get my phone to work, or get my phone at all...

latest one was tryingto get a selfie with mr.bean, but usually it's with the muppets
Old 08-19-2017, 04:50 AM   #12
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've had a few memorable supernatural dreams.
As for flying, I've regularly flown in dreams for years, usually if I'm scared of something but also if I know I'm dreaming.
A lot of dreams are common though, things like not being able to dial a number or type an email address, or lights not turning on, what was the movie that was about that?
A common dream for me me lately is where I am trying to lock doors and they just won't lock.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #13
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I have so many of them. I've started to keep a dream journal and I'm going to make a copy of it in this really amazing leather notebook I got for Christmas a few years ago.

I want to be an author so I use my dreams as inspiration. Some of them are really comforting even if they make little practical sense like this one about these mice flying across the ocean with parachutes.

Sometimes they even have coherent storylines (probably helped by the way how I can sometimes pause the dream and direct it).

Last edited by DisKosh; 08-19-2017 at 08:50 AM.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #14
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
I have so many of them. I've started to keep a dream journal and I'm going to make a copy of it in this really amazing leather notebook I got for Christmas a few years ago.

I want to be an author so I use my dreams as inspiration. Some of them are really comforting even if they make little practical like this one about these mice flying across the ocean with parachutes.

Sometimes they even have coherent storylines (probably helped by the way how I can sometimes pause the dream and direct it).
It seems as good inspiration, if your dreams are interesting enough. I've wanted to try writing lately, not to be an author, just for myself.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #15
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
It seems as good inspiration, if your dreams are interesting enough. I've wanted to try writing lately, not to be an author, just for myself.
To be honest, that's why I started and it's why I actually do it but I do want to get some works published.

I really encourage you to start. It's a rewarding hobby.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #16
Vegita-San
Emperor

Most hated dreams...

finding out my car is stolen. weirdly, I h ave one that is real time consecutive. I buy a new car, and afew months later it gets 'dream stolen' in the same spot and i'm just as annoyed.

Dreams where cars don't behave like they are supposed too.....breaks not working, etc..

Dreams where pets run away.

a few weird ones this week that involved celebrities and community talks.....
Old 10-29-2017, 09:17 AM   #17
newfan
Mad Scientist

Going through old stuff I found a dream journal from about 11 years ago, I only did that for a very short time but it was interesting to see the recurring dreams I used to have compared to now, some I still have, some stopped and are replaced with new ones.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Got me thinking that the only reoccurring one I truly dislike is the one where I realize that I have a fish tank with one or more fish that has been forgotten and neglected for a long time and trying to save it/them. It's always so sad and feel so bad about having somehow forgotten about them.

And then I was just now looking it up and found that plenty of people have had very similar dreams.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Got me thinking that the only reoccurring one I truly dislike is the one where I realize that I have a fish tank with one or more fish that has been forgotten and neglected for a long time and trying to save it/them. It's always so sad and feel so bad about having somehow forgotten about them.

And then I was just now looking it up and found that plenty of people have had very similar dreams.
I have had similar to that but it's pet rodents in mine.

Last edited by newfan; 10-29-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So this one...

Mother kind of roughly grabbing both of my hands (single handed somehow) and quickly and roughly trying to scrub the backs of both hands with steel wool. I broke away from her and was running my hands under cool water to try to ease the pain.

At that point she then went down to the basement for a minute and just as she was coming back up the stairs I quickly tried to close the basement door, which was really thin and flimsy with a wide gap. A lock or hook of some kind could reach across the gap to lock it, but the door was of course very loose and she was fighting me to get through it as I tried to hold it shut.

Repressed feelings much...?