Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #81
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Wow.

I only read it to see Tokka and Rahzar, but this felt like an actual TMNT comic again. Not that I loved everything about it (I'm sure you guys are sick to death of me b!tching about Alopex), but bringing the focus back to Hob and Karai... my interest has been rekindled, and just in fvcking time.

Just ditch the clothes on the Turtles, please.

And as others have said, the Mona Lisa scene felt genuine. Real emotion there.
No, don't stop because I agree. Also, yes ditch the freaking clothes! For the last 10 issues I feel like beating my head against the wall and have considered to break my complete run before #120, but this issue gives me a glimmer of hope that #113 may be a turning point for the better. I am looking for feedback in PM, CKD. It took me three days to pick this up and I expected ninja antics with a Home Alone flavor making me groan. Still not what it was though. I cannot make myself care about Hob's second incarnation of the Mutanimals. Nor do I understand why Karai wants more Mutant henchmen.

I want to know the conditions Karai was given to lead the Foot and what her intentions are.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:08 AM   #82
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Nor do I understand why Karai wants more Mutant henchmen.

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #83
Mr_riddler
Random Punk

Was a nice issue, fun to read, with some good old sneaky action scenes, love to see klunk and bludgeon being happy doing what he's doing was a nice comedy touch, reminds me to King Shark in the run of Gail Simone with the Secret Six. In other hand, i'm probably the only one who felt than the stuff with Mona Lisa and her parents was kinda forced?

Maybe the best part of the run until now.
Spoiler:
Old 11-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #84
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

if the foot ever disbands, i get the feeling Bludgeons going to become a Buddhist monk. if he had a boss level i think it'd be in a zen garden theme with a pool at one end.

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #85
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I saw a video last night that gave the example of it being like hiring The Mighty Ducks to fend off The Huns so good time there.

The self-aware moment with Koya telling Karai what I am thinking does make me wonder how her ranks are going to change. Bebop and Rocksteady are cut loose one way or another and Razhar and Tokka become the mindless destructive muscle? The 2012 Nick cartoon should serve as an example of how one cannot balance six mutant henchmen.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:31 AM   #86
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Idk why, but Karai amping up the Foot and the unrest with the militant Mutanimals are two of the elements I am most excited for. Really hoping we can look into the mystical side of the Foot (maybe with Shinigami from Nick TMNT) and the science side (Chaplin from 2k3)?...Hadn't felt that excitement with the foot since seeing human Bebop and Rocksteady in the Raph micro series. Not to forget, all those orphans are somewhere in there.

I am enjoying the Mutant Town stories and liking how characters and the world is getting established, it isnt so much throwaway characters more so characters who will appear in the background here and there. It makes it more believable and livable. I do wish the turtles could keep their color schemes, sometimes I have trouble telling them apart at first in group scenes.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #87
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The self-aware moment with Koya telling Karai what I am thinking does make me wonder how her ranks are going to change. Bebop and Rocksteady are cut loose one way or another and Razhar and Tokka become the mindless destructive muscle? The 2012 Nick cartoon should serve as an example of how one cannot balance six mutant henchmen.
I think it's the other way around, Koya and Bludgeon will be the ones cut loose, or at least removed from "active duty". Either that's the plan all along or Koya will feel the need to do something to prove herself that messes up Karai's scheme with Tokka and Rahzar. Either way, we know Bebop and Rocksteady will feature prominently in this arc and they're guaranted to make a glorious mess of things, the only question is whether Koya will be the one to nudge them in that direction. Honestly, those two - provided Karai can keep them under control, and she's always been able to do so - are far more useful than Koya and Bludgeon. Remind me again, which henchmen did Karai bring out when she wanted to strike fear into an entire city's criminal underworld? Precisely.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #88
qt.bangerang
Foot Soldier

Well once again the tmnt look like pathetic weaklings. Six vs two...with a house full of traps...come on man.

Well with the addition of 2 more power house mutants Karai should be unstopable...just get it over with and kill off the turtles...they could barely take on two random, unimpressive, untrained mutants.
qt.bangerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #89
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Well once again the tmnt look like pathetic weaklings. Six vs two...with a house full of traps...come on man.

Well with the addition of 2 more power house mutants Karai should be unstopable...just get it over with and kill off the turtles...they could barely take on two random, unimpressive, untrained mutants.
You did see how Leo made the octopus beat a hasty retreat back in #110, yeah? I'm pretty sure he could take both of Hob's spies by himself. Thing is, they were expecting more (I'm still not clear on why there weren't more...) and it's not as easy as one might think to gang up on two opponents in an enclosed space. The Turtles' numbers worked against them this time.

Karai is probably considering ditching Koya and Bludgeon for Tokka and Rahzar.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #90
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

So I never actually got around to posted a cohesive set of thoughts on this issue, let me do that now:

The taking down of Hob’s spies with traps in the house, calling back to old RL ninja techniques in old Japan, was actually a really nice touch. Mutant Town does weirdly resemble a feudal era system, with no overarching government and just gangs acting as Lords controlling sections of the city. I wouldn’t mind more exploring of that dynamic.

That was the first time we’ve seen Mona sad or vulnerable like that. The situation with her parents is realistic, as it would be quite the shock, though it brings to mind some of the very real issues this scenario would bring up. Do her parents know for sure that that is their Mona? What if someone stole her phone and pretended to be her? A bit unlikely, but could you see someone performing identity theft? Or facing trouble proving they were who they claimed to be? You couldn’t confirm yourself with your looks, fingerprints, DNA, and you might have lost most of your identification. This makes me want to think about how much of your resources you can still access if you have internet in Mutant Town, and how much a bank account with cash actually helps if you’re stuck there. Does Amazon do drone drops if you order something? Presumably not. Are mutated people on the inside getting workers comp for jobs they can’t return to? The legal side of this event is a colossal mess.

Eh, let’s not get off topic. I do like briefly seeing Karai in a business dress, just to remind us she does have a life out of the shadows and beyond the harsh side of the Foot clan. Very glad to see Tokka and Razhar. Based on the fact that Hob has them behind bars and not helping in his cause, and the look on his face at the end, I’d say he doesn’t feel confident he can control them. I do wonder if Karai is biting off more than she can chew.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 11-21-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #91
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
The taking down of Hob’s spies with traps in the house, calling back to old RL ninja techniques in old Japan, was actually a really nice touch. Mutant Town does weirdly resemble a feudal era system, with no overarching government and just gangs acting as Lords controlling sections of the city. I wouldn’t mind more exploring of that dynamic.

(...)

Does Amazon do drone drops if you order something?

(...)

Based on the fact that Hob has them behind bars and not helping in his cause, and the look on his face at the end, I’d say he doesn’t feel confident he can control them. I do wonder if Karai is biting off more than she can chew.
I've said it once before and I'll say it again, Splinter would thrive in Mutant Town. If he were alive, he'd be running the place within two weeks of the walls going up. And actually running it, not whatever the hell Hob's doing.

Unlikely, any drones or similar apparatus would be ripped apart by Flyborgs and/or EPF forces the minute they approached the walls from the outside.

That is clearly the case. Hob sure seems to keep a lot of his new recruits captive, doesn't he...? Another important question is: are Tokka and Rahzar mutated humans, or mutated animals?
Old 11-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #92
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I’ve pondered Splinter in Mutant town as well. Yeah, he would run circles around Hob and probably do well enough to get elected Mayor democratically.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #93
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
I’ve pondered Splinter in Mutant town as well. Yeah, he would run circles around Hob and probably do well enough to get elected Mayor democratically.
Splinter would've probably taken good care of the 3 Weasels and they would end up being Ninjas like the Turtles.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #94
Oroku Pato
New Recruit

To me at least is becoming kinda painful to go trough the recent issues. I like the new elements brought to the table (mutant town, the dojo, etc) And Sophie Campbell shines in certain types of storytelling, like back in the day when Leo and Karai talked about the future of the Foot Clan instead of killing each other right there, but...

Man, you have so much unanswered questions (where the hell are Shredder and Kitsune?) and even though stuff happens, overall nothing important has happened and the tone or approach seems off somehow. Anyway, just my opinion if you like the recent issues, that's great! maybe you see something I don't but overall I agree: Splinter would be running mutant town within two weeks.
Oroku Pato is offline   Reply With Quote