The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Your thought on Bishop being an Utrom in the Nick cartoon.?
Hated it, Utrom Bishop was a bad adaptation. 2 28.57%
Love it, Utrom Bishop was a good adaptation. 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2022, 10:01 AM   #1
kel1578
Mouser

Your thought on Bishop being an Utrom in the Nick cartoon.?

I personally hated utrom Bishop, For me he was Bishop in name only.

Last edited by kel1578; 12-02-2022 at 07:30 PM.
kel1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:40 PM   #2
Antoniocafe
Thug

I don't think I would day that I "loved it". But I definitely thought that it worked.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Well, it does kind of mess with his whole "gotta defend earth from the alien invaders" deal and skipping the villain angle entirely is a bit of a shame to be sure. At the same time, did anyone really think this show was going to be accurate given it's track record? I mean the Utrom race was initially depicted in it's entirety as an evil hive-mind faction named after Krang, rather than what they were in the comics, which isn't even pointing out what they did many other characters. And I guess technically Bishop was the sort of character who could rather easily shift between enemy and ally depending on the situation, even being an ally full time in Fast Forward.

Ultimately, I think they mostly did this because they realised the Kraang's android bodies looked like Bishop by coincidence, with very little reason beyond that. It would probably have made more sense to give the model white hair and call him Mortu instead, that would have been more appropriate.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:18 PM   #4
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I personally liked that change.

Instead of being a sadistic government agent who loved to torture lesser creatures, he became an Utrom version of Agent K.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:27 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

It worked really well. He still looked like Bishop, was the head of the EPF, fought like Bishop, and he was introduced during a Triceraton invasion arc the same way he was in the 4kids series.

Also his reveal as an Utrom was the first mention of Utroms in Nick and finally let us know the Kraang were just former Utroms enslaved by Kraang Prime which many were speculating. So it worked very well for the story. It's funny how much Bishop resembled the Kraang bots with sunglasses.

Also as an aside I bet it was a done as a homage to 4kids Shredder being an Utrom. Felt like a nod to it that in this series Bishop was the Utrom but the other it was Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote