The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #361
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
No new micro-series planned at this time. I'm sure we'll do more crossovers in the future as the ones we have done have been successful. Nothing beyond idea stage at this point.

Thanks!
Bobby, can we interpret no new micro-series to mean yes new mini-series?
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #362
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes, no.

Or, possibly no, yes.

Seriously, I can't talk about stuff until it's announced. Sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #363
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Yes, no.

Or, possibly no, yes.

Sorry, that post just reminded me of this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112896/...item=qt0470314

ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #364
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yes, no.

Or, possibly no, yes.

I know. I just rather enjoy your evasive responses. On a more serious-ish note (also this is okay to print)

I want to thank you guys for the awesome job you have done with the TMNT for the last four and a half years. I found #50 to be the best story in TMNT and a very fitting end to the first era of IDW'S run. It was also rather fitting, since between the release of #50 and #51 I both got married and started a new career. So as the TMNT ended one chapter of their story, so too did I. This meant a lot to me, since I've been a huge fan for as long as I can remember, and I'm so glad that everyone involved are fans of the turtles. I'll end with a few questions:
1. Is Leatherhead going to be an ally, an enemy, or fall more in a grey area?
2. When will we learn more about Krang's fate after "Attack on Technodrome"?
3. Any chance of seeing Ch'rell? (Maybe as a certain Utrom war criminal's cell mate?
4. Are the EPF and Blackwater separate organizations?

Chris Booth
Baltimore
(It'd be awesome to get this printed in Ninja Notes!)
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #365
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm pretty sure that all those will be answered in the upcoming issues, especially considering that Leatherhead's range on the ally/enemy scale is meant to be ambiguous to us for now. While I personally am not counting on Ch`rell showing up, it would still make for some fantastic(ly terrible) situations if he was in Krang's cellmate...other than the fact that they'd probably have to be separated in due time, because they would end up fighting like bull moose.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:53 PM   #366
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Congrats on the new and exciting stuff in your life, Hob.

Indeed, I have to be evasive on questions 1 and 3, but I can a bit more specific on the others:

We won't see Krang in this calendar year, but we should see what his fate is in 2017.

The connection between EPF and Blackwater is nebulous at this time, but they are separate organizations-- but both have connections to the government.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #367
Zage
Hench Mutant

Will we ever see the Punk Frogs, in the new IDW ongoing series?

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #368
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

There's no plans right now, but I like the characters, so I think it would be fun some day.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #369
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Discussion about accuracy of the depiction of New York has me ask, would we get to see any specific areas in the city like Lennon Memorial in Central Park or the Coney Island Amusement Park as examples? Heck, I would love to see IDW's take on the 1964/65 World's Fair area for obvious reasons.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #370
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I really should start wearing my Krang-based madness on my sleeve, but it's already in my user name. And this one, I'm not even sure it's in your zone of work to answer, because it feels like a story inconsistency. And also a little bit of Rock Soldier.

The Rock Soldier's skin is made so it can deflect bullets, or at least reduce their impact. A bit later, Krang is able to strangle one hard enough to draw blood with his bare tentacles. I know it's said that the mutagen wasn't as powerful as Krang wanted it to be, but surely it would have been strong enough to protect them from strangulation?

Also, will it ever be explained how Krang was able to be out of the protection of his armor in that issue? And in the Baxter Stockman mini when he was using a walker? Was there an artificial Dimension X atmosphere in those little spaces?
Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 PM   #371
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Discussion about accuracy of the depiction of New York has me ask, would we get to see any specific areas in the city like Lennon Memorial in Central Park or the Coney Island Amusement Park as examples? Heck, I would love to see IDW's take on the 1964/65 World's Fair area for obvious reasons.
No plans, but maybe. That kind of stuff is usually up to the artist's discretion.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #372
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I really should start wearing my Krang-based madness on my sleeve, but it's already in my user name. And this one, I'm not even sure it's in your zone of work to answer, because it feels like a story inconsistency. And also a little bit of Rock Soldier.

The Rock Soldier's skin is made so it can deflect bullets, or at least reduce their impact. A bit later, Krang is able to strangle one hard enough to draw blood with his bare tentacles. I know it's said that the mutagen wasn't as powerful as Krang wanted it to be, but surely it would have been strong enough to protect them from strangulation?

Also, will it ever be explained how Krang was able to be out of the protection of his armor in that issue? And in the Baxter Stockman mini when he was using a walker? Was there an artificial Dimension X atmosphere in those little spaces?
That strangle always kind of bothered me too. I rationalize it in my head that while the skin is stone, the muscles aren't, and that's the only thing protecting the windpipe. I don't really buy it either.

Yes, I figure that in Krang's personal chambers he's able to create an artificial environment that he can be comfortable in for periods of time. Sort of like turning up the AC full blast. Costly on the energy bill, but for small spaces it's worth it sometimes.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #373
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that would definitely make quite a bit of sense, and could be feasible...if not for the fact that Krang was able to draw blood - and without even biting him (there wasn't any around his mouth). That surely should not have been possible with the stone skin, even if Krang was able to crush the muscle under the stone.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #374
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Are you sure that wasn't Krang's own blood from trying to squeeze so hard???? Considering the rock soldier skin is very rough and Krang's flesh is very tender and vulnerable.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:46 PM   #375
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
It's not out of the realm of possibility that Krang (and thus other Utroms as well?) is just extremely strong, with the catch that the shape of his body just isn't suited for a prolonged fight without some sort of robotic aid. I'm not saying he's as strong as Bebop and Rocksteady, or anything, but he could very well be for all we know and it still wouldn't help him one bit against the Turtles or Shredder simply because of the way his species evolved. Now, if he catches a rock soldier off-guard and strangles the poor fellow out of anger? Then it's quite feasible, I'd say. Just a bit of speculation on my part, though.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #376
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Bobby,
was that can of ArmaCola a little wink to all the recent questions about Armaggon?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:55 AM   #377
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Bobby,
was that can of ArmaCola a little wink to all the recent questions about Armaggon?
That was in a recent issue, right? You'd have to ask Michael, purely his inclusion.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:18 AM   #378
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Are you sure that wasn't Krang's own blood from trying to squeeze so hard???? Considering the rock soldier skin is very rough and Krang's flesh is very tender and vulnerable.
I did go back to check this, but most of it appears to be on the Rock Soldier - and it's darkest there too. So it is the Rock Soldier's.

So, we probably could say that Utroms (or at least Krang) really are a lot stronger than they come off. I've speculated that they were water-dwelling shellfish eaters before developing civilization, so they would require a lot of strength to crack open shells - and probably even some rock if they had to.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #379
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
That was in a recent issue, right? You'd have to ask Michael, purely his inclusion.
yeah, it was in today's issue #55.

is Michael Dialynas on this forum? and i really LOVE his art btw!!!
hope he draws more TMNT art in the near future!!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:34 PM   #380
Zage
Hench Mutant

Will we ever see Jagwar, or Dreadmon, or Venus, in the ongoing series?

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz