The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

String of suspicious packages addressed to prominent Democrats and CNN

Two "suspicious packages" addressed to former President Obama and Hillary Clinton were intercepted by the Secret Service.
A package sent to CNN's offices in New York City was addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan.
The package addressed to Brennan contained what appeared to be a live explosive device, and an envelope containing white powder.
A package addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder was instead delivered to the return address, the Florida office of former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
A suspicious package addressed to Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters was intercepted at a House mail facility, two sources told CBS News.
At least two packages included crude but functional low-ordnance explosive devices, a law enforcement official said.

A sprawling investigation unfolded Wednesday as authorities scrambled to respond to a series of suspicious packages. Two packages were addressed to the homes of two former presidents and another was addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan at the New York City offices of CNN, prompting CNN's bureau and the Time Warner Center to evacuate.

The Secret Service said Wednesday morning it had intercepted the packages addressed to former President Obama's home in Washington and Bill and Hillary Clinton's residence in Westchester County, New York.

Another package was originally addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder, but was sent to the wrong address and returned to office of former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Crude but functional low-ordnance explosive devices found in at least two of the packages consisted of a pipe, wires and black powder, a law enforcement official told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/su...-live-updates/
Old 10-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but c'mon. This does seem a little bit... funnily timed.

Meanwhile, look how fast the letters with ricin sent to the White House a couple weeks ago got swept under the rug.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Two "suspicious packages"...
"The liberals are at it again!! Oh wait."

(Or however the liberal-hater, conspiracy-lover loons would put it.)

Almost anything can probably be considered funnily timed in some way if a person wants to see it that way...

I mean, what, if the weather is bad on election day will some conspiracy sorts start crying about an attempt at "voter suppression"? I mean, naturally someone on the opposition will have seeded the clouds to cause bad weather in order to discourage people from bothering to get out and vote. It would be too timely for it not to be the case.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-24-2018 at 02:14 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Packages are sent to these democrats, even Hillary Clinton (just because), none of them blow up, the news media runs wild about it (whereas it did NOT with the ricin letters to White House republicans)... all of it painting a picture that republicans are crazed loons. Right as we hit mid-term voting this week.

Think about it. If the sender was really a republican pissed off at the left... why wouldn't they wait until a day after the mid-terms? There really is only logical rationale if it's somebody from the left (they don't want to ACTUALLY hurt Obama and Hillary, etc., they just want to make it look like they are while framing the right).
Old 10-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Logical? There is nothing logical to think that an individual who sides with those people would send "at least two packages [that] included crude but functional low-ordnance explosive devices" and no doubt more.

That is definitely pretty irrational to assume someone would target people they side with to harm them just to make someone else look bad. Wtf. Were it ever actually the case in any such event, I don't care which way it's going or what people on which side are targeted...anyone doing that is a legit insane person no party should ever be accountable for.

That said, obviously the whole of the Right shouldn't be accountable for people like this either, no normal person of any party actually does such a thing. BUT. There are still those on the Right who need to own up to their provoking rhetoric that does inspire people to commit such acts.

It's only as "logical" as to believe that a huge (and apparently crazy) Trump supporter would send him a bomb (and functional at that), just to make "leftists" look bad. No way would I believe that either, that is just absurd. Outside of a very small minority who could need to be in a psychiatric institution, that just isn't a thing that otherwise happens. If someone tried to suggest a Trump/republican supporter sent the ricin to the White House, I wouldn't believe that for a moment.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-24-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Most likely this was done by a(or maybe a small group) of right wing extremists.

Tbh, Trump's speech in the last 2-3 years didn't do any favours to the current political and social climate. Calling the press "enemy of the people" and your political opponents "evil" isn't really a very sensible thing to do. It's like Trump has encouraged the radicals to break off the leash. Lately, the type of loud mouth populists have been getting elected and popular around the world.

Many people seem to be siding more with the radicals and having more extremists views nowadays.

I wonder what the end of this current century will look like.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Most likely this was done by a(or maybe a small group) of right wing extremists.
If so, it would literally have to be "right wing extremists... with no sense of logic or reason" (which is definitely possible). Because if they had logic or reason it's not hard to figure out that attacks of this nature by members of "the right" on democrats right during the mid-term elections would only serve to galvanize the voters of the left. That's it. It would serve no other purpose, and that purpose is contrary to what they want to see.

I mean, all the bomber(s) had to do was wait a little over a week until the mid-terms were over before striking... then it wouldn't matter. They weren't even targeting people running for anything.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If so, it would literally have to be "right wing extremists... with no sense of logic or reason" (which is definitely possible). Because if they had logic or reason it's not hard to figure out that attacks of this nature by members of "the right" on democrats right during the mid-term elections would only serve to galvanize the voters of the left. That's it. It would serve no other purpose, and that purpose is contrary to what they want to see.

I mean, all the bomber(s) had to do was wait a little over a week until the mid-terms were over before striking... then it wouldn't matter. They weren't even targeting people running for anything.
I understand your point, but some people aren't very bright, so it might have just been a not so smart radical doing this.

Anyway, let's wait until the culprits are found out. Until then we can only speculate.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Entirely possible that the elections weren't even much of a factor for this wacko, esp with something like this that probably took some planning for a while. Maybe it was a factor. Or maybe their plan was simply ready for that next step of being mailed out, pre-elections be damned.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #10
Vegita-San
Emperor

the democrats are so insane, they sabotaged their own chances of winning the election 2 years ago..and have been looking for some magic 'short cut' to get the guy in office, out of office, ever since.

it would not surprise me in the LEAST if they used peopel's over emotional histeria with some 'planeted' bombs. After all, we only have the media's claim that they where functional. and we know how reliable they are.

Of course, if this could be proven as a false claim to drum up sympathy and fear during an election month.......the dems will never win again. I think they are crazy and desperate enough to give it a try though.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
the democrats are so insane, they sabotaged their own chances of winning the election 2 years ago..and have been looking for some magic 'short cut' to get the guy in office, out of office, ever since.

it would not surprise me in the LEAST if they used peopel's over emotional histeria with some 'planeted' bombs. After all, we only have the media's claim that they where functional. and we know how reliable they are.

Of course, if this could be proven as a false claim to drum up sympathy and fear during an election month.......the dems will never win again. I think they are crazy and desperate enough to give it a try though.
Never again? USA is literally a two party country. Who is gonna replace the blue ones?
Old 10-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, even your average democrat/republican lemming generally knows enough to know that control of the house is riding on this mid-term election. It's a pretty big deal.

The way this could have shaken out, the bomber could have:

A) Sent the bombs out weeks/months before mid-term elections RESULT: Little to no negative republican effect on mid-term elections.

B) Sent the bombs out days/weeks/months after mid-term elections RESULT: Zero republican effect on mid-term elections. Because they've already happened.

C) Sent the bombs out during the mid-term elections RESULT: Maximum negative republican effect on mid-term elections.

It just strikes me as really odd that the bomber -- if a staunch republican -- would choose C. We are now left to assume, if we're to assume it's a "right wing whacko," that's it's one that knows how to rig up mailable bombs yet doesn't possess any higher level reasoning. Which I admit again, is entirely possible. I'm just not entirely sure it's the likeliest of all possible scenarios.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #13
Vegita-San
Emperor

I didn't even think of a conspiracy angle until I saw this post.

My previous thought was that it WAS some Trump nut supporter who sent them out. But, what would THEY have to gain at this point? trump is on a high point at this stage. more and more people are starting to walk away from the other side as it gets crazier and crazier....

but then again, to even consider doing something like that means you are too far gone into crazy to begin with, so reasoning might not be a factor!

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

The fact that something like this has happened in a democratic nation(or "land of da freez!" as they call it) is kind of concerning, I'd say. Yet people prefer to be pointing fingers and cause even further division.

A lot of people in USA seem tobe afraid of people from certain parts of the globe, yet it seems like the biggest problems are coming from their own countrymen. Quite ironic, I guess.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Very, very ironic.

Claims of "Muslims," without evidence and indirectly suggesting terrorists of course, among that caravan of people coming to 'get' us? Sure. (Scare up those votes the best you can!)

Actual bombs attempted to be sent to Trump opponents, including former presidents? Somehow not a terroristic act.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Very, very ironic.

Claims of "Muslims," without evidence and indirectly suggesting terrorists of course, among that caravan of people coming to 'get' us? Sure. (Scare up those votes the best you can!)

Actual bombs attempted to be sent to Trump opponents, including former presidents? Somehow not a terroristic act.
Plus, usually Muslim radicals don't send explosives through mail. They commit suicide bombings. And they usually don't aim for top politicians either, but try to kill civilians. I think it's unlikely a radical Muslim did this. Wouldn't surprise me if ISIS eventually claims this one as well, though . Remember when they claimed the Las Vegas shooting at a concert?
Old 10-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What kind of world are we living in now? Even the terrorists are lazy, yet still opportunistic in it. To the point that they just let Trump do the work of instilling fear of them. (And oddly share a need with Trump to self aggrandize themselves.)

Yeah... supposedly there was also shrapnel in these bombs with a timer hooked up to a detonator. That is a bit too real for any supposed "false flag" nonsense that people want it to be.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #18
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

So let me get this straight:

You think that a bunch of tree-hugging, gun-loathing, war-protesting "libtard" snowflakes sent fake bombs to drum up support for their cause? And the thing that seals the deal is that the ivory-tower, Harvard elitist Left is too stupid to plan this out better?

Meanwhile, there's a list as long as my arm of Right wing terrorists being convicted of mass murdering Americans on US soil? The same geniuses who think that education is stupid and burn books that offend them?

And that's where your brain goes?

I mean, I don't even know where to start. The obvious suspect would be Right wing extremists.

It could be Left wing extremists, but those guys are usually too busy throwing red paint on fur coats or making snarky protest signs to do anything of serious consequence.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:39 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm gonna start sending "suspicious packages" to people who use the word "funnily". STOP IT.
----------------------

This is all theater. If anyone had the means to send Hillary Clinton a bomb, they'd have done it forever ago. Plus, I should only BE so lucky. But I'm not. I haven't been anywhere near good enough this year, to be rewarded as such.

I think it's hilarious that so many people think there's ZERO chance it was staged to drum up sympathy. Sure, it's the more far-fetched theory, but it's absolutely plausible.

The first thing they teach you in the wrestling business is, "EVERYTHING is a work (con) until conclusively proven otherwise." The second (or third) thing is, "Wrestling and politics are exactly the same."

So. Nothing blew up, I'm calling it a work. Sorry. Anybody who'd waste a weekend making pipe bombs would take a minute to make sure they were functional before wasting money on postage.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:06 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

True. I'm very interested to know more information about the bombs. Like, why didn't they go off? Were they damaged, and if so, was it damage definitively caused by transit or ambiguous or definitively damage intentionally caused to them? What would have triggered the bombs? Was even one of them close to actually being triggered, like, had they not been flagged or whatnot (which one would assume they would be anyway)? I get that some of these questions may never be answered, but I hope a lot of that is disclosed in the days to come.

Here is a meme I already see in my FB feed right now:

"All jokes and memes aside...

Someone just tried to MURDER
all of President Trump's
political opponents today.

All of them.

Let that sink in."

It's already runnin' wild, BROTHER!

Tags
i love trump, i'm a political expert, magabomber, tribalism, trump is innocent