The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

If anyone has this game and wants to exchange friend codes let me know!

the game is on sale at the nintendo shop until tomorrow 10/2/14 if anyone wanted to pick it up... $20 bucks...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sup.../1100-6422562/

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm a huuuuuuuuge fan of this game. I play at least an hour or two a day. I almost wish I never got it, though, because it's become addicting in a negative way. I've become so attached to my villagers & the quest to prevent them from moving that it causes stress & anxiety.

These are my villagers-

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Oh my god though, I completely understand; those are great villagers.

Also yo I play this occasionally. FC's 1907-8658-4457 and I'll add anybody, just let me know!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm a huuuuuuuuge fan of this game. I play at least an hour or two a day. I almost wish I never got it, though, because it's become addicting in a negative way. I've become so attached to my villagers & the quest to prevent them from moving that it causes stress & anxiety.

These are my villagers-
http://i57.tinypic.com/30c4l7l.png
You've got the dragon!! That's the coolest villager of ALL THE GAME!

I quited the game because I lost one of my most beloved villagers and getting the ones you really like is a nightmare.
I had a room decorated like the power ranger headquarters (yes, there are different color Power Ranger suit on this game) and a Mr. Miyagi inspired bonsai room.

Fishing and collecting fossils was fun, but a serious and planed village design is simply too tedious for me and a new villager coming to the town can ruin all your work.

Finally me and my girl decided to resell it and now are extremly happy with Fantasy Life ^___^
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
Peanut
Second Gear

I played daily until my ds broke earlier in the summer. Can't wait to get my new XL this month and get back to my town!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
You've got the dragon!! That's the coolest villager of ALL THE GAME!

I quited the game because I lost one of my most beloved villagers and getting the ones you really like is a nightmare.
I had a room decorated like the power ranger headquarters (yes, there are different color Power Ranger suit on this game) and a Mr. Miyagi inspired bonsai room.

Fishing and collecting fossils was fun, but a serious and planed village design is simply too tedious for me and a new villager coming to the town can ruin all your work.

Finally me and my girl decided to resell it and now are extremly happy with Fantasy Life ^___^
Haha, he's definitely a standout villager! I love Drago so much. That lazy personality really suits him. Man, I'd definitely quit if I lost Coco, she's my favorite, with Walt being a close second. Losing them would suuuuuuuck. I've pretty much had the same villagers since the beginning, so even the ones I like less are special to me. Bummed me out for a good long while when Rodney unexpectedly left. I miss that blue hamster.

My rooms are themed, but not rooted in pop culture. The main one is sort of a bedroom inspired by stuff I like, lots of purple, the bathroom is traditional Japanese, the attic is an arcade full of games & toys, the basement is a laboratory, got a 1950's diner styled kitchen in back, & a showroom where I keep trophies, villagers pics, rare items, etc. My museum is mostly for storage but I've got a Nintendo/Undersea room, as well as a Breaking Bad themed room.

I feel you on the planned village thing, but I recently wanted to rekindle the flame a little bit & started dedicating time to sprucing the place up. I actually really got into the groove of things & now I've got awesome gardens & themed portions of the town, as well as a stone path throughout. I really enjoy maintaining it all now, & growing gold roses/jacob's ladders feels great.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
sdp
-

I've posted this a few times before but I lost interest in New Leaf after my file got corrupted for no reason and I lost everything I had. I've tried to get back into it but I just can't after that, it didn't help that I had already gotten tired of the game before that. I also can't see myself getting into another AC unless there's more changes. NL was good as a perfection of the original formula but I'd want something more, it'd be neat if they combined Tomodachi Life with AC somehow.

Anywho, in New Leaf villagers leave all the ****ing time, sometimes after not picking the game up for 2 weeks and every neighbor was new in the Gamecube game it took a while to get another villager and it was a big event. And while I hated when some of my favorite villagers left, I didn't like that I had the ability to choose in NL because that is part of the charm of the original game, life is bitter sweet and sometimes you lose things you like but in AC while you may get a neighbor you don't like you also get to meet others you might like more. I really hope there's an AC for the Wii U that can rekindle my love for the franchise.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Man, I'm generally unhappy with most of my villagers and I can't get any of them to leave. Luckily it isn't a make-or-break thing for me with Animal Crossing. The only villagers I really like are Cookie, Astrid, and Lucky [I currently have none of these] but I'm not all that concerned about getting them/keeping them. I'm just working on completing the fossil collection first and foremost.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #9
Peanut
Second Gear

I have to say that all these years later I'm still upset about my all-time favourite villager being cut after the GC game.

Godspeed, Twirp! You wonderful grouchy bastard! You bitter old loner,all alone on the hill in acre D-1. I miss you.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:42 AM   #10
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Haha, he's definitely a standout villager! I love Drago so much. That lazy personality really suits him. Man, I'd definitely quit if I lost Coco, she's my favorite, with Walt being a close second. Losing them would suuuuuuuck. I've pretty much had the same villagers since the beginning, so even the ones I like less are special to me. Bummed me out for a good long while when Rodney unexpectedly left. I miss that blue hamster.

My rooms are themed, but not rooted in pop culture. The main one is sort of a bedroom inspired by stuff I like, lots of purple, the bathroom is traditional Japanese, the attic is an arcade full of games & toys, the basement is a laboratory, got a 1950's diner styled kitchen in back, & a showroom where I keep trophies, villagers pics, rare items, etc. My museum is mostly for storage but I've got a Nintendo/Undersea room, as well as a Breaking Bad themed room.

I feel you on the planned village thing, but I recently wanted to rekindle the flame a little bit & started dedicating time to sprucing the place up. I actually really got into the groove of things & now I've got awesome gardens & themed portions of the town, as well as a stone path throughout. I really enjoy maintaining it all now, & growing gold roses/jacob's ladders feels great.
In the stage of the game I left it, my house was japanese themed mostly, but not exclusively. Main room was a living room with some Go games and oriental decoration. On the atic I had all the golden items, like an aztec temple. Left was the family antiques room, with the armor and sword collection, samurai and geisha mannequin and sort of things. Left was the bonsai room, with a bed and a workshop table for Mr. Miyagi and the tea wall decoration item (loved that item). Sometimes I choose Mr. Miyagi as my own mee to take some pictures =^_^=

For the bottom room I wanted something special, so the door was normally blocked by a japanese folding screen. If you were invited to my town I'd remove it so you could see the Power Rangers hideout, with all the space items customized in blue and the mannquins on all ranger costumes. This was actually the first room I considered finished, as I got all the items rom the space set and futuristic set, lots of computers and stuff. The 3D projector looked fantastic in the middle...

As you can see I put some energy on it, so when I started to loose villagers I knew the mechanics of the game would break my heart unless I exclusively played just AC, and I wasn't gonna do that.

I'll try to upload some pics if I find them on my DS so you can see.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

I have this guy in my village (been playing the game for three days now)...

I guess he's cool looking...

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I enjoyed playing New Leaf for a few months, but it got boring after that and I stopped playing.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #13
sdp
-

Well I read that this was the last month for the Animal Crossing Plaza and what was going to be a 4 minute visit ended up being a 40 minute visit posting on all my ex-neighbors I could find. I don't understand why the service is shutting down, its a neat and doesn't cost them anything since its just text messages like any other forum...I mean you'll still be able to access the plaza and view messages just not post..

It also reminded me how much I like some of the characters in the series, I almost want to re-start my 3DS game and want a spectacular Wii U version.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #14
Mellie
Foot Soldier

I played this so much when it first came out. Now I haven't touched it in months.
My favorite villager is Gruff-

I hope he didn't move out
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #15
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Yeah, I haven't touched it much lately myself, partly because of my nocturnal schedule not co-operating with the gameplay. But I figure once I'm ready to pick it back up I'll restart my town and turn the clock 12 hours behind or ahead so I can do all my daily stuff at night.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

Given how badly this game has messed my life up I don't even wanna think about another one coming for Wii-U, no matter how dope it seems.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #17
Peanut
Second Gear

I got back in when I got my new XL and I haven't missed more than a day so far. I play at least once every morning during my morning coffee at work and once or twice a week I'll maybe do some stuff at night. At least the scheduling in this game isn't as mean as the stuff they had you do in the Gamecube version. Waking up at like 6 am everyday in the summer for aerobics class or whatever. also

I'm happy with my town right now, cause I had two of the most annoying villagers finally move out - Rhonda and Twiggy. I disliked them based on their house placement, which totally screwed up my town layout. Stitches just moved in and he's awesome!

I'd die for a Wii U version, although I think it might be a bit too early for that.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #18
snake
Disgusting

I used to really play this game. Like 3 or 4 hours a day. I lost track eventually. I might start up again though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #19
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

I haven't really touched the game for a few weeks now but I could do with some 3DS friends in general: 1091-9920-6104
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:54 AM   #20
monsterocket
Random Punk

Why haven't they made this game for Wii U? It would be so good to play online with other people...
monsterocket is offline   Reply With Quote