The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mega Man 11

Coming to all next generation consoles. No more retro handjob stuff, though hardly revolutionary either. Skip to near the end of the video to see the gameplay footage.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Not a fan of the superfluous sound effects, especially the grunt after every powered shot. But overall, I think Number 11 looks Mighty nice! Thanks for sharing!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

People are saying it already looks better than Mighty No. 9... but I can't remember much about that game anyway.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
People are saying it already looks better than Mighty No. 9... but I can't remember much about that game anyway.
Anime fans are still crying on prom night.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Not a fan of the superfluous sound effects, especially the grunt after every powered shot. But overall, I think Number 11 looks Mighty nice! Thanks for sharing!
Agreed, how exciting!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Anime fans are still crying on prom night.
Haha, what?
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Haha, what?
It was one of the taglines for the Mighty number 9 game.

Ot, looks pretty fun but I do hope we get a new Legend game
Old 12-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Here's some official art of Megaman with one of his new powerups. Incredibly cool IMO!

Spoiler:

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Looks fairly good, better than MN9 and I am really happy it was not ****** MM2 retro-thing.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Game doesn't look that great, it looks no worse than Mighty No. 9, and I'm not trying to diss it, MN9 looks like an ok game, I don't understand all the hate it got, did people forget Mega Man is fairly simple to begin with?

I'm not a big fan of the SNES/PSX 7/8 mega man's I preferred the 9/10 NES style remakes, the blue bomber just didn't control how I'd like in those two games and this game seems to be having the same problem.

With that said I'm hyped, I don't expect this game to be amazing but it'll scratch my Mega Man itch. I can already see the reviews being mediocre and people complaining how Capcom hates Mega Man when there really isn't much they can do with the classic series anymore besides this.

I'm mostly wondering about the Legacy collections on Switch, if they include both collections in one game I'll definitely get it for Switch instead of just waiting for a sale on Steam. I wonder how the X Collections will work, hope they're not individual releases. I'm still bummed Mega Man & Bass and the other spin-offs aren't included in the legacy collections when they were included in the PS2 collections.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #11
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Looks fairly good, better than MN9 and I am really happy it was not ****** MM2 retro-thing.
I can agree with this. I enjoyed 9 and 10 a lot, but I reeeeeeally did not get everyone going apes*** over them. It was way, way too far a step backward. A step everyone apparently loved - so, I mean, what do I know anyway - but still. They didn't even keep basic changes from Mega Man 3, which in itself would probably still be a bit too far back.

It said a bit to me that 10 wasn't as praised as 9 was, when I thought it was the better game (or at least I liked it more of the two). The nostalgia hit had worn off by then and I think people had to take a bit better stock of everything.

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the SNES/PSX 7/8 mega man's
I like both of those games, but eight always did feel more like a weird detour than an actual evolution of the past seven, which is maybe why they let the classic series lie there for over a decade after it.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Game doesn't look that great, it looks no worse than Mighty No. 9, and I'm not trying to diss it, MN9 looks like an ok game, I don't understand all the hate it got, did people forget Mega Man is fairly simple to begin with?
Because MN9 played like crap and look like a generic flash game or low budget MegaMan clone (which it was).

I just never was big fan of MM2, my favorite of NES MegaMan games is MM3, so all this masturbating about MM2-style remakes made me feel disappointed.

MM7 and MM8 I really loved. As well as MegaMan & Bass on SNES.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
It said a bit to me that 10 wasn't as praised as 9 was, when I thought it was the better game (or at least I liked it more of the two). The nostalgia hit had worn off by then and I think people had to take a bit better stock of everything.
That's what the hipster nostalgiacs forget -- the thing about nostalgia? It wears off.

Quote:
I like both of those games, but eight always did feel more like a weird detour than an actual evolution of the past seven, which is maybe why they let the classic series lie there for over a decade after it.
I enjoyed 7 and 8... enough to play them for a couple of hours and then completely forget about them. It was less about them feeling not like a proper evolution of the NES ones and more by that point that I was just tired of fighting the same variation of water, fire, and metal villains leading up to yet another Dr. Wily fight. Those games never bothered to grow. Then for an encore? Capcom literally makes 9 and 10 in 8-bit graphics like the first bunch. I couldn't care less about those.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #14
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's what the hipster nostalgiacs forget -- the thing about nostalgia? It wears off.
Quote:
nos·tal·gia
näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/Submit
noun
a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
"I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my days in college"
synonyms: reminiscence, remembrance, recollection; More
something done or presented in order to evoke feelings of nostalgia.
"an evening of TV nostalgia"
Once the longing for the lost has been satisfied, you can't use the same appeal because the thing is already at the forefront of the mind.

I'm the type who rarely gets any game new, so maybe I get around to playing a game 3 or more years after release. That way, I can appreciate it on its merits instead of it being a shiny new/old? thing.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Mega Man 9 is MM2 re-done but it works because of that, it's a solid game and gave us more MM2 which is easily the best MM game ever made.

Mega Man 10 however didn't just do a new MM2, it continued where MM6 left off in terms of "let's do new things with this old and tired formula", so yeah 8 bit classic mega man was going the right direction.

I want to like 7/8 but they just feel off, classic mega man was not meant for other consoles, Mega Man X however work perfectly, the SNES/Playstation just needed a different Mega Man that wasn't the classic.

I'm still hyped for this game, I think it'll be fun, I do think an 8 bit game would likely be more solid but I'm fine with them changing things up. Like I said, this will get mediocre reviews and people will bash it but that won't be so much the fault of the game and more that classic Mega Man is just not up to what people expect from games in 2017.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #16
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I enjoyed 7 and 8... enough to play them for a couple of hours and then completely forget about them. It was less about them feeling not like a proper evolution of the NES ones and more by that point that I was just tired of fighting the same variation of water, fire, and metal villains leading up to yet another Dr. Wily fight. Those games never bothered to grow. Then for an encore? Capcom literally makes 9 and 10 in 8-bit graphics like the first bunch. I couldn't care less about those.
MegaMan in general not the series, that you play for innovation. It's probably one, if not the most conservative game series out there, which never strayed from it's core premise and gameplay.

I liked MegaMan 7 & 8 and felt like they were the proper evolution of the series. At least as far as visuals are concerned. NES games felt stale and repetitive after MM3.

Interestingly enough MMX had repeat the history of classic MegaMan - X2 and X3 felt like expansions for the first game, rather than new games. And X5 felt like expansion for X4. X6 felt like thing of its own, but not because of design, but because it was rushed. X7 was garbage and I haven't played long enough into X8.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:41 AM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

I personally would rather see the X series being revived. A game that combines the best of the first three Mega Man X games would be awesome.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:50 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I always thought they should have made a big Mega Man finale in Mega Man 9... and then be done with it and focus on making newer and better Mega Man X games.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:07 AM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I always thought they should have made a big Mega Man finale in Mega Man 9... and then be done with it and focus on making newer and better Mega Man X games.
As great as the original Mega Man series is, the X series is just better overall, imo. Although Mega Man 2 iss till my ultimate favourite Mega Man game. But X1 comes close.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:58 AM   #20
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I can't wait for this one, it has been so long since I played a Mega Man game.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote