Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Awww I liked Zach.
I want both back.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

To this day I have no idea what Carter's race was supposed to be. I think I made a thread about it here too a few years ago and nobody could figure it out either. If he was black then he was the first major black friend of the Turtles in the franchise history (since previous black characters like Baxter or Bebop are villains), but if he wasn't I suppose he was a mixed spanish race or something.

It's been 20+ years since 1995 and I still can't figure it out to this day. It's quite the conundrum.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To this day I have no idea what Carter's race was supposed to be. I think I made a thread about it here too a few years ago and nobody could figure it out either. If he was black then he was the first major black friend of the Turtles in the franchise history (since previous black characters like Baxter or Bebop are villains), but if he wasn't I suppose he was a mixed spanish race or something.

It's been 20+ years since 1995 and I still can't figure it out to this day. It's quite the conundrum.
You're trolling man. He is 100% black.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

1. Dark skin
  2. Dreads
  3. Full lips
  4. Black voice actor
How is this ambigious?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. Dark skin
  2. Dreads
  3. Full lips
  4. Black voice actor
How is this ambigious?
In the words of a great sage in the past:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...4&postcount=10

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Clearly that cameo was very memorable. lol

Thinking on it more now and looking online... I can't find a pic of it, but I think it's from the Chris Brandford cartoon where they're climbing those stairs and then the kid sidekick Lil' Rineo surprises him by being some villain in disguise. The villain, according to the wiki page, being the "yellow monster." Presumably the one that looked like Carter.

edit: Ah! Just found a pic.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=de

From http://de.tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Requiem (If you read German.)

I REALLY don't want his mutation back.

Also... Great, maybe it's just a coincidence, but 'Rise' Leo pretty much took those red marks from Carter.
It does look like Carter's mutant form, indeed!
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #27
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I kinda liked carter
I'd be cool if they brought him back
Old 06-30-2018, 05:49 AM   #28
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. Dark skin
  2. Dreads
  3. Full lips
  4. Black voice actor
How is this ambigious?
He said black or Spanish-mixed, and honestly, I could see that too. He didn't sound overly-black to me, and he seemed a bit lighter black in skin tone. So who really knows, but probably he was semi black. Still, it's easy to see the confusion.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:23 AM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

I don't think it matters, regardless. It wasn't ever brought up in the show and we don't even know what his last name was.

That being said, I've always seen him as black.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #30
sdp
-

Carter is ambiguously brown which was fairly popular in the 90s. That means the character may have characteristics of various "brown" cultures so you can't pinpoint him as one and it can represent all. I guess that's what they were aiming for. Randy from Godzilla The Series is another good example, he has dreads, looks black but has a hispanic last name and speaks bad spanish every other word and yet he acts more black than anything. You also have characters like T.Hawk from SF who is Mexican yet his look is completely native american. Why else would Carter also have his mutated form look native americanish?

Anywho, Carter has tons of potential, he was kinda boring in the red sky seasons but I'd love to see him come back with proper writing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #31
Xav
Foot Elite

I found an article calming he's "causican".

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/sho...ing-of-the-end
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #32
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Carter is ambiguously brown which was fairly popular in the 90s. That means the character may have characteristics of various "brown" cultures so you can't pinpoint him as one and it can represent all. I guess that's what they were aiming for. Randy from Godzilla The Series is another good example, he has dreads, looks black but has a hispanic last name and speaks bad spanish every other word and yet he acts more black than anything. You also have characters like T.Hawk from SF who is Mexican yet his look is completely native american. Why else would Carter also have his mutated form look native americanish?

Anywho, Carter has tons of potential, he was kinda boring in the red sky seasons but I'd love to see him come back with proper writing.
You do know Mexicans can be black or Native American right
Old 07-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #33
sdp
-

I think I know better than most here what a Mexican can look like. My point is Cubed is not being racist, these shows used to love putting ambiguously brown characters so it could represent more at the expense of the character even if you can find someone in that exact situation, it didn't seem like that's what they were going for. Eliza Maza is another example, weren't her parents black and native american as the show went on? Sure it can happen but they just kinda mixed things instead of giving us a definitive answer.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Maza was a case of a specific interracial background though. It was even gone into IN DETAIL in several episodes, how her mother was from Africa and her father was Native American. Her entire family ran the spectrum between the two, with brother who looked more black, and a sister who appeared more NA. Elisa was the "middle ground" sibling.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:14 PM   #35
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not particularly... As others have said, if they were looking to bring back an old character, I suppose there are worse, but he kind of annoyed me so if he must return then I hope something better would be done.

I dunno, maybe make him something like their 30-year-old neighbor who lives right next to one of the TMNT's main entrance/exit points and has come to know them. He could play some kind of role in their lives, important but subtle, without having to become obnoxiously involved.

I'd still love to see the TMNT gain some casual friends who remain outside the rest of the goings-on in their lives.

Yeah... there was something that resembled him, seen for just a moment. I think it was a character from one of the series the TMNT were watching?
Carter could even be combined with Mr. Braunze this way. Carter Braunze?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #36
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Bring back this guy!! Who was he anyway??

https://youtu.be/gEfsGImhVgQ?t=2m9s
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #37
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Bring back this guy!! Who was he anyway??
https://youtu.be/gEfsGImhVgQ?t=2m9s
Which guy? That one dude that looked like an alternate version of Walt, Zack's older brother in the cold lair with Michelangelo? Or the joint handing kid towards the end of the video?

As for Carter, I dunno about him. I mean, he was just there. Just another human for the Turtles & Splinter to interact with, but not much 'substance' was added to his character. If his personality was developed some more, then yes, I would like to see Carter again.

Otherwise, there wasn't much to know about Carter other than he trained with Splinter, doesn't like Lord Dregg, fought in a few fights before he went with Landor and Merrick for a cure, and he can morph into a Goro look-alike character minus two extra arms.

Feel free to let me know if I missed anything else.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #38
sdp
-

I wish the Turtle Tips were on DVD
Old 08-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

No.

He wasn't very popular, I think...because he was forced on david wise by a CBS exec...and it always felt to me like wise didn't know what to do with him, as they always had april be the human pin point.

I also feel like it became more the Carter show...having his name mentioned every 4 minutes to remind people he was the new character.

His motivations also where ALL OVER THE MAP. 'I'm part of the team!'...goes awol next two episodes. 'I wanna be a ninja!' focuses more on inventions. 'I love being a mutant!' this mutation is a curse....he was more annoying than zach the fifth turtle.

If they could work up a proper personality for him, and give him a job other than being the combined personality of all the turtles and splinter..maybe. but that's a big maybe.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #40
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
He wasn't very popular, I think...because he was forced on david wise by a CBS exec...and it always felt to me like wise didn't know what to do with him, as they always had april be the human pin point.
Yeah I remember David Wise saying in an interview Carter was a CBS exec creation, not his.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carter