The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 07:32 PM   #821
Turnstone
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This thread sucks now.

This might one of the first times I actually agree with Powder. Would it be wrong to just open up a complaining and fighting thread where people can go get their hostility out so they can rejoin a thread like this and stick to making it light and conversation worthy?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #822
predaking000
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Hell if your figure broke the day it arrived, you'd still be screwed if you didn't buy a second set. With an edition release that is this limited you'd be stymied right out of the gate. I mean sure neca might be able to send you a replacement if you asked nicely. But we all know how hard it was for them to fulfill that promise last time around.
Last year, both of my '17 sets had screwed-up Shredders. One had a misassembled helmet, and the other had two left feet.

NECA eventually got around to sending me replacement parts. A pain in the rear, though. Had to wait a few months.

Hopefully, the QC on the '18s is better.

As far as this thread, yeah, emotions have spilled out a bit, but things will settle down, and these arguments aren't even the worst I've seen lately on toy boards. It's all good.

The need to be "right" is strong in some people, even though nobody wins an Internet argument. I've learned to just let people have the last word. Otherwise, I look to be a bigger idiot than I already am for engaging in the first place.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-15-2018 at 10:13 PM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #823
DonnieLaForge
Hench Mutant

Just gets pretty annoying to see people hating on NECA, or making blanket statements about the intentions of forum members who did nothing wrong...over and over on every page.

Even Latin King was entitled to try his hand at getting 1-2 and doing what he ultimately wants with them. Prob not a good idea to talk about scalping on here on his part, but now the rest of us are supposed to feel bad about collecting, too?

Misery loves company I guess? If I missed out I would be posting "welp, I missed out, guess I will need a plan B" not having a crisis of identity and ethics.

Still I hope people who missed out understand they have not likely been shut or priced out of getting one just yet. Keep the faith and have patience.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:53 AM   #824
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This thread sucks now.
I picked a bad one to jump back in on, I just wanted to talk about the figures and all anyone else seems to be doing is complaint, fighting, and insulting...

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #825
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
I picked a bad one to jump back in on, I just wanted to talk about the figures and all anyone else seems to be doing is complaint, fighting, and insulting...
Welcome to the Technodrome..... we get along like you would expect people gathered in a technodrome get along. Think Beebop and Rocksteady from the TMNT animated series. Sometimes we are buds but most time we are mad at each other for being the dumber one.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #826
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
Last year, both of my '17 sets had screwed-up Shredders. One had a misassembled helmet, and the other had two left feet.

NECA eventually got around to sending me replacement parts. A pain in the rear, though. Had to wait a few months.

Hopefully, the QC on the '18s is better.

As far as this thread, yeah, emotions have spilled out a bit, but things will settle down, and these arguments aren't even the worst I've seen lately on toy boards. It's all good.

The need to be "right" is strong in some people, even though nobody wins an Internet argument. I've learned to just let people have the last word. Otherwise, I look to be a bigger idiot than I already am for engaging in the first place.
Just curious what NECA did to make it right with your Shredder, did you get a new head and a whole new figure for the Shredder with two left feet?

I got 3 new turtle heads which were better, and I had a foot soldier with a wonky head and they sent me a whole new figure. I hope QC is much improved this time around as well.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #827
predaking000
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
Just curious what NECA did to make it right with your Shredder, did you get a new head and a whole new figure for the Shredder with two left feet?

I got 3 new turtle heads which were better, and I had a foot soldier with a wonky head and they sent me a whole new figure. I hope QC is much improved this time around as well.
Yeah, they sent a whole new Shreddder figure, so I popped off the head to replace the head on one figure and used the rest of the body for the figure with two left feet.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #828
leolao
Random Punk

The cancelled orders will be back in stock at the website or not?
leolao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #829
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolao View Post
The cancelled orders will be back in stock at the website or not?
One would assume no since they only had the sale for 3 days. Stock will likely just be available now at SDCC.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #830
rh608
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Your self-righteous attitude is about as annoying as those who blatantly flaunted the rules. And I just want to be clear--my order is safe and so I'm not here to grind an axe.

Here's the problem. Their blog, which directed people to their dedicated website, had a complete list of pre-order FAQs. It didn't say, "For full rules, see our Facebook/Twitter/Instagram." So, for someone who looked only at their website, which is completely rational, there was no way of knowing that the diorama set and the regular set were considered one in the same. It's not an issue of laziness or "lack of drive" or an inability to read. Those are inflammatory and antagonistic characterizations, and you're ascribing them to honest people who made a good faith effort to follow the rules.

Your analogy about pissing in public doesn't even begin to apply. But try this: let's say you make a right turn on red and receive a ticket. You're confused because you don't see a sign saying that there's no right turn on red. The officer, however, says that he gave you the ticket anyway because a similar sign is posted in a different part of town. You'd be right to be confused, and if you challenged the ticket in court you'd probably win your appeal.

NECA's intent to crack down on scalpers is laudable, but to punish people who followed the very rules posted on their website is poor form, and it's their fault for publishing conflicting or ambiguous rules. I have no sympathy for people who tried making different accounts, or who openly exceeded the two per item limit. I do, however, feel bad for people who checked the official pre-order FAQs on NECA's website and are being punished for having done so.

Hahaha!! I'm laughing at you. I couldn't even get past the first sentence. And no need for me to. Whatever man! Enjoy life. This is absolutely NOT that serious. Not at all. Next . . .
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #831
rh608
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
The confusion was that NECA was selling two sets (regular and diorama) and the wording on the site, IIRC, stated two items per household. Some people interpreted the two sets to be two separate items. Hence, the cancellations.

As I stated above, I have no skin in the game, but just from the way the policy was worded on the site (barring the other media), I could see how it could be confusing. Also, as I mentioned above, I also agree that ordering more than two sets total is too much.

As far as "harsh"...Hey, I'm not gobbling up that many sets, but I could see how it would suck for someone who bought three to have a whole order cancelled, even though I totally agree with NECA. Being able to see things from multiple points of view and to empathize is a benefit towards functioning as a human being, not a limitation.

No need to get so wound up and emotional...conversation here had been pretty calm/civil, and will hopefully continue that way.

It's all good bud. I think we are kind of on the same page. You don't have my full comment quoted so I'm taking it that you and a few others may have missed the bottom part of my comment where I made it clear that comment shouldn't be taken as law or that serious. I was annoyed at all the fluff and folly I was reading everywhere that day and decided to voice my opinion for once. But there's no love or sleep lost here. I mean truly these are just toys. Not a super big deal for me. All is most certainly well.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #832
stcardinal
Random Punk

I am glad I was able to get a set because having perfect 7" representations of the 90s Henson Turtles is essentially a holy grail for me as a figure collector and a TMNT fan. I resisted the urge to get two sets because that's just not how I am. I would feel guilty scalping it or holding it hostage in storage. Nor do I ever plan on selling my personal set which will grow to have intrinsic value to me. While I am afraid I'll get a bum set (I've been badly burned by NECA before *cough*WB Superheroes*cough*), I also know NECA has had a track record of trying to do things right by customers and they have come through for me in the most dire situations. Thanks NECA!

You guys have no idea how prepared I tried to be to buy this set. I know many have shared their stories but I literally did dry runs the day before and morning of and timed myself like a pit crew to make sure I could order and checkout in under 2 minutes. I am not even going to regret saying that if anyone deserved a set, it was me because of how many times I practiced and meticulously prepared myself. I had ordered the Arcade set from NECA before and I don't recall it being that difficult, but I HAD TO GET THIS SET.

To my surprise, it sold out way too last the first day. I got caught in the "waiting queue" despite adding it to cart right at 10:00:08 when they first appeared in the product list page. At first I thought I was good but when I tried to submit my payment (the final step) it gave me an error saying it had sold out. I was totally dumbstruck and devastated. Instead of complaining about it and cussing NECA out, I did a postmortem (I think I know why, but I am not going to reveal my secrets ) on what went wrong and willed myself to be even faster the next day.

The next day came and I was able to order a set rather anti-climatically. I may have only been faster by 6 seconds, but I wasn't hit with any queue and the pages loaded and transacted normally as if I was the only one buying it. Just for fun I stuck around to see how fast they'd sell out and sure enough after 2 minutes both sets sold out. I think the added speed may have come from other collectors not trying to get the other exclusives because compared to day 1, those didn't sell out right away. The transaction actually went so smooth I almost didn't believe my order went through and even to this day (having already paid, and the money deducted from my bank account) I am still a bit paranoid my order didn't go through.

For fun I decided to attempt to place an "order" on the last day. I noticed the normal set actually sold out just as fast if not faster! I imagine those who missed out tried a bit harder this time around to acquire theirs. The Dio set hung around a minute longer and if I had gone ahead with my order I would have been able to buy 2 Dio sets by going through the entire shopping experience twice. People who wanted this set and missed out have nothing to complain about. But I feel for those who missed out on the normal set. The frustration is definitely warranted, because it boiled down to a race of not minutes or even seconds but milliseconds.

With that said, I am sure NECA will have another opportunity for people to order this online again, if not during NYCC maybe Black Friday.

Don't buy from scalpers. I think collectors who buy multiples to horder/trade/keep in box are just as bad as scalpers. But I also think a limit of 2 is fair. It's not NECA's fault. It's not the website's fault. I hope everyone that wants one can get one at retail price because this is an amazing set and I can't wait to get mine.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #833
Powder
Salami Origami

So many posts in a row from people without avatars! Get some pics so I can more easily tell ya's apart!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #834
Panther10
Foot Soldier

Quote:
So many posts in a row from people without avatars! Get some pics so I can more easily tell ya's apart!
Trying to discreetly put together a secret santa list, are we? It's okay you're secret is safe with me. I won't say a word...

I was able to buy this figure from Lunar Toys. They ended up getting a few more of the Special editions in stock so I grabbed one. So I'm no longer in the market for a First Gokin NT-01
Quote:
Congrats! Did you get the special edition with the chrome parts, or just the standard version?
Quote:
Says right there he got the special edition, mane.
Quote:
You're right! D'oh!
Panther10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #835
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Welcome to the Technodrome..... we get along like you would expect people gathered in a technodrome get along. Think Beebop and Rocksteady from the TMNT animated series. Sometimes we are buds but most time we are mad at each other for being the dumber one.
This is PERFECTLY ACCURATE!

I literally laughed so hard at this. When I first joined I didn't understand it either....but this....this is SO perfect.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #836
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Trying to discreetly put together a secret santa list, are we? It's okay you're secret is safe with me. I won't say a word...
You know what? We should do a secret santa thing this year! I can try and set it up. (there are websites that do most of it). I do the Reddit one and a few other secret santas on weird website forums and they can be fun. One of my sites some guy sent an entire completed engine block to a guy-we all had a good laugh over that one.
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #837
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
This is the best thing I've read in this thread... maybe the whole forum

As someone who got two diorama sets on the last day, I originally intended on one diorama and one of the regular sets... after two days of being unable to secure that I thought maybe if I just did two dioramas I could get my cart filled quicker and check out that much faster and thank God it worked.

I'm a one for play and one for display kind of collector, so in retrospect I'm kinda glad it worked out that way. Almost everything in my collection I have two of. My Mondo turtles, the 1/4 scale NECAs, last years SDCC 30th anniversary set, Robotechs, and Figuarts... but anyway, I don't know where I read the rules I read, but it certainly wasn't twitter because I'm not on Twitter and it was pretty clear to me the rules for buying multiple sets (that it was 2 of each the same, or one of each kind) I'm pretty sure it may have been Facebook. I'm not arguing the rules on the site may have been vague, but I didn't look there at the time and I had already seen the question asked many times on social media so I didn't need to. I am happy to see that they did screen the orders, but it does suck for those who may have misinterpreted the rules. My advice would be to ask the question if you weren't sure of the answer on that. Especially with limited releases like this... it's easy to predict that they would strictly enforce some sort of limitation policy and it's better to be safe than sorry.

In any case, I'm sure they didn't catch them all anyway. I'd guess more than likely blatant offenders with known store fronts or online retailers, ebay or otherwise.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #838
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Somebody on Twitter just dared them to make a SDCC exclusive Randy figure for next year. I'd buy that, anyone else?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #839
Powder
Salami Origami

Uh, hell no?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #840
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Somebody on Twitter just dared them to make a SDCC exclusive Randy figure for next year. I'd buy that, anyone else?
only if its in a two pack with Pixel Dan

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote