The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #1081
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Was Nintendo even in charge of the show? I don't think they were...

Kinda like how Laird isn't totally incharge of the new TMNT series, in a way. He owns it, yes, but dosen't have much say about what goes on.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #1082
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

I thought Laird had pretty much complete control over what goes on in the new show? :O
Old 04-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #1083
Peanut
Second Gear

I'm pretty sure Laird has a strict say in what goes on in the TMNT show, actually.

Anyways, what happened, TMB? Did they kill Falcon!?!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:43 AM   #1084
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I'll PM you the ending.

Nintendo's control of the series is what pissed me off. Shiggy himself had control of what was done with the scripts and characters changes and such. That's what pisses me off.

I do have a theory of how they could fix it though, but that depends on the next game....
Old 04-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #1085
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

lol, yeah, pry not the best comparison. in my defense, i've been gettin no more then 6 hours of sleep for the past week, and i worked a 9 hour shift, and i had to train some new guy tonight.

some Pokemon news for you guys... Coro Coro revealed three new Pokemon. included are a baby Sudoowoodo, a baby Mr. Mime, and an evolution to Sneasle.

It looks like they're just gonna work on filling out the old pokemons evolutions lines, instead of making tons of new ones, for Diamond/Pearl. I'll update this tommrow when I actuall have the motivation to go find their names.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:19 AM   #1086
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

I saw those too, they look really stupid if you ask me.

Like I said before, I wish they'd leave it at the first 251 Pokemon, but I understand that they need to come up with new ones to retain the 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' element...But what's the point of all those damn (Pre-)Evolutions?

And these new ones suffer from the same problem the Ruby/Sapphire ones had; they just haven't got the same charm as the first two generations did.

*Sigh* I know I'll buy the game anyway though...

Pictures are here for those who haven't seen them yet.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:27 AM   #1087
Peanut
Second Gear

Um...wow. I agree with you 120%, Mecha Cow. After the first two generations of Pokemon they really lost their charm. A lot of the new Pokemon even have a bunch of the same looks. It sucks.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:58 AM   #1088
Super Moderator

Pokémon was such a wonderful game back in its prime. That was the topic of discussion among all kids. "Hey, Dave, did you get them all yet?" I wish we could go back to the days of Red/Blue when the game didn't suck at all. This new stuff is getting ridiculous. It shouldn't be this way.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM   #1089
Peanut
Second Gear

Oh, man. The red/blue days were what it was all about. Sitting outside at recess trading pokemon. I remember my friend got Mew and we were all like "DAAAAMN!" and he wouldn't let us get one, so we all payed him $2 so we could have it. I actually wanted to "catch em' all" back in those days.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #1090
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
I wish we could go back to the days of Red/Blue when the game didn't suck at all. This new stuff is getting ridiculous.
The recent Red/Blue(Green) remakes for GBA were pretty good, though.

I remember actually catching them all in Blue back in the day. Even got Mew without cheating. I was so proud, but all I got was a stupid certificate.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #1091
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
Pokémon was such a wonderful game back in its prime. That was the topic of discussion among all kids. "Hey, Dave, did you get them all yet?" I wish we could go back to the days of Red/Blue when the game didn't suck at all. This new stuff is getting ridiculous. It shouldn't be this way.
You hear that Nintendo? MMORPG time!
Old 04-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #1092
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

It actually was Green that they remade. Blue and Yellow haven't been touched since they released in America.

Trivia : Our Pokemon sprites came from Japans Blue version, but our games were translated Red and Green. Blue was a 'special edition' with prettier sprites of sorts.

I like the idea of them fleshing out the old Pokemon a bit more, rather then creating totally new ones. I'd much rather have to catch less basics, and evolve them, then catch hundreds of basics and evolve some of them.

Egg hatching needs to be sped up too.

I'd also like to see them include a side game of the TCG with the online play. That would pw0n.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #1093
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Perhaps we'll hear something at E3 about Online Pokemon...
Old 04-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #1094
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Well, more sh*tty news. This week has sucked donkey nuts...

Seeing as the screwed up American dub of F-Zero Falcon Densetsu (GP Legend) courtsy our friends at 4Kids has been canned after 15 episodes due to fans watching the original instead, F-Zero Climax for GBA will not be released in America and NOA has decided to deny the fact that the game exists.

What does this mean? It means that American fans will not get a chance to play one of the greatest (and last) Mode 7 racers ever to be created. Believe me, the game was friggen fast. I don't know how the GBA handled it. It's an amazing game but sadly no one will get to enjoy it. Most hardcore fans imported the title when it first came out and didn't buy the American version (I did for 2 player). They also boycotted the anime because 4Kids raped it which gave NOA the excuse to not release it. Now I'm pissed again, but you can't blame Nintendo for not releasing it when it won't sell.

My guess, they're gonna release F-Zero on DS and go back to it's roots. Perhaps a little gritter/faster, give it online modes and give the series one more chance. If it dosen't sell....I hate to think about it.

Goddamn you 4Kids Entertainment. You're killing one of the greatest racing franchises ever.

Another problem, Wipeout Pure on PSP. It has "teh flashy graphics" and weapons. We all know that weapons would kill the skill behind F-Zero. The game has always been about a steady hand and couse memorization, but Wipeout is about "who can grab the missle, get behind the other guy and lock on first". Yet the casual gamers are lining up because of the graphics, Sony' sname and guns. Car combat is about cars ramming each other will skilled hits and percision control, not just locking on and fireing first.

Typical that the copycat title would begin to eclipse the original. There is no justice in this world. Dammit.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #1095
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Random Funny Post:
http://gorillamask.net/nintendochoir.shtml
Enjoy all you Nintendo Guys...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:24 AM   #1096
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

What a mockery of a classic video game theme song.

It was weird I thought.Did they say they created the song.I think Koji Kondo would beg to differ.

Since he wrote the theme to begin with.They also said they made the song origionally.This theme was copyrighted since 1984 actually.

Last edited by Demented Utrom; 04-16-2005 at 02:31 AM.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:13 AM   #1097
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
F-Zero Climax for GBA will not be released in America and NOA has decided to deny the fact that the game exists.
Maybe with a little luck they'll change the graphics and the name and release it at a later time. You never know. It seems kinda weird that they'd let a good game go to waste because it tied into a bad show.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:14 AM   #1098
Meeko
Hench Mutant

Dang More New Crappily Named Pokemon.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #1099
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

If it makes you feel better, TMB, the stores here are still incredibly over stocked with PSP games... I doubt they're selling very well (and, in the end, developers look at both the user base, which the DS has, and the game:console sale ratio, which again... the DS has).
Old 04-17-2005, 10:37 AM   #1100
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko
Dang More New Crappily Named Pokemon.
Meeko, those are the JAPANESE names... they always change them for release elsewhere. Example: Zenigame = Squirtle.