Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2023, 08:09 PM   #21
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Spoiler:

I was caught off guard by the 9/11 reference at the beginning. Given that Waltz is a veteran, I’m not surprised that he would remind people what a bunch of Islamic terrorists did to our country over twenty years ago, a subject wokies try to dodge or forget.

What the **** are you babbling about
Old 07-19-2023, 08:26 PM   #22
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
What the **** are you babbling about
I’m talking about the PC people like Ilhan Omar and the people at The New York Times who walk on eggshells when it comes to talking about 9/11, but all they end up doing is insult the families of the fallen. They cry about righties not wanting the history of slavery and racism to be taught in schools, but then they try to suppress or twist certain facts of the tragedy because it could be too “insensitive”
Old 07-20-2023, 12:48 AM   #23
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Spoiler:
Good special issue. Although they still haven’t shown Oroku Saki yet. Hopefully we will see him in the Lost Years #5.

I was caught off guard by the 9/11 reference at the beginning. Given that Waltz is a veteran, I’m not surprised that he would remind people what a bunch of Islamic terrorists did to our country over twenty years ago, a subject wokies try to dodge or forget.

Just saying, if this were written by anyone other than Waltz, Casey Marie would’ve had a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend at the end. Campbell probably would’ve made her gf chunky too.
“Wokies”? My god you sound like a hateful fool
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 01:00 AM   #24
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
“Wokies”? My god you sound like a hateful fool
Oh I’ve been called far worse things, like “c**t” and “r*tard”, by woke people, who, by the way, are among the most hateful fools in the world. And the worst thing a white dude in the South ever called me was “doll”.

And in regards to Lost Day, I really liked the fact that Waltz pointed out the dangers of a social credit system. Anyone who opposed Hiroto got punished financially, as they do in totalitarian countries

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 07-20-2023 at 01:16 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:51 AM   #25
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Comments don't assault people, people assault people.
Unfortunately the comments influence a percentage of people to take action against the perceived "ill" hence what did happen post 9/11. Islam terrorists, kill all the Muslims in revenge! Certainly assaults in New York went massively up based on the observations from a couple friends who worked there (one of them had left a job based in the Twin Towers literally a few months previously).
Old 07-20-2023, 08:50 AM   #26
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Let’s say a guy breaks into someone’s home, robs them, and finally murders them. The criminal happens to be black. Is me pointing out the criminal’s race calling for acts of revenge against all black people? Of course not. Maybe some racist redneck will use that excuse since he’s already looking for one, but people with common sense will know better than to take it out on the entire race.

A lot of prejudiced people took their anger out on Asians during the pandemic because of the origin of the virus. People took it out on Japanese-Americans during World War 2 because of Pearl Harbor. And yes, people took it out on Muslims and Arabs in the early 2000’s because of 9/11. Heck, people took it out on stingrays after Steve Irwin got killed by one; even animals aren’t safe. I can’t control what stupid people do. But I’m not gonna rewrite history to appease the pearl-clutching lefties, who won’t hesitate to stomp on one marginalized group to lift another in the name of intersectionality.

And the fact that you people are squawking, “You hate marginalized brown people and you’re hurting them with your words!” only proves my point that woke people hate facts that go against their “all-white-people-are-devils” narrative and will twists facts or outright censor them to be more PC.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:43 PM   #27
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

So how bout that Lost Day?
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 03:58 PM   #28
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
So how bout that Lost Day?
Good issue. Definitely adding it to the collection. If you didn’t like the new turtles before, you’ll surely like them now. They’re actually well-written characters IMO
Old 08-01-2023, 05:12 AM   #29
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

I like this sort've Batman beyond take on TMNT it's what I wish Fast Forward was. So far I'm down for The Last Ronin 2 when it's finally relased.

Tags
last ronin