The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2022, 07:40 PM   #81
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post

On a side note, If NECA recreates the entire Usagi comic book universe, I will be beyond ecstatic.
Same...

Until they give Usagi a red shirt!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:42 AM   #82
Ninjinister
無問題

I don't understand any of the thought process that even went into those recolors because like... they gave characters the wrong colors on interiors that had official color schemes on the covers.... that's dumb enough. But then they RECOLORED the covers. Then they went and recolored vol. 2, which was ALREADY in color.

Makes me super glad they went with someone not only competent but really good for Urban Legends.
Old 02-20-2022, 01:12 AM   #83
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
But only the blue (arguably the Mirage-"acurate") one was ever released.

My understanding is the yellow was to have been an homage to the cartoon, and the green to... the Turtles themselves?
Green April was likely an homage to the old Playmates toys. There was a green jumpsuit April that came with the Channel Six van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I don't understand any of the thought process that even went into those recolors because like... they gave characters the wrong colors on interiors that had official color schemes on the covers.... that's dumb enough. But then they RECOLORED the covers. Then they went and recolored vol. 2, which was ALREADY in color.

Makes me super glad they went with someone not only competent but really good for Urban Legends.
Yeah, real talk. This whole chain of mistakes with Mirage's colors is ridiculous. I'm not even a huge Renet fan in the first place, so if I'm gonna cop a figure (or reprinted comics), it's gotta be the right colors.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:23 AM   #84
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Green April was likely an homage to the old Playmates toys. There was a green jumpsuit April that came with the Channel Six van.
Well, that makes a lot more sense. Cheers for that. I'd had no idea.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:03 AM   #85
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Guys, this is NECA - they'll tell us they have no intention of releasing Renet in the correct colours, we'll buy this one,then 9 months later we'll get a corrected version. It's what they do.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #86
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Well, looks like Renet's colors weren't even mentioned in the Fwoosh interview.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:45 AM   #87
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

That’s always my problem when they do the fwoosh interviews is that they never ask the hard questions. Neither does Pixel Dan but I guess at least he gets his freebies out of it. Wish they would interview the Mad Hatter.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:48 AM   #88
AquaParade
Banned

The Last Ronin is opening the door to a whole line based on IDW, going by their hinting.
We’re already eating for the success of the book.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:23 PM   #89
Dask
Mad Scientist

After watching the following Fwooshcast, I have no hesitation in saying that it looks like the NECA proprietary sculptors have one-upped the original 4H designs in both presentation and vibrancy. We have representation from Mirage (e.g. Fugitoid, Renet, Casey), Archie (e.g. Slash, Ray Fillet...the expanding Mutanimals universe), and IDW (the Last Ronin). Fugitoid's box art is by Kevin Eastman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUABsiBEp1U
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:43 PM   #90
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The Last Ronin is opening the door to a whole line based on IDW, going by their hinting.
It would save me some cash that’s for sure. Outside of Last Ronin, have zero interest in the IDW figs.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #91
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

I'd be up for IDW figures if they looked like Ben Bates' art from the first Krang/Neutrino/Fugitoid arc.

Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #92
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
I'd be up for IDW figures if they looked like Ben Bates' art from the first Krang/Neutrino/Fugitoid arc.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg
I love this aesthetic. The Neutrinos (along with Usagi) were my childhood favorites --seeing them made in this grown-up, sophisticated style would really get me stoked.
Old 02-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #93
Dask
Mad Scientist

Has anyone noticed that both Ray Fillet expressions (smug and angry) are reminiscent to Burne Thompson?
Old 02-20-2022, 01:58 PM   #94
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
That’s always my problem when they do the fwoosh interviews is that they never ask the hard questions. Neither does Pixel Dan but I guess at least he gets his freebies out of it. Wish they would interview the Mad Hatter.
What HARD questions do you want asked? Gotcha journalism doesn't get interviews and just makes toy makers less likely to be open to questions and back and forth dialog and then we get NOTHING but bad corporate press releases like Hasbro/Mattel. You can always go to twitter and ask those hard questions yourself?

Who is the Mad Hatter? Does he work for some toy company, I have never heard of him? Just want to know why we would want someone to interview him.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #95
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a line for the book but damn, we will get these figures before the comic series actually ends lol.
Old 02-20-2022, 01:59 PM   #96
AquaParade
Banned

IDW has even less of a consistent style than Mirage, so it's hard to say.
I could see them going with Duncan's style, for setting the tone. Santalouco also comes to mind for being iconic. Maybe even Eastman's modern style.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 02:53 PM   #97
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Who is the Mad Hatter? Does he work for some toy company, I have never heard of him? Just want to know why we would want someone to interview him.

Mad Hatter Reviews is a rapidly growing new Toy Reviews Channel, mostly dedicated to TMNT as well as other properties (e.g. DC, Marvel, GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers etc.). It has a good mix of humor, previews/sneak peak, rants, and industry coverage)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeQ...gItqj2B-Px0a7g
Old 02-20-2022, 04:24 PM   #98
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Mad Hatter Reviews is a rapidly growing new Toy Reviews Channel, mostly dedicated to TMNT as well as other properties (e.g. DC, Marvel, GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers etc.). It has a good mix of humor, previews/sneak peak, rants, and industry coverage)

Ahh so Turnstone didn't mean Mad Hatter should be interviewed by other toy youtubers. He meant that person should interview Neca and others, got it.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:26 PM   #99
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
IDW has even less of a consistent style than Mirage, so it's hard to say.
I could see them going with Duncan's style, for setting the tone. Santalouco also comes to mind for being iconic. Maybe even Eastman's modern style.
I would def be down for figures based on either of those two. Duncan or Santalouco.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:56 PM   #100
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

This reads like an ad.