The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 613
TMNT #87 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:39 AM   #2
Igglet
Random Punk
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 26
Good Lord, Ch'rell is an absolute badass in this.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,427
I like the Cylon mohawk on Chrell's exosuit.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
He's been in the story for all of 3-4 pages and Ch'rell is already overshadowing Bishop. This should be fun!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
He's been in the story for all of 3-4 pages and Ch'rell is already overshadowing Bishop. This should be fun!
Well, Bishop hasn't had a chance to come out and play yet. As soon as his hands get dirty, though...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #6
Igglet
Random Punk
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Well, Bishop hasn't had a chance to come out and play yet. As soon as his hands get dirty, though...
He did absolutely wreck the Mutanimals in what was, in my opinion, one of the coolest moments in IDW TMNT. Though I guess he was using Slash and his lackeys to do that. We still haven't seen him actually get his hands dirty. But from the previews we've gotten for #87 and #88, it looks like that's about to change.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
He did absolutely wreck the Mutanimals in what was, in my opinion, one of the coolest moments in IDW TMNT. Though I guess he was using Slash and his lackeys to do that. We still haven't seen him actually get his hands dirty. But from the previews we've gotten for #87 and #88, it looks like that's about to change.
He did a pretty great job of kicking Ray's ass without using a mutant mind-slave. Just his own two flesh-and-blood... er, his own two hands?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #8
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
He did a pretty great job of kicking Ray's ass without using a mutant mind-slave. Just his own two flesh-and-blood... er, his own two hands?
Besting Ray is a far cry from besting all four Turtles at once, though. I'd like to see him kick as much ass as his 2003 cartoon counterpart, but we'll see how he does... So far I'm not very impressed.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Besting Ray is a far cry from besting all four Turtles at once, though. I'd like to see him kick as much ass as his 2003 cartoon counterpart, but we'll see how he does... So far I'm not very impressed.
Yeah, I think we'll see that in these next two issues.

I was just pointing out, Bishop has gotten his own hands dirty already.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #10
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Yeah, I think we'll see that in these next two issues.

I was just pointing out, Bishop has gotten his own hands dirty already.
Yep, indeed he has. But any of the current Mutanimals (sans Slash, obviously) is a "safe" opponent for one such as Bishop considering what we've seen of him so far. He's yet to go up against anyone who could pose a real challenge, and then his willingness to get his hands dirty might change drastically.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,282
In just those 3 pages I'm already far more interested in IDW's Ch'rell than I thought. I thought he might have felt too much like a rehash of Krang in this version (since IDW's Krang was serious and not silly), but Ch'rell seems just different enough so far not to feel like a re-tread.

As said I don't think Ch'rell can become Shredder in this incarnation, especially with the knowledge Shredder is coming back to life, so I do hope Ch'rell continues to go down a different path than feeling like Krang 2.0. So far in these 3 pages he seems very interesting and pissed, and he will most likely turn on the Utroms in the next story arc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #12
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
Can you imagine what it would've been like if Krang and Ch'rell had both been active at the same time? Every single effort made against them would've failed. Even if the Turtles and the Foot legit teamed up, there's just no way to overcome the two of them at once, with their mindset and firepower.

Actually, could we maybe get a What If?-style one-shot out of that concept, IDW?

Last edited by ChosenOne; 10-12-2018 at 03:17 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
Igglet
Random Punk
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Can you imagine what it would've been like if Krang and Ch'rell had both been active at the same time? Every single effort made against them would've failed. Even if the Turtles and the Foot legit teamed up, there's just no way to overcome the two of them at once, with their mindset and firepower.

Actually, could we maybe get a What If?-style one-shot out of that concept, IDW?
I'm not so sure. Ch'rell's a great strategist but he's just one man, or, well, Utrom. If the Foot and the Turtles teamed up, they'd still be way too outgunned.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #14
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I'm not so sure. Ch'rell's a great strategist but he's just one man, or, well, Utrom. If the Foot and the Turtles teamed up, they'd still be way too outgunned.
The Foot would've been wiped out in the Burnow battle if it hadn't been for the Turtles forcing Krang to retreat and then defeating him "behind the scenes". If you add another Utrom in a battle suit to guard the Technodrome, they'd all be dead. Don't forget Krang had an army of his own. Bebop and Rocksteady might tip the scales, but they wouldn't have been enough to keep the Technodrome from being activated, and then it's game over for Earth. The only one who could possibly constitute a spanner in the works was Stockman, but even then we saw how swiftly and easily Krang dealt with his betrayal.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
Igglet
Random Punk
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The Foot would've been wiped out in the Burnow battle if it hadn't been for the Turtles forcing Krang to retreat and then defeating him "behind the scenes". If you add another Utrom in a battle suit to guard the Technodrome, they'd all be dead. Don't forget Krang had an army of his own. Bebop and Rocksteady might tip the scales, but they wouldn't have been enough to keep the Technodrome from being activated, and then it's game over for Earth. The only one who could possibly constitute a spanner in the works was Stockman, but even then we saw how swiftly and easily Krang dealt with his betrayal.
The thing is, the reason why the Foot would've been wiped out in the Burnow battle was because the Turtles betrayed them. If Ch'rell was out and kicking, then you could certainly bet they would've taken a different approach.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #16
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
The thing is, the reason why the Foot would've been wiped out in the Burnow battle was because the Turtles betrayed them. If Ch'rell was out and kicking, then you could certainly bet they would've taken a different approach.
But each side still only had the forces they had. Infiltration wouldn't work, an Utrom isn't exactly a prime assassination target... They're all ninjas, so even if they allied for real, they would probably bank on a diversion all the same while the real attack comes from elsewhere, only this time there's no one to divert because one Utrom goes out to the front lines (wherever and however those take place) and the other stays behind to make sure everything goes smoothly with the Technodrome. There aren't that many options on how to approach the situation, nor did they have that much time to consider them.

Assuming everything happens mostly the same, with the exception of Ch'rell being there, the Hamato-Foot alliance is toast. Bebop and Rocksteady making too big a dent in Krang's forces? He sets Leatherhead free to stall them. Once the terraforming process begins, none of them can do anything about it anyway... I just don't see how it could work in the good guys' favor, which is half the fun in these kinds of stories.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Can you imagine what it would've been like if Krang and Ch'rell had both been active at the same time? Every single effort made against them would've failed. Even if the Turtles and the Foot legit teamed up, there's just no way to overcome the two of them at once, with their mindset and firepower.

Actually, could we maybe get a What If?-style one-shot out of that concept, IDW?
Oh man, I think they could have taken over the Earth long before the turtles even had a chance to exist.

But in the case that they did exist while they were operating together...it means that when Krang was on Neutrino, someone would have been staying behind on Burnow Island to protect the Utroms. Karai might not have been able to get the Ooze because Ch'rell was there.

Maybe when the invasion on Burnow happens, Ch'rell goes to stop Stockman and Honeycutt from shutting down the Technodrome, so Krang would be able to kill Shredder; and if he's in that absolute monster of a suit, the turtles might have some trouble taking him down.



The thing I think about is what if it was Ma'riell who stayed out of stasis.
__________________
Decent Ch'rell avatar pending: OCTOBER???

To my DeviantArt

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-12-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #18
Igglet
Random Punk
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
But each side still only had the forces they had. Infiltration wouldn't work, an Utrom isn't exactly a prime assassination target... They're all ninjas, so even if they allied for real, they would probably bank on a diversion all the same while the real attack comes from elsewhere, only this time there's no one to divert because one Utrom goes out to the front lines (wherever and however those take place) and the other stays behind to make sure everything goes smoothly with the Technodrome. There aren't that many options on how to approach the situation, nor did they have that much time to consider them.

Assuming everything happens mostly the same, with the exception of Ch'rell being there, the Hamato-Foot alliance is toast. Bebop and Rocksteady making too big a dent in Krang's forces? He sets Leatherhead free to stall them. Once the terraforming process begins, none of them can do anything about it anyway... I just don't see how it could work in the good guys' favor, which is half the fun in these kinds of stories.
Honestly, I'd say there's too many wildcards for us to tell. Would Clan Hamato and Foot Clan manage to work together successfully? Would Bebop and Rocksteady actually manage to make a dent in Krang's forces? Would Leatherhead turn against his captors? And then, of course, there's lots of convenient things that would certainly happen to turn the tides of battle.

It would certainly be an interesting battle.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #19
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The thing I think about is what if it was Ma'riell who stayed out of stasis.
Ma'riell screws Krang over to save the Earthlings, Ch'rell helps him slaughter them for the sake of New Utrominon. Funny how things work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Honestly, I'd say there's too many wildcards for us to tell. Would Clan Hamato and Foot Clan manage to work together successfully? Would Bebop and Rocksteady actually manage to make a dent in Krang's forces? Would Leatherhead turn against his captors? And then, of course, there's lots of convenient things that would certainly happen to turn the tides of battle.

It would certainly be an interesting battle.
I assume both Clans could certainly turn a temporary blind eye to their feud, considering what would be a stake, but it wouldn't 100% tension free. At least before they hit the field. Bebop and Rocksteady are their usual brand of chaos, they could certainly harm Krang's forces quite a bit, but the thing with Leatherhead is, he's guaranteed to turn on pretty much anyone. In my scenario, he'd just be set free without ever knowing why or who did it, and the first people he'd come across are the invading forces. There would probably be some words exchanged with B&R before he decides to pounce on them for whatever reason. Not exactly the most friendly of mutants, that one. And yeah, plenty of convenient ways and last minute trump cards. You'll notice I left out the Mutanimals, for instance... Maybe even Kitsune could intervene in the ninja alliance's favor... It would be interesting for sure!

Damn you, IDW, for putting out such a rich comic!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #20
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,505
Given Krang's mental state during the Utrom Empire mini, I actually think Krang would have taken advise from Ma'riell.

He originally intended to take over Earth using mutants, then changed his mind to the Technodrome.

Since Ma'riell was disappointed he had ended up like Quanin in the end, I think she may have been level-headed enough to convince him to find another way. Maybe she could have been able to manage both of them, just barely.


I think a large part of Krang's decision making was because there was no one he respected enough to reign him in. Ma'riell and Lorqa would have fit the bill (but Lorqa was probably a bit too old to have been an advisor and may not have lasted the full duration of the others in stasis).
Of course he would also have respected Ch'rell, but he would not have reigned him in.





I just realized this was the preview for the next issue! So I'm just gonna...
Wow, Ch'rell is processing everything a little better than I thought. Still pretty p*ssed off, but granted, with everything that's happened, it's better to take them at bits at a time by level of importance.
__________________
Decent Ch'rell avatar pending: OCTOBER???

To my DeviantArt

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-12-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.