The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #1041
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Yeah, but your right I don't think any team would want Hinrich's $10 mil. a year contract.
I still can't believe the Bulls got roped into that...

And now the Finals are set. Another Celt v Lakers. Not what I was hoping for but like the last time they met up, there's alot of star power here and I think it should be a pretty good series, going to at least 6 games. I hope Boston wins it all. I've always been a KG fan and hope it finally breaks loose.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #1042
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
I still can't believe the Bulls got roped into that...

And now the Finals are set. Another Celt v Lakers. Not what I was hoping for but like the last time they met up, there's alot of star power here and I think it should be a pretty good series, going to at least 6 games. I hope Boston wins it all. I've always been a KG fan and hope it finally breaks loose.
I still can't accept it's another LA/Boston finals. I don't even know if I'll watch but I likely will. It's like the AVP tagline: whoever wins we lose.

At least I have the Blackhawks.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #1043
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectocooler View Post
I still can't accept it's another LA/Boston finals. I don't even know if I'll watch but I likely will. It's like the AVP tagline: whoever wins we lose.

At least I have the Blackhawks.
Yeah, hopefully the Hawks can take 1 of 2 in Philadelphia and win it at home. It sucks though that games 3 and 4 are on Versus and not on NBC. As for the LA/Boston series I want LA to win.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #1044
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I have never been as upset about sports as I am tonight. Armando Gallarraga had a perfect game stolen from him tonight. As a lifelong Tigers fan I feel sick to my stomach. Perfect games are rare and Armando would've/is the 21st. I never thought I'd see a perfect game from a Tiger pitcher in my life, but for a split second I did.

We can all say it was perfect or MLB can overturn the call and make it perfect but it's not the same. There was no celebration at the end of the game with the team and the fans. This kids perfect moment as a big league pitcher was sh*t on.

If you saw Armando's locker room interview you saw nothing but class. I feel a bit silly being do distraught over this when the actual pitcher has already seemed t move on.

Just a bad situation all around. Terrible.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #1045
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Philadelphia Flyers

The Philadelphia Flyers won yesterday's Stanley Cup final game.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #1046
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
I have never been as upset about sports as I am tonight. Armando Gallarraga had a perfect game stolen from him tonight. As a lifelong Tigers fan I feel sick to my stomach. Perfect games are rare and Armando would've/is the 21st. I never thought I'd see a perfect game from a Tiger pitcher in my life, but for a split second I did.

We can all say it was perfect or MLB can overturn the call and make it perfect but it's not the same. There was no celebration at the end of the game with the team and the fans. This kids perfect moment as a big league pitcher was sh*t on.

If you saw Armando's locker room interview you saw nothing but class. I feel a bit silly being do distraught over this when the actual pitcher has already seemed t move on.

Just a bad situation all around. Terrible.
Dude, I completely feel you. It was SO obvious that the call was blown. Hopefully they rectify this but you're right, it's still not the same.

On a related note, isn't nuts how many perfect games we've had this year?!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #1047
tone-master21
Mad Scientist

I saw the play last night on ESPN.com and it was even close he was out . I also just heard that Bud Selig isn't going to reverse the call.

Quote:
On a related note, isn't nuts how many perfect games we've had this year?!
Yeah, that would have been 3 in less than a month.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #1048
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

After Galarraga's locker room interview and hearing the Jim Joyce tape it's really hard to be mad about the whole situation. I mean it's Galarraga's perfect game and he's not mad because he knows he threw one, his teams knows, the fans know, the country knows, and Bud Selig knows.

Also, Joyce denying the offer to take the day off this afternoon rather that umpire behind home plate officially won me over. He said he was "going to take what's coming to him.". Respect for that man.

I've seen people wondering that if Selig overturns this then where would you stop? Would you have to overturn other big calls from the last 30 years?

^^^These people are ridiculous. What happened was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Never again will anything happen like this. The umpire knows he messed up and Bud Selig admitted it too. So why not make it official? 99% of fans would be thrilled and it would up Selig's terrible reputation. Selig should just say "What happened last night was crazy. We all know that kid threw a perfect game, so in a one time deal and in the best interest of baseball I'm awarding Galarraga a perfect game."

Everyone involved handled this with the up most class. Galarraga deserves this and so does Jim Joyce. Let that man's mind rest easy. Don't make Joyce live the rest of his life being ridiculed and heckled as the "guy that stole the perfect game". Does Selig not care about his umpires? This is a no brainer but reports says Selig has already squashed the idea. Here's to him seeing the light.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #1049
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Looks like another good game tonight. Celts should be able to tie this one up. I'm thinking 7 games to decide this one.

And it's World Cup time!! I don't know as much about the sport as I'd like to but I always have fun watching the games (unlike hockey which I sort of find pretty comparable gameplay wise). I hope Landon can pull it off big time!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #1050
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Blackhawks got the Stanley Cup! Now if only the Cubs could win something...
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #1051
Overlord

2010 FIFA World Cup

The 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa begins today.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #1052
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate

Spain's everyone's favourite, but something tells me it's going to be Argentina this time.

And everyone should cheer for North Korea, for humanitarian reasons. Otherwise they all end up in concentration camps.

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #1053
discordiatookie
facehugger

well I was rooting last night for the US in the world cup. They didn't do half bad! And I was surprised to see a guy from Aberdeen coming on for them for the last ten minutes - he was born here, think it said American dad, Scottish mum or something. It woulda been amazing if he had scored - reckon I woulda got myself a USA shirt if that had happened. Anyhoo, i'm off to the pub to watch the second half of the Germany vs Australia game. Thing about my team (Scotland) not getting in, means I can watch the rest of it without worrying about who we can potentially be playing against. And my country's motto for this world cup? ABE - Anyone But England. Which they replied with SNP (which is scotland's main political party) - Scotland Not Playing. Oh the banter...

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #1054
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Spain's everyone's favourite, but something tells me it's going to be Argentina this time.

And everyone should cheer for North Korea, for humanitarian reasons. Otherwise they all end up in concentration camps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_FI...ld_Cup#Summary

And please ban those vuvuzelas.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 06-14-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #1055
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
And please ban those vuvuzelas.
I KNOW!! What a pain it is to listen to that crap ALL GAME LONG. Some really fantastic games and even though honestly at this point I sort of tune it out, it still needs to stop.

I was happy with the US surprising "victory". Wasn't expecting much and even if they lay an egg the rest of the way out, I'm happy!
And man, Germany is serious. They completely dominated.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #1056
Overlord

Radio

Quote:
I KNOW!! What a pain it is to listen to that crap ALL GAME LONG. Some really fantastic games and even though honestly at this point I sort of tune it out, it still needs to stop.

I was happy with the US surprising "victory". Wasn't expecting much and even if they lay an egg the rest of the way out, I'm happy!
And man, Germany is serious. They completely dominated.
I turn the sound off. I even tried with the radio, but it didn't help, the sound of vuvuzelas was still around. Sadly, I don't hear that the reporters say, but I hate vuvuzelas.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #1057
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Looks like the US is about to lay a fat egg here...
Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #1058
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Woohoo! The US are on to the next round! I gotta admit, I didn't they'd do it but man, what an exciting way to make it.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #1059
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Woohoo! The US are on to the next round! I gotta admit, I didn't they'd do it but man, what an exciting way to make it.
YES!! and on top of their seed at that! Who would have thought that they would beat England in their group. What I'm really excited about though is the Argentina Mexico game. I really hope Mexico gets the upset on the soccer Juggernaut that is Argentina.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #1060
ToTheNines
[sic]

I just realized that soccer would be pretty cool if they got rid of the off-sides rule...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote