The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #2261
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Good question, and the honest answer is: we haven't thought about it. Doesn't mean it won't be addressed at some point, but I don't have an answer for you at this time.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:44 PM   #2262
ajistheman
Foot Soldier

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask,
but i like what i have read of the idw comics, and i would like to start reading them...would you recommend buying the idw collections (1 to 6) and just wait for a new one of those to come out or just buy the series "volumes" and all the mini series in between.
I get that the collections will take longer to collect them all, but I believe they have them all in the correct order.....is it hard to figure out the volumes that I would need to order and read them in the correct order.

Sorry for the really novice question, I just need more turtles in my life and am a little overwhelmed the best way to begin.

thanks in advance

(anyone can answer my question
ajistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #2263
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The IDW Collections are a great place to start. Makes it easy to read the entire story. Then, when you've read all of them, you can check out the timeline on this website to see what you're missing and catch up to current quick.

Or you could just stick with the IDW Collections through the entire run, but I know i'd get impatient for the next volume.

Glad you're enjoying and thanks for asking!
Old 10-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #2264
AquaParade
Banned

Bobby, when Platinum Games decided to mimick the style of the IDW TMNT comic for their videogame, did they ask for much input from your team?

Has anything else, regarding multimedia entertainment come up or became a possibility?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #2265
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I had 0% to do with the game, so I don't think so. Maybe they asked Tom for some assets since he was more directly involved, but Nickelodeon already has the assets, so they likely just got art from them.

I haven't heard about any other media directly taking to us.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #2266
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Bobby, what do you think the chances are of IDW getting into direct-to-DVD animated films, like DC who seems to do quite a lot of them? I know DC is one of "the Big Two" and has a lot of resources at their disposal but maybe there's a chance that one or both of the TMNT/Batman crossovers could get adapted to video one day? I promise to buy at least ten copies to pass out to my friends!

Also, I know you may not be directly in charge of this, but by chance do you know if we'll be getting a preview for the first issue of the second TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover today? I'm super psyched and eager to get the first real look at what's in store for us
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #2267
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, how exactly are Kleve and Montuoro going to basically lie to Ma'riell's face about Krang's death when they show up without him? Especially when there were so many witnesses that she could rely on for backup if she thought something was fishy...which I think she would. Even cutting off communications with Neutrino would make her suspicious.

(And as much as I was hoping for Krang to properly reunite with his people, I am really looking forward to seeing how Ch'rell is going to handle the bad news. Bring on the rage! Especially since, by all logic, he should put all the blame on his own sister.)

I was going to ask another question, but I realized it might be better for Ronda Pattison than you.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-29-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #2268
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Bobby, what do you think the chances are of IDW getting into direct-to-DVD animated films, like DC who seems to do quite a lot of them? I know DC is one of "the Big Two" and has a lot of resources at their disposal but maybe there's a chance that one or both of the TMNT/Batman crossovers could get adapted to video one day? I promise to buy at least ten copies to pass out to my friends!

Also, I know you may not be directly in charge of this, but by chance do you know if we'll be getting a preview for the first issue of the second TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover today? I'm super psyched and eager to get the first real look at what's in store for us
Nothing has ever been discussed that I know of. In terms of us doing it, we don't have any direct experience with animation. I think it's less a matter of DC being big 2 than it is that they are owned by a company with a large animation division, so it makes sense there would be corporate synergy afoot in that way.

Preview for #1 of TMNT/GB 2 should be out now.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #2269
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So, how exactly are Kleve and Montuoro going to basically lie to Ma'riell's face about Krang's death when they show up without him? Especially when there were so many witnesses that she could rely on for backup if she thought something was fishy...which I think she would. Even cutting off communications with Neutrino would make her suspicious.

(And as much as I was hoping for Krang to properly reunite with his people, I am really looking forward to seeing how Ch'rell is going to handle the bad news. Bring on the rage! Especially since, by all logic, he should put all the blame on his own sister.)

I was going to ask another question, but I realized it might be better for Ronda Pattison than you.
There are some assumptions in your question there, but regardless the answer is: you'll have to read to find out!
Old 10-31-2017, 04:02 PM   #2270
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since its been established there's an afterlife in IDW TMNT, do you think it kind of "cheapens" character deaths if we now know they can continue to harass the Turtles or come up with evil schemes as ghosts from beyond the grave?

When a character dies or is done away with it gives a finality to the character, but knowing there's an afterlife kind of gives it "Dragonball Z" syndrome where all the evil villains can still exist in some form.

I remember in the Shredder micro from years ago there was some sort of rule that he had to kill his younger self, is that where assumingly his spirit is right now?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #2271
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes and no. I think it all depends on execution (pun intended?). If the story is interesting, it works. I think overall people are tired of "comic book deaths" and resurrections are tired. But then every once and awhile something like Bucky returning in Captain America happens and it actually works. So for me there's no hard and fast rules. But death should clearly matter, and have lasting affects, one way or another.

That's a good guess as to what Shredder is up to! But maybe his actions at the end of #50 changed his path. Who knows!
Old 10-31-2017, 05:26 PM   #2272
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
That's a good guess as to what Shredder is up to! But maybe his actions at the end of #50 changed his path. Who knows!

My theory is that it depends on what various characters think of afterlives, or what is appropriate for their characters.

Sure, things get a little messy with Darius, especially by how much it contrasts with what's been established with Saki and Shen - though their ideals are objectively more 16th century Japanese than Darius being from the 20th century.

I highly doubt Utrom concepts of the afterlife will be touched on, though that would be a really cool insight into their culture, so Krang might not get involved in that sense. As cool as it would be for him to "King Hamlet" at Ch'rell in his plotline, that probably isn't going to be thing. On the other hand, I can see how Krang's death could launch the conversation on how their beliefs about death works, and there could be a way for it to play into the plot. But again...likely not.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-31-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:51 AM   #2273
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Bobby, thank you very much for this small gift for all FW fans for the 30th anniversary!

Spoiler:

This one page looks better than all crossovers of Nickelodeon. I really hope that you will do a full comics with Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening in FW-Universe someday!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:18 AM   #2274
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
This one page looks better than all crossovers of Nickelodeon. I really hope that you will do a full comics with Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening in FW-Universe someday!
It looks great!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #2275
AquaParade
Banned

Okay, now I have to ask - Bobby, has the idea of a FW TMNT comic ever come up? Maybe with a slightly harder edge, such as the recent Power Rangers, Flinstone's, or Batman 66 books?

I mean, that art looks great.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #2276
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Okay, now I have to ask - Bobby, has the idea of a FW TMNT comic ever come up? Maybe with a slightly harder edge, such as the recent Power Rangers, Flinstone's, or Batman 66 books?

Yes! It would be great!! I fully support!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #2277
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Edit: I hope I don't sound too pushy, btw. I know you're here for questions, more than suggestions. My desire just slipped in a little.

Edit 2: Dur, I meant to edit original post, not make a new one.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #2278
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Hey Bobby I know it's not your department and all but what's happening with the IDW HC Volume 8 putting in issue 65 and skipping the earlier Universe issues and Bebop And Rocksteady's mini? Is Volume 9 be missing any of the ongoing issues in order for those to be implemented since they should be next on the timeline, or are you guys cutting them from the HC althogether? Really hope that's not the case since the HC have been close to perfect so far...
Old 11-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #2279
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A harder-edged FW would be awesome.

Especially in exploring who exactly banished Krang, what it took for them to get him in the first place, and why he was able to regain power so quickly even though he didn't have a "body".
Old 11-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #2280
Ninjinister
無問題

That Flintstones comic series was the s**t, man. I was super impressed.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz