The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #161
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
these look cool... don't like the pixels on the front of the shells though...

i guess i wont hold my breath for the OG neca turtles re-release...

bootlegs here i come!
Don't waste time on bootlegs. It's not worth it and you will get no investment return on them in future.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #162
imevilduckie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Don't waste time on bootlegs. It's not worth it and you will get no investment return on them in future.
It's worth it if that person will enjoy the figures. Maybe they just want it for display and not as an investment.
imevilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #163
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The bootlegs for the original NECA TMNT are great if you can get them for less than 100/set. I picked mine up for 80/set I think. Red team and color.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #164
Bruz
Random Punk

Quote:
Why don't more people get this? I mean, there's so many here that buy Playmates figures and keep them in business. If people would stop buying **** figures, we would get someone else who could do a better job. But so many cheap collectors buy crap figures then later complain about issues such as this.
You realize that the target audience for the Playmates toys are children, right? Adult collectors probably make up less than 1% of their buyers. I buy these for my 3 and 6 year old sons and they don't complain about missing paint apps.

And you're never going to get all the adult TMNT fan collectors to agree to stop buying the Playmates toys either, because collectors gonna collect.

I'm not pro-Playmates, just stating the obvious. As far as TMNT toys are concerned, I want nothing more than that NECA Mirage Shredder that was never released. If it was possible back then, then maybe it's still possible now that NECA's interest in TMNT seems to be renewed.
Bruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #165
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevilduckie View Post
It's worth it if that person will enjoy the figures. Maybe they just want it for display and not as an investment.
Ivr sold authentic NECA TMNT for $12 recently. People just need to be patient and get the real ones instead of being impulsive and helping out scammers.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #166
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruz View Post
You realize that the target audience for the Playmates toys are children, right? Adult collectors probably make up less than 1% of their buyers. I buy these for my 3 and 6 year old sons and they don't complain about missing paint apps.

And you're never going to get all the adult TMNT fan collectors to agree to stop buying the Playmates toys either, because collectors gonna collect.

I'm not pro-Playmates, just stating the obvious. As far as TMNT toys are concerned, I want nothing more than that NECA Mirage Shredder that was never released. If it was possible back then, then maybe it's still possible now that NECA's interest in TMNT seems to be renewed.
I get where you're coming from. I just feel that players is creating issue for adult collectors too. The more people but from them (collectors) the more likely adult collectors get screwed over and ither companies move on.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #167
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ivr sold authentic NECA TMNT for $12 recently. People just need to be patient and get the real ones instead of being impulsive and helping out scammers.
If you truly are selling genuine NECA TMNT turtles for $12 I will buy 10 sets from you.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:46 PM   #168
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
This is what I'm hoping for. But I'm pretty sure they were only available in the US which doesn't really help me in Australia. I've resigned myself to getting the 1:4 scale NECA movie figures, because I HAVE to have Henson figures. Yes they're expensive, but I HAVE to have them.

That's what bugs me about the people spewing vitriol at NECA over this release. If you HAVE to have them you will go to the con and get them, or resign yourself to paying after-market prices. If you want cheap, exclusive figures you are simply deluded. This isn't NECA's bread and butter, it's a passion project. They aren't shooting themselves in the foot or making a bad business move. They are bending over backwards to get SOMETHING into the hands of fans that Playmates have failed to deliver in decades of merchandising.

Full props to NECA. Awesome company. I hope they keep finding novel ways to get the fans what we've always wanted. For those who proclaim to be fans but don't want to meet NECA half way, enjoy your Playmates toys.
you can't just "go to the CON" it doesn't work like that
Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 PM   #169
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Found a friend of a friend that is going to SDCC. Paypaled them for tomorrow's preorder and they will pick me up for me.

Luckily this was pretty simple for me and for that I am thankful. No complaints.

However I was prepared to purchase them on the secondary market if this connection didn't pan out.
Con price works out to be $25 per figure. They will probably go for double on eBay after the con and once competition sets in which is $50 a figure. Still cheaper than Figuarts.

Since the con is going to be the only venue for NECA TMNT moving forward, well I'll be attending the con next year. It's a bucket list thing for my anyway and getting to meet Randy and see one of the best booths at SDCC is just a bonus.

And no, I am not made of money (read, no Prime 1 or Sideshow products in my house).
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:35 AM   #170
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
you can't just "go to the CON" it doesn't work like that
Oh I know... San Diego is a long way from rural Queensland. Hence the alternative, resign yourself to paying secondary-market prices. If you HAVE to have them that is.

NECA doesn't owe us anything. This was their only means of getting these into the hands of the collectors. If you want 'em, you'll make it happen. If you can't make it happen, you don't really want 'em. Yes, ebay prices will be expensive, but hardly impossible to manage. Certainly cheaper than a return flight to San Diego.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:38 AM   #171
Mew
Banned

Neca should make versions of the Nick TMNT, like better than the Revoltech.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:24 AM   #172
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Oh I know... San Diego is a long way from rural Queensland. Hence the alternative, resign yourself to paying secondary-market prices. If you HAVE to have them that is.

NECA doesn't owe us anything. This was their only means of getting these into the hands of the collectors. If you want 'em, you'll make it happen. If you can't make it happen, you don't really want 'em. Yes, ebay prices will be expensive, but hardly impossible to manage. Certainly cheaper than a return flight to San Diego.
Nah, it's more like the con sold out months ago - Even if you had the money to fly to San Diego, you're not getting into the con at this point.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:14 AM   #173
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Heaven forbid they make them 5" or 8" so they can get them to everyone.
I'm kinda over these already anyway. If I find a loose Donnie, I might get him eventually.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #174
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Nah, it's more like the con sold out months ago - Even if you had the money to fly to San Diego, you're not getting into the con at this point.
Plan B then.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #175
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I'm kinda over these already anyway. If I find a loose Donnie, I might get him eventually.
Plan B too... then?
Old 05-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #176
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you people to understand that Playmates is the one preventing them from doing so?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #177
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It'd be odd if they were bigger or smaller because they wouldn't fit in with Necas pixelated figures.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #178
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Exactly. Then we'd have people bitching that they're too big/small to fit in with their collections. These are the right size to fit in with the existing NECA TMNT figures.

I've already resigned myself to never getting the Foot pack (not too bothered about the Turtles themselves, I've got enough great versions of them). I'd love to have 2 - 1 to keep mint (which I NEVER do with toys normally) and the other set to repaint Mirage style. Then again, I'd need way more than 3 Foot Soldiers - 3 dozen should do...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #179
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
That would still fall under Playmates embargo, and make them grossly out of scale for NECA figures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #180
nellyp
Stone Warrior

It would be interesting to know what exactly is the terms of playmates master licence. Clearly they don't want to have Neca's stuff side by side with theirs in the TMNT aisles of toys r us. There would be a night and day difference in quality there, but to not have them at other stores like comic shops etc seems a bit overkill.

As mentioned the Nick stuff Playmates puts out is not your typical collector stuff for adults. They have the new secret of the ooze figures now to give the collector market another go but Neca is more in tune with that market.

I think if playmates wanted to have a stranglehold on the kids toy market that would be fine but they should allow for more competition in the collector space since they are more focused on bottom line and profitability than putting out a high end product. If the secret of the ooze figures don't sell as well as intended they will probably abandon the line again anyway.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote