The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: A moment of silence for Hamato Yoshi
Looks like Shredder has given up on Karai ever seeing him as a father again 4 6.78%
Rockwell: (sarcastically) Egad, I could barely defend myself 4 6.78%
Mikey: My dudes, my bros, my Turts...it's that time again. Our series is winding down 7 11.86%
Splinter: Leadership doesn't come from your head, it comes from your heart 8 13.56%
Splinter...T.T 14 23.73%
Casey: (Flips garbage truck lever) Oops 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #101
Mini-Turtle
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Well I FINALLY got to watch it thanks to Redworld96 putting it on his tumblr. My god what an episode this is the first Cartoon that brought me to tears. I loved the Nod to the 1990 movie ending with Casey.

Shame on all the Cartoon sites for not having this up yet.
Putting it on HER tumblr.

"My sweet little turtle tush! Ow! Owie! Ow!"
Mini-Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #102
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Don't know if it was an effect of the super mutagen but YO...Character development for Shredder!

Can't remember the last time I saw a villain actually progress as a character, not necessarily turn good but actually develop his malicious dissonance from the world. (Maybe Zaheer from The Legend of Korra)

The fact that he no longer has any earthly attachments makes him THAT much more intimidating!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #103
CrazyNinjaGirl
Mouser

I say this episode does hit the feels really hard but it is kind of ruined by the fact that this is Splinter death number 4. 1st The Invasion Thrown in drainpipe 2nd Killed by shredder before earth was destroyed 3rd was Darkest Plight. Even though 1 & 3 were fakeouts they still played the "Splinter is dead" card, so it kind of takes away from this episode. If the "Splinter is dead" card wasn't so overused I would be bawling my eyes out right now but it kind of takes away from the moment. But it is still a heartbreaking scene that hit me in the feels and is one of the darkest and saddest things I've seen on a kids cartoon.

Last edited by CrazyNinjaGirl; 02-19-2017 at 08:32 PM.
CrazyNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are people really being serious when they said they got emotional over Splinter dying? It's sad and all, but after seeing Splinter almost die like 3 times before in this series, seeing it happen yet again even if it was for real this time didn't have as much impact.

I was honestly more shocked when it happened in the Season 3 finale than now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #105
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are people really being serious when they said they got emotional over Splinter dying? It's sad and all, but after seeing Splinter almost die like 3 times before in this series, seeing it happen yet again even if it was for real this time didn't have as much impact.

I was honestly more shocked when it happened in the Season 3 finale than now.
At this point, it's like the poor old master has become the "Jean Grey/Phoenix" of the franchise. I look forward to the inevitable Ghost/Spirit Splinter in Season 5.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #106
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Those other times were a little emotional, but weren't as bad since we knew it was unlikely to be permanent. Different this time since we know it's for real... (Doesn't help either if you've already lost a parent too soon yourself and can sympathize with the Turtles.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #107
CrazyNinjaGirl
Mouser

So did we actually kill him or are we gonna find some magic crud or Renet.
CrazyNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #108
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know what happens in the next episode, but I assume he's gone for good this time.

But yeah, get ready for ghost Splinter ala Yoda and Obi-wan in Season 5. They'll probably do what Movie 1 did too and he'll appear in a campfire.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #109
ABrown
Banned

Unbelievable Nickelodeon. This is seriously the way that they perceive the TMNT franchise: as having been created by Fred Wolf. Having the battle on top of the "Wolf" building.

I do have to admit though, this was probably the best produced episode of the entire series. Before this episode I was ready to be upset that they actually went through with killing Splinter AGAIN. But the episode made it work.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #110
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
and he'll appear in a campfire.
Already did it.

But if he can do that then I guess the ghost Splinter isn't too far out of question. Esp as they've already established the existence of ghosts with that one that was trapped in that dagger (and Donnie chucked into the ocean).
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Unbelievable Nickelodeon. This is seriously the way that they perceive the TMNT franchise: as having been created by Fred Wolf. Having the battle on top of the "Wolf" building.

LOL, what? The "Wolf" on the building has nothing to do with Fred Wolf. Stop reaching for things.

If anything the building is more of a nod to the rooftop battles in Mirage #1 and the 1990 movie when they fought Shredder.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #112
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I still say blowing up the planet that other time took away any credibility of splinter dying for good.

And though the WOLF building is a callback to the FW series, remember it's also the first place they fought the Shredder in season 1.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #113
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
I don't know what happens in the next episode, but I assume he's gone for good this time.

But yeah, get ready for ghost Splinter ala Yoda and Obi-wan in Season 5. They'll probably do what Movie 1 did too and he'll appear in a campfire.
They already did Splinter appearing in the camp fire ala movie 1. It was done during the vision quest episode.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #114
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Geez, talk about brutal.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #115
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Definitely my favorite episode of this version of the show, my only complaint is that splinter wasn't killed off sooner....not saying that I hate splinter, I have nothing against him as a character, just that I've been waiting/hoping for a version that completely goes off their experiences and trials on their own

The episode itself was still nicely done and like the amount of emotion in it even though it didn't feel as emotional as it could've been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I still say blowing up the planet that other time took away any credibility of splinter dying for good.

And though the WOLF building is a callback to the FW series, remember it's also the first place they fought the Shredder in season 1.
I actually consider it of how super shredder is acting like a lone wolf with how he cut all his "earthly" ties than as a nod to the 80s show
Old 02-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #116
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
that poll needs to add the selection option- "Splinter's dead? here we go again!"
Old 02-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #117
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
that poll needs to add the selection option- "Splinter's dead? here we go again!"
Watch next week's episode and you will see why I didn't add that option.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #118
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
There's no Fugitoid tho soooo....

That'll be like complaining if Buckbeak died after Prisoner of Azkaban when all the Time Turners are destroyed.

Splinter dead for real this time.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #119
Hero
British Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah i've mentioned it.

Yeah I was surprised that nothing got cut of this episode. In Tale of Tiger Claw they cut bits out of Splinter's Drunken Master Lesson but didn't cut out Tiger Claws arm getting cut off. Our censors are strange
Strange indeed.

I'm chuffed the finale is airing is a little earlier here. I think it has been since "Parasitica" in season 1 an episode has aired in the UK first.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:12 AM   #120
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I also broke down in tears after I heard Mikey call Splinter, Papa. Though admittedly I have always thought that Donnie would use Papa as a way of calling Splinter father while Mikey I could see using "daddy".
Donnie is the only turtle who has not referred to Splinter as his father as of yet. It's always been Sensei or Master. Perhaps there will be a moment coming up in the new season though I don't see him using the father honorific. Perhaps he might use Tousan instead.