The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #21
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

that is beautiful...may have to be an irresponsible adult for these

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #22
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior

Earlier USA Today and ToyArk were reporting that one of the included accessories was an alternate blue mask which led me to believe the masks were somehow interchangeable.

Then Toybox stated that it was an alternate head for the blue mask.

Now the MondoTees site is saying that you have a choice of the blue mask or red mask which makes it sound like an either-or-not-both situation:
"Standing approximately 11 inches in height, and featuring 25+ points of articulation, Leonardo includes interchangeable hands, multiple accessories, and a choice of the classic red mask from the comics, or the famous blue mask from the cartoon series!"

If you "View Image" on the ToyArk site and zoom in, it does appear as though the mask could possibly be removable.
Link to large pic here.

Eager to find out the real deal.

Last edited by Metalhead 2.0; 07-01-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #23
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I stumbled across this figure on twitter and love the way it looks! Definitely similar to the Neca figs but it's got enough uniqueness to satisfy me. $100 or under and I'll buy all four turtles!

Would love to have a Shredder too as others have mentioned. Be nice having a high end line, especially when it's based off of the Mirage designs.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #24
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

I like! But dont have the room. Wish they were 6"...
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #25
vaizardv
Thug

based on the shipping rates they charged us for the first turtles, even if the figs are $100, we would end up paying $50 for shipping each!
vaizardv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #26
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I really want this, I hope we see more, and hopefully the other 3 bros!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #27
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Its nice. Overall I'm satisfied with the Playmates statues at this scale and representation of the turtles.

Depending on price, one thing Id consider buying this for would be to build a wall display and recreate the first cover

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #28
Commenter 42
Banned

This is a must have.

Would be cool if they went with their actual heights (10 inch figure instead of 11).

I prefer 1/6th scale. Hope they go the distance on this.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #29
Chris
Mad Scientist

So glad I didn't pull the trigger on the TreeZero movie versions as these are almost definitely must haves! The only thing that makes me nervous is the Mondo mark up, personally I don't think these should cost as much as Hot Toys traditionally do in this scale but I'm fearful they will. At $100 I'd be in for the long haul, TMNT, allies, enemies, the works. At the current Hot Toys toys pricing of $200 a piece I may have to reconsider getting any. I'd love to think at that price I'd jut get Leo but I know if I get 1 Turtle I'll get them all and if that's an $800 commitment (plus shipping and all the related import costs to the UK) I'm not sure I could justify it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #30
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #31
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So glad I didn't pull the trigger on the TreeZero movie versions as these are almost definitely must haves! The only thing that makes me nervous is the Mondo mark up, personally I don't think these should cost as much as Hot Toys traditionally do in this scale but I'm fearful they will. At $100 I'd be in for the long haul, TMNT, allies, enemies, the works. At the current Hot Toys toys pricing of $200 a piece I may have to reconsider getting any. I'd love to think at that price I'd jut get Leo but I know if I get 1 Turtle I'll get them all and if that's an $800 commitment (plus shipping and all the related import costs to the UK) I'm not sure I could justify it.
Well some of the HT are $200 but some have reached much higher. Just as a quick example the Marty McFly was $250. The prices all around the 1:6 scale have increased.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #32
Mew
Banned

I NEED THIS. Looks so freakin good.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #33
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Well some of the HT are $200 but some have reached much higher. Just as a quick example the Marty McFly was $250. The prices all around the 1:6 scale have increased.
Yeah, I was just using it as a base line. 1/6 prices have gone crazy over the last few years. The problem is most companies now are charging Hot Toys prices but haven't reached the same level of quality (case in point I love Sideshow but their DC line Superman cost more than Hot Toys MOS Superman and their X-Wing Luke was only just cheaper than HT's Chewbacca!)

I'm hoping these will be less as they look to be fully sculpted/all plastic, there's doesn't look to be any material parts (like belt and bandana). It works fine for the guys themselves but I'll be interested to see how it looks when they get to the human characters in this scale.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:58 PM   #34
Redemption
Stone Warrior

Are they up for preorder yet?
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #35
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yeah, I was just using it as a base line. 1/6 prices have gone crazy over the last few years. The problem is most companies now are charging Hot Toys prices but haven't reached the same level of quality (case in point I love Sideshow but their DC line Superman cost more than Hot Toys MOS Superman and their X-Wing Luke was only just cheaper than HT's Chewbacca!)

I'm hoping these will be less as they look to be fully sculpted/all plastic, there's doesn't look to be any material parts (like belt and bandana). It works fine for the guys themselves but I'll be interested to see how it looks when they get to the human characters in this scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Are they up for preorder yet?
Yup that's for sure. Sideshow for sure doesn't match the HT quality. Snake Plisskin proves that to me as well as some upcoming figures from them I'm worried about.

No preorder yet... I'd expect right after SDCC

Check out my collection!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #36
cloud
Stone Warrior

I'm guessing the "one sixth" scale decision has something to do with Playmates having the master license of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:05 AM   #37
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

It looks ace, but I don't think I'll be able to swallow the cost. I would have bought the First Turtle, but it cost way too much to ship to me. Maybe...
Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 AM   #38
DVD
Mad Scientist

This looks as good as, maybe even better than Neca. I like the 1:6 scale and look forward to a set being released ,
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #39
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

It depends if the sculpts are different for me.....maybe I'll get one.....but I'm pretty happy with my sideshow statues being my main display.

I would say if you don't have the sideshow or playmates statues go for these if you can...they will most likely go up in value over the years
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #40
NeutrinoStylist
Random Punk

This is exactly the Leonardo I've always wanted, complete with the chest straps and slightly less pronounced beak. The interchangeable masks/heads are the icing on the cake.

While I do wish it were in six inch scale, I'm going to have to figure out how to get at least the Leo.
NeutrinoStylist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt