The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #21
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeeeeahhh... He's WAY too big & overly detailed. Not to mention, given the position of his stance, he's even taller than that photo suggests. If he were shoulder to shoulder with that Krang it'd be an even greater difference in height. Gonna look totally weird with Bebop & Rocksteady, especially. The top of his helmet should be under Krang's shoulderpads, for a start. & I personally think pointed shoes should be a big "no-no".

http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-con...edderkrang.jpg
Holy crap- didnt notice the shoes before. Thats silly.
  • Correct the height. Should be at least 2 heads shorter than NT-01
  • Ditch the shoe covers
  • Smooth out the pants
  • Minimize detail level of chest- MAYBE some abs but for the love of god NOT that silly cyber look
  • You can keep those weapons.

Last edited by Coro; 09-27-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #22
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Yeh the new photo just confirms my main problems with it - he's around 1"-1.5" too big (i.e. for Classic Collection scale) and his torso/legs are too detailed (too far away from the cartoon look).

Also if they're giving us an extra helmet on the weapon stand, can't we get a more cartoon accurate version with smaller/rounder tripoints? Unless the weapon stand helmet isn't removeable, which would be even more pointless.

Here's some quick mockups I made showing the approximate current scale to the classic collection turtles, and an 85% scale version which I feel looks much better:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg scale.jpg (48.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 85percent.jpg (42.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by theassassin; 09-27-2015 at 03:46 AM.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:51 AM   #23
grizzlyaddams
Foot Soldier

I get what you all are saying but I like how the proposed NT-02 design matches the NT-01. Neither were really made to be show accurate, like is being asked.

The NT-01 was a real surprise treat. I saw the prototype image and thought it was a custom, tbh. Months later it was suddenly available for pre-order and everyone was overjoyed.

Now they are being gracious enough to share their designs and early looks, knowing we are anticipating a release, and while some people are being constructive, others are being sort of rude.

I understand that the feedback could result in a product more people (or at least more people here) would buy, but I hope it doesn't discourage them from future productions and community involvement.

My TMNT Toy Collection

[WTB] MOC Gatekeeper Rocksteady Please PM!
grizzlyaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:31 AM   #24
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Here's some pictures I took with TMNTC Leo, NECA LEo and Revoltech Leo. In comparison with a Marvel Legends Deadpool (6"), MOTUC He-Man (7") and ThunderCats Classics Tygra (8")

Spoiler:

Personally, I think a Shredder figure on the height off a MOTUC figure would have been a nice "fit-all" size, maybe a tad bigger for good measure. Not overly too big for the Revoltechs, but not shorter then the TMNTCs.

Cause, It's okay with Krang/Cerebral to be giant sized, I think it fits him a lot better, and is in line with the vintage large Krang figure.
Spoiler:
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:12 AM   #25
theassassin
Foot Soldier

The current Shredder prototype looks about 9" to me, bearing in mind in the latest picture his feet are not in line with Krang's feet.

For the Classic Collection scale, Shredder needs to be around 7.5"-8". And for any other scale it would need to be even smaller.

First Gokin should be aware that the current size of this Shredder is not correctly scaled to ANY available Turtles figures. OK, it's not officially supposed to be Shredder, and OK this is a different company and different line. But the fact is MOST potential buyers of this figure will want it to fit with some existing Turtles figures.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #26
grizzlyaddams
Foot Soldier

Then I guess First Gokin will have to make the Turtles in a similar scale!

My TMNT Toy Collection

[WTB] MOC Gatekeeper Rocksteady Please PM!
grizzlyaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #27
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

So NYCC started today, has anyone seen the preview figure that was talked about? I know LunarToyStore said it would be on display this week
Old 10-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

There's some pictures off him here, as well as the other 1/6th figures.
http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2015/10/08...okin-shredder/
Old 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #29
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

from the link Candy Kappa gave
Old 10-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
http://i59.tinypic.com/mlsho7.jpg from the link Candy Kappa gave
Those are 1/6th scaled though. But yeah, taking those in account, measured with the robot between the turtles and Shredder. Shredder still looks really big... Although some companies do make the prototype bigger.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #31
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
http://i59.tinypic.com/mlsho7.jpg from the link Candy Kappa gave
The head sculpts remind me of 2003 turtles.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #32
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

damn those are cool looking turtles, just wish they were 1:12 size and I wonder who will get that trench coat and fedora, I hope Donatello or Raphael.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #33
Lee9
Mouser

Stylized version of characters are very hit or miss... I'll pass for a wide variety of factors. For the price that this will be, I'm leaning towards pass.

We're all hungering for "straight outta the toon" toys, and this ain't it. There are some amazing customs that keep me hopeful. Somebody please give us these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45293-1.jpg (31.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 45461-1.jpg (24.8 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Lee9; 01-04-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Lee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #34
sdp
-

I only have two problems with it, the height and the red LED eyes. I can't believe no one has complained about that yet. The problem with the height is these figures seem to be aimed at the Playmates classic collection turtles which are ****ing tall and yet the turtles are supposed to be shorter than the average human while Shredder is supposed to be taller than the average human. But yeah if it wasn't for that I'd totally be into this figure. I also like this figure as in its supposed to be a stylized version of the character, not the OT Shredder.

I didn't realize until fairly recently that the Krang figure was a third party toy, I didn't even know what that was, at first I thought it was a custom and then that a customizer started selling a few of them and then I thought it was an officially licensed product but now I understand.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #35
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9 View Post
We're all hungering for "straight outta the toon" toys
Ain't that the truth. With a franchise as big as TMNT, and a cartoon AND toyline that enjoyed colossal popularity back in the day, you'd think it would be a simple enough concept for Playmates (who remember even made the original line!) to do a deluxe cartoon-accurate figure series for the now-grown-up fans and knock it out of the park. Of course we all know how that turned out, but First Gokin really stepped up with their Classic-Collection-Compatible Krang.

I truly thought they understood the gap in the market, but it seems Krang was a one-off. Their Shredder is nice quality, but it's just too big and too far away from the cartoon to appeal to the largest market (i.e. original toon fans who wanted to display this alongside the existing Classic Collection Turtles figures). Especially for a high-priced item. Swing and a miss as far as I'm concerned. I know they've said they'll make changes but from what I've heard they don't seem interested in the feedback regarding Shredder's size compared to any existing Turtles figures.

Last edited by theassassin; 10-12-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #36
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I do not mind the scale as much. My assumption is that this company will make turtles in that scale too. The classic line is great but technically its a dead concept anyway. If they make a turtle and he is in scale with Shredder and Krang, then there is nothing to worry about. This is only the second toy out of hopefully many more.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:15 PM   #37
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Yeah I can't wait to own this

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #38
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
took me awhile but i finally snagged a FG NT-01 off ebay!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #39
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Man, people can be so picky! He's close enough to a good hieght. The original cartoon was never consistant in the height of any of the characters so using as a basis for comparison isn't a good idea. And so what if it isn't cartoon accurate? The First Gokin Krang wasn't either and eveyone loved it. But let's be honest, MOST TMNT toys aren't even close to the cartoon....any of them....from any line. I'm just gonna sit back and drink in all the awesomeness they're giving up and my TMNT display is gonna be on point!!
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #40
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
Man, people can be so picky!
For the price, they damn well better be...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote