The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #761
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if for next year (or, heck, for NYCC) they rereleased this set, but with multiple heads for each Turtle a la the Playmates classic releases. Also, since the extra heads would include the Turtles' looks in TMNT II, Vanilla Ice would come packaged in the set as well.

Aaaaand now I want a set of variants based on the Coming Out of Their Shells tour.
They are not gonna do that. Since they just released the SDCC Turtles. If anything Next Year will be the TMNT movie Shredder and Foot 4 pack. And the Dimension X set as another set. Besides Randy really doesn't care for Part II or III of the Turtles.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 PM   #762
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
as per Twitter: household limit of 2 sets with turtles total only. If you ordered 2 sets with diorama and 2 sets without diorama, your order will be cancelled. You're right, this was not addressed in the FAQ.
I was wondering when this was going to be addressed. I saw people on IG and Twitter the day of the release saying they got two (of one set) and I was like, "Ummm... I think your order is going to be cancelled." Glad to see NECA followed through with that.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #763
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
I was wondering when this was going to be addressed. I saw people on IG and Twitter the day of the release saying they got two (of one set) and I was like, "Ummm... I think your order is going to be cancelled." Glad to see NECA followed through with that.
I think you mean two of each set. Two of one set is fine.

Getting your entire order cancelled is harsh, and I do agree that the instructions on the Web site itself (not Twitter) were a bit vague, but assuming you're not scalping, how many sets do you realistically "need?" I ordered two standard sets total and that's already more than enough, IMO.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:21 AM   #764
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
I think you mean two of each set. Two of one set is fine.

Getting your entire order cancelled is harsh, and I do agree that the instructions on the Web site itself (not Twitter) were a bit vague, but assuming you're not scalping, how many sets do you realistically "need?" I ordered two standard sets total and that's already more than enough, IMO.
Oh, that's my bad. I thought they meant you can get two sets (one Turtles only and one diorama), but not two sets of the same item.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #765
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Well, if you read the link here, it doesn't specify:

https://thenecastore.com/pages/2018-...-pre-order-faq

So, if someone didn't check Twitter, how would they know? Just saying.
I'm sure most of you are really cool and great guys but it is ANNOYING to see the amount of needless, pointless and just plain ole stupid speculation.

Let's be real . . . NECA posted on their websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram EXACTLY what the two per household limit meant SEVERAL TIMES. It's plain ole BS to sit here and try and argue your point when it was clear what NECA rules are. No amount of wanting the rules to be altered or trying to convince yourself that what you think is better than what NECA did will change it. And if you didn't reach out to NECA directly for further clarification shame on you.

NECA was responding to COUNTLESS of the SAME inquiries regarding those limits and if you didn't get the clue that you could not have more than two of either Turtles exclusive then that is ABSOLUTELY on you! Those who didn't look in more than one place for confirmation just show a lack of real drive. Just saying. Even Pixel Dan, Action Figure Junkies and a few others who posted videos on YouTube and Facebook live addressed this concern during the days of the sale.

Just like we've all seen the COUNTLESS inquiries regarding international shipping . . . How many times does NECA has to respond to those?!?!

Furthermore, it is not at all harsh for an entire order to be canceled if it went against the rules. That's called consequence!

It is what it is folks!

Look, I don't post much at all -- barely anything since I joined this Forum in 2010 -- but the bickering, complaining, shade throwing and LACK OF READING that has been going on over these figures is exhausting and annoying. And the PURELY BS excuses of not knowing and clamming at NECA about them canceling orders without notice is pointless and stupid. It doesn't matter if the rules were only posted in one area -- that area is public and visible to all. Kind of like pissing in public. There are no signs on the streets that tell us not to do it BUT WE ALL KNOW not to do it!

Other than this I've enjoyed reading a lot of your comments for years and getting tips and info on a lot of stuff. Very helpful for the most past.

Just my two cents. Nothing is law. Don't be mad or offended. Carry on.

Make it a great day and end of the week folks!

Last edited by rh608; 06-14-2018 at 08:49 AM.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #766
AquaParade
Banned

Anyone buying these online, knows well and good how rare and hard to get they are.

Snatching four for yourself? Serves you right.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #767
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Anyone buying these online, knows well and good how rare and hard to get they are.

Snatching four for yourself? Serves you right.
Agreed! No excuses. Whether it was doubted or not we all saw NECA express that orders would be canceled if they caught any rule breakers or repeat orders. I bet all those other kats are nervous now. Just think, all those eBay listings for "pre-orders" and not even having the item on hand. Folk will be getting their refunds in silent. Trust me. I'm glad NECA kept their word.

Speaking of rare . . . Last year's SDCC Exclusive seem to still be holding the exclusive value and hype. The cost for one has climbed and I haven't seen any knock off versions that many people claim happens so often. I wouldn't bet on any counterfeits of last year's exclusive or this year's. There's been a lot of cracking down on the counterfeit markets but I also feel that the more detailed the items the harder it is to make a good copy of that people will be willing to purchase.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #768
rh608
Thug

[QUOTE=***First of Two Latin Kings***;1763827]If any of you think NECA is going to bother to sift through all the orders and cancel the ones that "might be scalpers," you're very naive. If you guys want to snitch on me and get the orders I placed canceled by NECA, be my guest. I will just have to cancel the orders that were placed by people here (overseas fans who have no other way to get them). I can have someone pick the set up for me at the con to fill the one set that actually sold on eBay.

Looks like NECA stuck to their word and have started canceling those order that are manually being screened. They probably saw all the screen captures sellers listed in their eBay "pre-order" listings and were able to catch a few of you that way too . . . Oh, well . . .
Old 06-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #769
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
I'm sure most of you are really cool and great guys but it is ANNOYING to see the amount of needless, pointless and just plain ole stupid speculation.

Let's be real . . . NECA posted on their websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram EXACTLY what the two per household limit meant SEVERAL TIMES. It's plain ole BS to sit here and try and argue your point when it was clear what NECA rules are. No amount of wanting the rules to be altered or trying to convince yourself that what you think is better than what NECA did will change it. And if you didn't reach out to NECA directly for further clarification shame on you...
The confusion was that NECA was selling two sets (regular and diorama) and the wording on the site, IIRC, stated two items per household. Some people interpreted the two sets to be two separate items. Hence, the cancellations.

As I stated above, I have no skin in the game, but just from the way the policy was worded on the site (barring the other media), I could see how it could be confusing. Also, as I mentioned above, I also agree that ordering more than two sets total is too much.

As far as "harsh"...Hey, I'm not gobbling up that many sets, but I could see how it would suck for someone who bought three to have a whole order cancelled, even though I totally agree with NECA. Being able to see things from multiple points of view and to empathize is a benefit towards functioning as a human being, not a limitation.

No need to get so wound up and emotional...conversation here had been pretty calm/civil, and will hopefully continue that way.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #770
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
I'm sure most of you are really cool and great guys but it is ANNOYING to see the amount of needless, pointless and just plain ole stupid speculation. ... Let's be real . . . NECA posted on their websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram EXACTLY what the two per household limit meant SEVERAL TIMES. It's plain ole BS to sit here and try and argue your point when it was clear what NECA rules are. ... NECA was responding to COUNTLESS of the SAME inquiries regarding those limits and if you didn't get the clue that you could not have more than two of either Turtles exclusive then that is ABSOLUTELY on you! Those who didn't look in more than one place for confirmation just show a lack of real drive. ... It doesn't matter if the rules were only posted in one area -- that area is public and visible to all. Kind of like pissing in public. There are no signs on the streets that tell us not to do it BUT WE ALL KNOW not to do it!
Your self-righteous attitude is about as annoying as those who blatantly flaunted the rules. And I just want to be clear--my order is safe and so I'm not here to grind an axe.

Here's the problem. Their blog, which directed people to their dedicated website, had a complete list of pre-order FAQs. It didn't say, "For full rules, see our Facebook/Twitter/Instagram." So, for someone who looked only at their website, which is completely rational, there was no way of knowing that the diorama set and the regular set were considered one in the same. It's not an issue of laziness or "lack of drive" or an inability to read. Those are inflammatory and antagonistic characterizations, and you're ascribing them to honest people who made a good faith effort to follow the rules.

Your analogy about pissing in public doesn't even begin to apply. But try this: let's say you make a right turn on red and receive a ticket. You're confused because you don't see a sign saying that there's no right turn on red. The officer, however, says that he gave you the ticket anyway because a similar sign is posted in a different part of town. You'd be right to be confused, and if you challenged the ticket in court you'd probably win your appeal.

NECA's intent to crack down on scalpers is laudable, but to punish people who followed the very rules posted on their website is poor form, and it's their fault for publishing conflicting or ambiguous rules. I have no sympathy for people who tried making different accounts, or who openly exceeded the two per item limit. I do, however, feel bad for people who checked the official pre-order FAQs on NECA's website and are being punished for having done so.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #771
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I don't remember where I saw it, but I know I saw it somewhere without digging too deep -- an explicit statement of what you could order. I think it even explained it so straightforwardly that it said "2 of X, 2 of Y, or 1 of X and 1 of Y".

So on the one hand I had no trouble knowing this information and neither should anybody else who was doing due diligence. And if you're not doing due diligence what business do you have trying to claw around with the masters to grab limited treasures??? Everybody knows how Black Friday works...be on top of your game or you're gonna miss out one way or another! As with Black Friday, there's no "fair" way to do it. People are gonna find something to complain about no matter what you do. Make everyone queue in a line and hand out physical tickets? You will have line-cutters and families of 20 showing up together. Nope, when it comes to high profile limited items there will always be the simple truth that you have to know what you're up against to have a chance and some of that is on you.

What they posted on their blog said "purchase limits apply". If you read that, and were diligent, you would have seen that phrase and thought to yourself, "sh**, I wonder what those limits are" and tried to figure it out. Perhaps by asking NECA. Who would have told you. But yes, what it said on the FAQ page was misleading and so if you found that you might have considered the question settled and assumed 2 per "sku".

So on the other hand it would have been nice if NECA could have only cancelled the excess quantities, not the entire orders. But their order infrastructure may not be designed to handle that sort of thing given it would involve partial refunds in many cases.

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 06-14-2018 at 11:43 AM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #772
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I don't remember where I saw it, but I know I saw it somewhere without digging too deep...
There's no need to keep debating this. At this point, I don't think anyone posting on this thread disagrees with the intent of NECA's policies (to limit purchases).

The only confusion some people had was with how it was worded. Here's the wording from NECA's SDCC 2018 preorder FAQ: "Yes. The limit is TWO PER HOUSEHOLD. Any duplicate orders will be cancelled."

Common sense/decency tells you not to grab too much. But yeah, for future years, it wouldn't hurt for NECA to be a tad more specific. "TWO PER HOUSEHOLD" is a bit vague when you're selling multiple versions of sets.

I'm fairly up to speed on what's happening in the collector world, but the above statement was all I had when I ordered my two regular sets on the first day, and even I didn't know if that meant two of each different set or two sets total...I hate Twitter, Instagram, etc. and don't follow them. I imagine I'm not the only one. So if the FAQ doesn't cover what you're saying on Twitter, Instagram, etc., then what's the point of having an FAQ?

I'm not hating on NECA or anything. I think the company does a wonderful job, and so do most people here. But clarity is never a bad thing, and there are a lot of blind assumptions about what people should or shouldn't know, and what they thought NECA said or didn't say.

A lot of people are rushing to NECA's defense, and a lot of that is due to anger at scalpers, which I get. But lack of clarity on NECA's part and scalping are two separate issues. The former can affect all of us at some point.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-14-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #773
Coro
Mad Scientist

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #774
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I don't remember where I saw it, but I know I saw it somewhere without digging too deep -- an explicit statement of what you could order. I think it even explained it so straightforwardly that it said "2 of X, 2 of Y, or 1 of X and 1 of Y".

So on the one hand I had no trouble knowing this information and neither should anybody else who was doing due diligence. And if you're not doing due diligence what business do you have trying to claw around with the masters to grab limited treasures??? Everybody knows how Black Friday works...be on top of your game or you're gonna miss out one way or another! As with Black Friday, there's no "fair" way to do it. People are gonna find something to complain about no matter what you do. Make everyone queue in a line and hand out physical tickets? You will have line-cutters and families of 20 showing up together. Nope, when it comes to high profile limited items there will always be the simple truth that you have to know what you're up against to have a chance and some of that is on you.

What they posted on their blog said "purchase limits apply". If you read that, and were diligent, you would have seen that phrase and thought to yourself, "sh**, I wonder what those limits are" and tried to figure it out. Perhaps by asking NECA. Who would have told you. But yes, what it said on the FAQ page was misleading and so if you found that you might have considered the question settled and assumed 2 per "sku".

So on the other hand it would have been nice if NECA could have only cancelled the excess quantities, not the entire orders. But their order infrastructure may not be designed to handle that sort of thing given it would involve partial refunds in many cases.
Those rules were clearly stated on the pre-order FAQ page. I remember them clearly because I read the rules repeatedly as I was refreshing my browser as I was waiting for the exclusives to pop up.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #775
AquaParade
Banned

I'll also concede that the rules aren't clear.

It's just impossible to be upset about it, because a little decency isn't such a bad filter.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #776
Wes
Mad Scientist

I think it was super clear per the information on the pre-order faq. Anyone who still wasn't clear could have sought clarification on social media and within toy collecting communities, all of which I guarantee were accessible to anyone who had the ability to find out about the sale in the first place. I'd wager that (for the most part) the people this affects are people who figured (wrongly) that NECA wouldn't actually make good on their promise, and I imagine the majority of those people are scalpers who felt the potential for financial gain was worth the risk.

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #777
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Those rules were clearly stated on the pre-order FAQ page. I remember them clearly because I read the rules repeatedly as I was refreshing my browser as I was waiting for the exclusives to pop up.
You know, I've been thinking it possibly was either on the blog or the FAQ and now one or the other has since been revised/removed/updated. But there's no way for me to go back in time and see if that's true. But I think everyone here so angry and sure of themselves should take a minute to consider that is a very real possibility. They did muck with the entire SDCC section of the shop mid-sale-period, we know that much.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #778
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I think it was super clear per the information on the pre-order faq.
Really? Re-read the rules here and you'll realize that it is ambiguous since it does not specify that the TWO TMNT sets are considered the same item. https://thenecastore.com/pages/2018-...-pre-order-faq

Quote:
You know, I've been thinking it possibly was either on the blog or the FAQ and now one or the other has since been revised/removed/updated. But there's no way for me to go back in time and see if that's true. But I think everyone here so angry and sure of themselves should take a minute to consider that is a very real possibility. They did muck with the entire SDCC section of the shop mid-sale-period, we know that much.
The FAQs I posted above are the same now as they were before the sale. I stand by what I said: shame on the scalpers, kudos to NECA for trying to do the right thing, but also shame on NECA for punishing people who followed the rules they posted on their own website.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #779
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I understood the rules even without reading the fine print. I only ordered one set so at least I know mine are good to go. I hope no one has their order canceled on the boards that bought off of eBay but I am glad the though that a lot of scalpers are going to have a lot of unhappy customers.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #780
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
You know, I've been thinking it possibly was either on the blog or the FAQ and now one or the other has since been revised/removed/updated. But there's no way for me to go back in time and see if that's true.
Sure, there's a way. The FAQ's right here, and it says the exact same thing it said on the first day of the sale: https://thenecastore.com/pages/2018-...-pre-order-faq
I reread that thing a couple times right before ordering. I also looked at NECA's SDCC presale blog, and regarding the rules, it basically tells you to look at the FAQ: http://necaonline.com/2018/05/2018-c...e-coming-soon/. Neither item has been revised or updated...I know because I was frantically checking both places to make sure I didn't break any rules.

After ordering, I finally found clarification on the rules via NECA's Twitter...someone asked on 7/6, "if I ordered 2 TMNT sets with the diorama, will I be able to get 2 more sets without the diorama?" NECA answered on 7/7, "Absolutely not and your entire order will be cancelled if you do. All of the restrictions are rules have been clearly posted and will be enforced."

Last few pages of this TL;DR thread in a nutshell:

Some people thought NECA's FAQ was perfectly clear; some didn't.

Some people are still happy about getting sets; some are still pissed about missing out.

Some people are really pissed about getting their orders cancelled; some people are really happy about that.

Some people hear Yanny, some Laurel.

Nobody's winning this argument because everyone's right, and everyone's wrong.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-14-2018 at 10:54 PM.