The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #9861
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Trip to Walmart went well! No Monster Hunter Leo or Monster Hunter Raph. But doubles on the others. Also several Tales Repaints that I left behind. Found in Chehalis WA. Was quite a drive from my usual area but worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8252.jpg (100.8 KB, 106 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #9862
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Trip to Walmart went well! No Monster Hunter Leo or Monster Hunter Raph. But doubles on the others. Also several Tales Repaints that I left behind. Found in Chehalis WA. Was quite a drive from my usual area but worth it.
Chehalis has these...?
But Tacoma still ain't got jack s**t...

Why do distributors hate me?
Old 10-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #9863
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Chehalis has these...?
But Tacoma still ain't got jack s**t...

Why do distributors hate me?
I know the feeling. I haven't found any new stuff around the Olympia area. Maybe the trucks start in the South and move slowly up I5 northward? But I think you've had some luck. I seen Muckman in your collection.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #9864
cloud
Stone Warrior

Havent seen the Monster Hunters or the new Bebop and Rocksteady.
Was at Bellingham WA yesterday.
Was happy that I found all the monsters TMNT tho.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #9865
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Meijer had the monster turtles, Monster Hunter Leo, and 80's Rocksteady. Wish they'd had Bebop. He' the one I want. Cool to see anything new near me though.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #9866
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I found the 4 monster turtles at a Wal-Mart in Milwaukee,WI. They had 2 of each but there were no Monster Hunters and 80's Bebop and Rocksteady.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #9867
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Found two blue usagi at Walmart today snagged em
Old 10-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #9868
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I know the feeling. I haven't found any new stuff around the Olympia area. Maybe the trucks start in the South and move slowly up I5 northward? But I think you've had some luck. I seen Muckman in your collection.
That was an absolute fluke. I still never saw Armaggon.

It feels like either podunks get these stuff miles before or instead of the bigger venues, or somehow there's someone in Tacoma picking out the best stuff before I get there. I've seen very few of the random repaints that came out recently and even then I had to hunt for them.

Seattle's even worse. The few times I've been there have been barebones. Purplebacks for days still at a TЯU?!?
Old 10-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #9869
Powder
So tired of this place

A Wal-Mart local to me still has really old stock out as far as the main line is concerned. Rahzar, Robotic Foot, Savage Mikey, etc. & the outer space characters. Like, literally the same few figures have sat there for months.

Do you think they would have sealed boxes of current waves just waiting in the back for when those sell? Would it pay to ask someone if they've got this or that? Would really like to nab a few of the harder to get figures that way, if so...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:50 PM   #9870
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A Wal-Mart local to me still has really old stock out as far as the main line is concerned. Rahzar, Robotic Foot, Savage Mikey, etc. & the outer space characters. Like, literally the same few figures have sat there for months.

Do you think they would have sealed boxes of current waves just waiting in the back for when those sell? Would it pay to ask someone if they've got this or that? Would really like to nab a few of the harder to get figures that way, if so...
From what I've been told about retail venues, they won't even order another box until their current supply has been sufficiently depleted.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #9871
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
From what I've been told about retail venues, they won't even order another box until their current supply has been sufficiently depleted.
This is pretty much the case. Most of the ordering at retail is electronic and automated. Once their inventory numbers hit a certain threshold, the items will be automatically added to their next order. Of course, then they receive whatever is in stock at the warehouse/distribution center. And they could be working with a pallet full of older stock as well.

EDIT
A few new things popped up today around here. I found the four Monster Turtles (no monster hunters or 80's mutants) at three different Walmarts. Looks like each store got two of each figure. The local comic shop also received the Funko Pop Leatherhead specialty series figure. Toss in the last of the Kidrobot series 2 keychains in the mail and I ended up with a nice TMNT trifecta.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys

Last edited by tmntman; 10-04-2017 at 06:21 PM.
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #9872
chaosorc
Thug

Monster turtles

The Walmart in wyomissing PA had the 4 monster turtles. They had two of each and I was able to pick up donatello.

They did not have the hunters or the 80s turtles.
chaosorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #9873
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Walmart in mid tn has the 4 monster turtles
No hunters
Got a set
Old 10-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #9874
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

looks like im on the hunt for the monster turtles. my wife wants to add them to her Halloween decor. nothing in Port Huron MI
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #9875
Ninjinister
無問題

Got to Fred Meyer just as they were finally restocking. Outside of Brutal Shredder, Usagi, and regular-ass Rahzar(!?), everything was Turtle variants up 'til the Samurai arc, and even then, no Don.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #9876
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I've been finding Monster Hunter Leo and 80s Rocksteady only at Target and TRU near me in the midwest so far (2 of each), Walmart only has monster turtles. I have been religiously checking a wide area 3 times a week for 3-4 weeks. Just need 80s Leo/Rock and Hunter Raph to reach completion!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #9877
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I've been finding Monster Hunter Leo and 80s Rocksteady only at Target and TRU near me in the midwest so far
I found the same assortment at Meijer a few weeks ago, no Bebop or Monster Hunter Raph. I wonder if these early cases don't have them? Similar to the early Samurai cases not having Donnie. I know a few people have found them, though. Just odd.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #9878
Ninjinister
無問題

Went to Wal-Mart and found the Baxter and Mutagen Man repaints and the Mutant XL Usagi, but nothing else new. I was looking for regular Samurai Usagi but they had none.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 10-12-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #9879
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

The TMNT Ghostbusters figures are starting to show up at Target. I went to 2 today and found a set, but the boxes were severely damaged so I left them.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #9880
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

A Walmart employee told me a few months back that if they had any boxes waiting that they would be on the top shelf above the TMNT pegs. I did have luck today and spotted a box up on the top that was sealed. An employee opened it for me and it had two of each monster turtle. The pegs were full yet they had a full case waiting. With that said, it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote