The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #7961
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I Don't understand MOC collectors why buy the figure if all your gonna do is keep in the box.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #7962
Powder
So tired of this place

For some, it's the aesthetic, others think of it as an investment. What's there not to understand? We're all toy-buying adults, after all, no means of collecting is any odder than the next.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #7963
Metaldad1972
Mouser

I found MB and NBF at Target in Waynesboro VA while searching for Star Wars figures.
Metaldad1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #7964
chaosboy
Random Punk

Saw mix and match dog pound today at tru in St Petersburg FL it's a three pack with raph and Leo. Rahzar is on pack as other three pack but wasn't in store he comes with mikey and Donnie.I passed on it I don't see them demutating to dogpound from Rahzar and one dp is more than enough.
chaosboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:26 AM   #7965
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I Don't understand MOC collectors why buy the figure if all your gonna do is keep in the box.
Some people just like the card art and stuff and hanging it on their walls and such. Also possible collectible re-sale value I guess.

For me, I'm open box and I like to pose and take pictures.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #7966
DVD
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As a 'collector' having the complete package is cool. An unopened figure has a feel of completeness about it. These figures also look perfect when hung on the wall. Figures also need to come out of the packs. An unpopulated play set would look very empty ... Vehicles require drivers, etc
Basically I find some figures display better in pack on the wall , whilst others do so out of pack, and posed.
Each to their own.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:11 AM   #7967
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Basically I find some figures display better in pack on the wall , whilst others do so out of pack, and posed.
Each to their own.
For sure! It's fun to have both carded & loose figures.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #7968
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
thats just the way i like my figures if i want a loose one i just buy them loose i dont buy figures to open
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #7969
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I like the way they look in the box because it gives me that feeling of the first time I seen them on the shelves. I just hang them on the wall or display them on shelves. I'm not gonna play with them anyway. I've always liked to collect that way whether it be Masters of the Universe or TMNT.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #7970
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

any Walmart employees here know when all the stores are required to put the new displays out? i have been checking almost everyday and the newest figure they have there is Turflytle Mikey, in fact when i ask an employee about it i get the thousand yard stare like they have no idea what im talking about. one day i called and asked to talk to the toy/electronic department and they sent me to automotive. Walmart is really frustrating me and thinking about abandoning them altogether and just using amazon
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #7971
tmntman
Mad Scientist

How many people have actually seen the Half Shell Hero Hovercraft with Leo? I've been waiting for it to show up for quite some time. But it seems like none of the local stores are going to carry it.

BTW, Target.com has a bunch of the upcoming figures and vehicles pictured on their site for anyone interested in seeing them.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #7972
Ninjinister
無問題

I wish my Fred Meyer would stock some new Turtles like they've done with Star Wars. Granted, it's STAR WARS, but Freddie's usually doesn't make a big deal about figures like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
How many people have actually seen the Half Shell Hero Hovercraft with Leo? I've been waiting for it to show up for quite some time. But it seems like none of the local stores are going to carry it.

BTW, Target.com has a bunch of the upcoming figures and vehicles pictured on their site for anyone interested in seeing them.
Spoiler:
Ohshiz Dregg gets his own symbol! And d'aww lookit Ice Cream Kitty!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #7973
GildedLily
Foot Soldier

Has anyone seen the second wave of T-Machines hit yet? It's supposed to have Turflytle and Speed Demon Don in Speed Demon. Just wondering if anyone saw that yet (cause it's those two I want to add to my collection)

**I love all incarnations of the Turtles**
**Also, I must be the only TMNT fangirl that really LOVES Speed Demon Donnie**
GildedLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:28 PM   #7974
chaosorc
Thug

Found halfshell heroes bebop and rocksteady at a k-mart in PA

The last wave of t-machines I have seen is the tiger claw wave.
chaosorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #7975
Prototype
Foot Soldier

The mix&match series, has arrived in Sweden. Sighted them today.

Only found three M&M figures, none of much interrest to me.

But I also saw something I havn't heard of yet: "Excluive 4-pack M&M figures".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150906_151020.jpg (92.6 KB, 60 views)
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #7976
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I saw Bebop and Rocksteady vintage re-releases at TRU a few days ago along with restocks of all the other earlier ones. I wanted them but was forced to pass when I noticed the paint apps were nowhere near as good as the originals. I'm tired of giving Playmates my money for such shoddy work. Not happening.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:22 AM   #7977
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I saw Bebop and Rocksteady vintage re-releases at TRU a few days ago along with restocks of all the other earlier ones. I wanted them but was forced to pass when I noticed the paint apps were nowhere near as good as the originals. I'm tired of giving Playmates my money for such shoddy work. Not happening.
I understand for a children's line paint apps aren't as big of a priority, but half assing the collector's line is weird seeing how most of us pretty nitpicky about what we want. I don't think they learned from Classics when they half assed paint apps on Rocksteady's neck and the misprinted eyes on the turtles.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #7978
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
I understand for a children's line paint apps aren't as big of a priority, but half assing the collector's line is weird seeing how most of us pretty nitpicky about what we want. I don't think they learned from Classics when they half assed paint apps on Rocksteady's neck and the misprinted eyes on the turtles.
I really don't even consider the classics line as much for collectors as I do for adults that used to play with TMNT who now have kids that are getting in to it and they want to capitalize on parents who want to show their kids things they used to like and help them appreciate the history of the franchise. I know when the classics line launched I got all four Turtles, Splinter, and Shredder for my little boy to play with. He really liked them. I still have the original four MIB so I just got him those to open so maybe he could have as much fun with them as I did. I don't think he had THAT much fun but he did seem to really like them though. LOL! Also I loved seeing him enjoy playing with what I liked and it gave me an excuse to play with them again. LOL.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #7979
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GildedLily View Post
Has anyone seen the second wave of T-Machines hit yet? It's supposed to have Turflytle and Speed Demon Don in Speed Demon. Just wondering if anyone saw that yet (cause it's those two I want to add to my collection)
Three more of the first series T-Machines finally started to show up a few weeks ago. I have no guess if that means the rest of series 1 and series 2 will show up soon or if that will be all the new releases we see for a while.

I did find the fourth Talking T-Machine today for the first time, Donnie in his service truck.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:54 AM   #7980
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I was picking some stuff up at TRU the other day, and I didn't even bother checking the TMNT aisle because I haven't found anything new there in months. Then when I got to the register to pay, the guy in front of me had Napoleon and Monkey Brains. I went back to the aisle, and there were no more left. Of course, the one time I don't check...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote