The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #61
Vicky82
Emperor

I haven't watched them yet, i've recorded them so i'll watch them at the weekend.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #62
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A bit frantic but still fun today. Max Headroom fans will get a kick out of Big HEAD. Penfold in his Giraffe Warriors Onsie was adorkable. DM and Squawk got to hug too.

The "DM is Stupid" website has to be a real thing someday.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #63
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Yea, not the best episode so far, but still fun.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:32 AM   #64
Mayhem
Foot Elite

There was never a strong female character in the original DM series, so it's good to see that Squawk can hold her own here. Maybe that's why they decided to cast a Scottish actress for her voice

(I remember her as Sam Buxton from Spooks like a decade ago)

And yeah, that website should really exist
Old 10-07-2015, 04:32 AM   #65
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yesterday's episode was so weird...the internet is litterally sustained by a giant Spider and there's a literal vacuam of space. Loved how DM got over his fear of Spiders by getting a massage from one. Penfold was very confidant and assertive in this ep too since he knew how to deal with Spiders.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #66
ZariusTwo
Overlord

To quote a line from Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast the Baron can turn red traffic lights green...just by staring at them.
Pretty weird how in the pilot DM uses a spacesuit, and then in later episodes set in space they're constantly going about it without any breathable apparatus.
Poor Col.K, his hologram endures all those surprise attacks from DM but when he finally turns up in person to congratulate the pair, Penfold gets the drop on him for real. Penfold did seem more elated that the Colnel remembered his name though
Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #67
Mayhem
Foot Elite

An episode about traffic lights is pretty British heh.

And I swear there were little throwbacks to the old series in there, near the end, where the narrator makes a fourth wall joke, the characters start laughing to end the episode, and even the music sounded like the old background theme in-episode.

As I said before, it's never going to supplant the original series, but it's having a damn good try at being almost as good...
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #68
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And so the world is saved by acts of cowardice. Penfold is showing more and more competence in this series, even being resourceful enough to use his yellow streak as a tactical advantage
Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #69
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Insane episode today with the Baron switching countries around and shoving one into the other (poor Col. K litterally becomes a background character to the U.S general), and the début of Jeopardy Mouse. Loved that DM was trying to insist on being secretive and there's a massive billboard of him advertising "Danger Flakes"
Old 10-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #70
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Today we got some focus on Col. K, including a flashback to his earlier days as an active agent. I liked how the narrator tried to find different jobs to do in this episode because Col. K took over his usual duties at the start, and the characters only learn of Bad Boy's theft because the narrator resumed his job. I liked Bad Boy's little gang, and we got both an invisi-jet and an invsi-villaness in the same episode.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #71
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Finally caught up on the last few episodes I missed. Have to say it's a fun watch, the last episode with Colonel K coming out of retirement to save the world, has been my fav to date.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 10-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #72
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bad news, following this week's run of new episodes, the show is going straight into repeats for a while
Old 10-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #73
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Penfold gets more capable with each passing episode.The Tyran-Tour Bus Rex was a great touch. The narrator going on about how he did'nt like a swimming pool at the end was fun ("it does'nt even have a flume")
Old 10-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #74
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Two "Aliens" references in an episode? Definitely one for the pop humour there heh...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #75
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I thought Nero being the moustache was a fantastic twist, and I'm surprised I didn't see it coming even with the clues being in the sneezing and the "under our nose" line
Old 10-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #76
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Your average "evil twisted fanboy villain" episode. Loved Penfold and Sqawk getting stuck to the back of sticky things you normally find in bags. The continuity nods were great, including the bit where the Mark III reverts to the original design from the old show!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #77
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Except it rather completely broke the rules established about how often the shrink/grow gun could be used. Unless Squawk made it better without it being mentioned...
Old 10-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #78
ZariusTwo
Overlord

That last one felt like a proper mid-series finale, with three major faces returning (Quark, Jeporday, and Loocifer), plus cameos from some old ones (Snowman was in there). I enjoyed the thumb wrestling solution required to temporarily avoid fighting each other, even if it went pear-shaped after the confession vlogs were ran. Penfold did'nt make one though, which just goes to show what a nice guy he is. He ended up winning the trophy in the end too, even if by accident.

The bit about turning the Earth into a ball for a game of Pong was a little in-joke to the last episode of the classic series where the Earth was going to be turned into a cue ball for a game of snooker

So does anyone reckon the ending of the episode was a cliffhanger?
Old 10-19-2015, 05:19 AM   #79
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

It could be, but I thought that about a couple of the other episodes. Shame we didn't see Duckula. When's the next crop of season 1 airing?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #80
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
It could be, but I thought that about a couple of the other episodes. Shame we didn't see Duckula. When's the next crop of season 1 airing?
Probably the same amount of time it took to go through this run. There's a Christmas special yet to come too so maybe the hiatus was to slow down the pace so as to time the special with the holiday season