The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We have NO proof Jason Biggs is being replaced, folks... wait til the truth comes out
Eat me!! *cues the stereotypical Italian music* 23 30.67%
Who knew ICKitty could be so freaky!? 26 34.67%
*burp* Whoo... made a little room in there. 3 4.00%
Obey the flavor... 5 6.67%
There'll be NO eating of the princess on my watch! 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #221
CyberCubed
Overlord

You know it makes sense that Splinter eats pizza given he's a mutated rat, and rats love cheese.

Or that's what cartoons have led me to believe over the last 20 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #222
Shark_Blade
Emperor

You know... I read a lot of Pizza Face reviews on tumblr and..

Many of them didn't know how the turtles got their pizzas all this time. After seeing this episode they're like "Oh, that's how they got their pizzas!".

And I'm like.. wow MANY of them never watched the first movie. Ever.

We really need the new movie to be out soon and hopefully shows a little more of the boys personal lives. And maybe the new audience will check the past movies too.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #223
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You know it makes sense that Splinter eats pizza given he's a mutated rat, and rats love cheese.

Or that's what cartoons have led me to believe over the last 20 years.
Rodents actually hate cheese.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #224
shinefra
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Pfft traumatized by pizza? Oh come on..

Eat me!
http://i.imgur.com/wwmKZG7.jpg

Eat Me!
http://i.imgur.com/xIqDCyn.jpg

COME ON EAT ME!
http://i.imgur.com/Xua9Wvt.jpg

Taste my delicious blend of four melted cheeses... yes
http://i.imgur.com/63TmdVz.jpg
wooow hahaha you made that pizza?
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:26 AM   #225
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Yea...this show is about 3 more crap episodes away from chasing me off for good and making me lose all hope that it can ever duplicate the highs of season 1 again. Yet another stinker of an episode that I will never again throw away another 22 minutes of my life to watch. I just dont understand what happened to this show after such a promising start.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Yea...this show is about 3 more crap episodes away from chasing me off for good and making me lose all hope that it can ever duplicate the highs of season 1 again. Yet another stinker of an episode that I will never again throw away another 22 minutes of my life to watch. I just dont understand what happened to this show after such a promising start.
What are you refering to? The majority of Season 2 has been written just as well as Season 1.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #227
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
What are you refering to? The majority of Season 2 has been written just as well as Season 1.
Agreed.

Season 2 as of right now has started off very strong and there are still some interesting plots left including The Return of Tiger Claw, the Thief, Mutagen Man, and possibly the Squirrelanoids.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #228
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its almost as if people have forgotten all the great Season 2 episodes there were.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #229
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Its almost as if people have forgotten all the great Season 2 episodes there were.
The breaks probably don't help at all.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #230
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Agreed.

Season 2 as of right now has started off very strong and there are still some interesting plots left including The Return of Tiger Claw, the Thief, Mutagen Man, and possibly the Squirrelanoids.
Agreed, at least with the plot episodes left. However, the 'filler' episodes for Season 2 don't seem to be nearly as good as last season's. They seem to be a lot more sillier and stupid whereas Season 1 tended to be a bit more darker and serious in nature.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 05-21-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #231
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
that's not fair, Adults/teens over think things while kids don't (a few do)

so if we are more grossed out it's because we are thinking of all the disgusting parts in explicit detail....which makes us sick.

I was creeped out by Tim's mutations...I didn't just go "oh he turned into a giant blob!" I thought "the mutagen literally burned his skin all off and his organs are exposed and left in a giant acid goop"

and that thought haunted me for 2 days straight...I couldn't watch the episode for a while XD.....
I agree. For most mikey eating a pizza monster is funny cause hey that's what mikey would do. Adults that are are a bit more insightful would laugh but then stop and think 'whoa... Wasn't that pizza guy a human before... So mikey just are a man?'

It's like ice cream kitty. He's adorable. But the thought if the poor thing melting away someday is nightmare fuel and probably something kids wouldn't overthink about.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #232
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Agreed, at least with the plot episodes left. However, the 'filler' episodes for Season 2 don't seem to be nearly as good as last season's. They seem to be a lot more sillier and stupid whereas Season 1 tended to be a bit more darker and serious in nature.
What were the fillers in Season 1? The only one I remember was Parascita and Spiderbitez episode, because all the others were linked to a plot or introduced a new notable character.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #233
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

I didn't noticed that Leo was played by another actor in this episode. This episode for me was not only creepy but disgusting was well. Terrible!

Fortunately, I ate pizza before watching it. I hope Mikey have a good episode next. I don't like his episodes two much. Parasitica, for me, was the best of the Mikey-centered episodes.

Nickelodeon's treatment of Mikey is not the best. He is more than the jokester of the team. He is the heart and soul of the team. He is very compassionate. This Mikey doesn't show any of that. The 1987 and 2003 versions of Mikey are much better than this one. He never prepared such disgusting meals to his family.

Last edited by Klunk1234; 05-21-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #234
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post

Nickelodeon's treatment of Mikey is not the best. He is more than the jokester of the team. He is the heart and soul of the team. He is very compassionate. This Mikey doesn't show any of that. The 1987 and 2003 versions of Mikey are much better than this one. He never prepared such disgusting meals to his family.
What do you mean? 87 Mikey, as well as the other 80's Turtles, ate disgusting pizza toppings almost all the time in the show.

And Nick Mikey has shown compassion. Remember how he was the only one who showed some to Leatherhead, while the others didn't?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #235
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
What do you mean? 87 Mikey, as well as the other 80's Turtles, ate disgusting pizza toppings almost all the time in the show.

And Nick Mikey has shown compassion. Remember how he was the only one who showed some to Leatherhead, while the others didn't?
One thing is gross food combinations that shouldn't be on a pizza... like ice cream and peanut butter...

The Nick show overdid it with a person's finger, an eyeball and half a dead rat, basically taking it into Ren and Stimpy territory.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #236
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
One thing is gross food combinations that shouldn't be on a pizza... like ice cream and peanut butter...

The Nick show overdid it with a person's finger, an eyeball and half a dead rat, basically taking it into Ren and Stimpy territory.
I still take it that the whole episode was a nightmare, so I dull down the notice of the gross out moments. It was basically a real bad, screwed up dream.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #237
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
What were the fillers in Season 1? The only one I remember was Parascita and Spiderbitez episode, because all the others were linked to a plot or introduced a new notable character.
I would say "Monkey Brains" and "Cockroach Terminator" would also be considered filler (somewhat even though the latter involves the Kraang). I do agree with him that most of Season 1's fillers (which there are probably only 4) were handled better than most of Season 2's fillers, but most of the main plot in Season 2 is better IMO.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #238
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

This episode was not only pointless, but horrible. We already have about three filler episodes, so why do we need more? The episode could have been used to explore Mikey's character, instead of being a pointless gag episode.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #239
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I still take it that the whole episode was a nightmare, so I dull down the notice of the gross out moments. It was basically a real bad, screwed up dream.
But it was proven not to be a dream....
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #240
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
But it was proven not to be a dream....
Not exactly.

They did what a lot of kid's shows do, which is giving the viewer the ability to choose one scenario or the other.

They gave plausible reason to think it was real, but they also gave plausible reason to believe it was all a dream.

When Mikey sees April getting turned into a Calzone, he says "It's like my worst nightmare come true." That could be taken as it was a nightmare the whole time, which they did afterward, and Mikey had closed his eyes and went back to sleep when the pizza started talking again at the end, showing that it could have all been in his head.

It left the door open for the viewer to choose though, personally I feel there's enough there with the fact he could eat the pizza when no one else could, Antonio being a monster for apparently months while they still were getting pizza there in recent episodes. While both can be said, it makes more sense it was a dream.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pizza face