The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #121
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Actually my join date is in 2013, and I lurked here even earlier. I don't like posting here much because of the awful gatekeeping attitudes, sexism, racism and bigotry that I constantly see. It's gross. I mostly only visit here to see some of the latest tmnt toy spottings, or find comic info. Luckily there are starting to be more resources on the web so I do have to subject myself to this cesspool as much.
You've forgotten "Ableism" and "Twanzphobia". You should've thrown "Robophobia" and "Bla-blaism", just to round up list of imaginary offences and get yourself BINGO and a pat on a head from the rest of your so called "community".

As I've recently realized, gatekeeping is good, precisely to keep away people, who are more interested in twisting property into their personal ****** fanfics and spreading quasi-religious "MESSAGE", than engaging with community in a normal way.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:48 PM   #122
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe fat black obese April is now a thing. And we all thought Megan Fox April was as bad as it would get back in 2014. It can always get worse.
I mean we cannot go backwards for diversity. Rise April was black and had glasses. Mutant Mayhem "April" is black fat, and wearing glasses. The next reboot "they" will be disabled.
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:40 PM   #123
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Don't be surprise when they make a trans April one day.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:00 AM   #124
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I won't be surprised if you still end up liking it, if they do that.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:56 AM   #125
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think I predicted this myself a while back. They seem to be slowly inching in that direction with her character.

That, or make one of the turtles gay. Or both.

Seriously though, modern adaptations of older properties that have a redheaded male or female character, they get seen as the "experimental" character that they can just do whatever they want with. People downplay the bias against gingers but it's a real thing. And no, just because there are a couple high profile gingers still getting work like Jessica Chastain doesn't negate that. Just like you can't say that because Obama became president that racism against African Americans is dead. NOTHING is that simple and never is.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 12:15 PM   #126
Roseangelo
Emperor

Paramount reported me on Facebook and Twitter for copyright infringement, for posting the recent pictures. The storyboards were just a link (that now doesn't work), but I'm sure they hated that, too.

Anyways, I'm now in Facebook Jail and have a strike against me on Twitter. Too bad they don't believe is positive fan relations.

Oh, and the lesson I've learned is that I won't be promoting anything about this movie.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 12:42 PM   #127
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Paramount reported me on Facebook and Twitter for copyright infringement, for posting the recent pictures. The storyboards were just a link (that now doesn't work), but I'm sure they hated that, too.

Anyways, I'm now in Facebook Jail and have a strike against me on Twitter. Too bad they don't believe is positive fan relations.

Oh, and the lesson I've learned is that I won't be promoting anything about this movie.
With Paramount, Its no surprise really, It was to be expected when you have these leaks, Having them taken down confirms there legitimacy, But regardless, Still looking forward to the movie
Old 01-25-2023, 12:45 PM   #128
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

Who cares, it looks like crap lol.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 12:54 PM   #129
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Who cares, it looks like crap lol.
Well, I care about my inability to use Facebook.

But yes, I feel like their actions reinforce that it's all crap.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 12:56 PM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's amazing how between the 2014, 2016, and 2023 movies keep becoming progressively more insultingly bad in radically new and different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Just take screen caps of it and upload them as images here.
Upload them to the board itself? That's a guaranteed way to get the board/Krang slapped with a cease and desist order, or worse.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:33 PM   #131
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Well, I care about my inability to use Facebook.

But yes, I feel like their actions reinforce that it's all crap.
Yeah, that sucks. At least they are seeing some of the negative feedback it’s getting, I guess.
Old 01-25-2023, 03:34 PM   #132
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Upload them to the board itself? That's a guaranteed way to get the board/Krang slapped with a cease and desist order, or worse.
That is..... a good point that I hadn't considered.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:44 PM   #133
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's amazing how between the 2014, 2016, and 2023 movies keep becoming progressively more insultingly bad in radically new and different ways.
The 2007 movie now looks like a masterpiece in comparison.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:48 PM   #134
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Surely something's gonna give, right? When this bombs and the franchise inevitably disappears for several years, when it comes back surely somebody will realize the mistakes and course correct. I wouldn't normally say that, but it really can't get much worse than this, right? Unless it miraculously over-performs and therefore does get worse.

Or am I just giving Viacom too much credit?
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:51 PM   #135
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Surely something's gonna give, right? When this bombs and the franchise inevitably disappears for several years, when it comes back surely somebody will realize the mistakes and course correct. I wouldn't normally say that, but it really can't get much worse than this, right? Unless it miraculously over-performs and therefore does get worse.

Or am I just giving Viacom too much credit?
Eventually they'll sell off the brand probably if they have too many bombs in a row. The Michael Bay movies bombed, Rise bombed (even though I think the tail-end of it was an improvement and the movie was good), and this movie will likely bomb.

Their only successes were the 2012 cartoon and IDW. And both of those are a decade old now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:48 PM   #136
IMJ
Emperor

-shrugs- I enjoyed the 2007 movie to be honest. It's easy to watch and after 20 something odd years of the Shredder that movie delivered something a little different.

The truth is that with the setup of the first movie, a sequel might've been terrific if it delivered on the Shredder's return.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:56 PM   #137
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've always said, TMNT 2007 is hands down the best TMNT sequel. Which also makes it the second best TMNT movie, by default. 15 years and running.

Most of the complaints one could throw at TMNT 2007, even the really justifiable ones, seem so trivial next to all of the many BIG things wrong with 2014, 2016 and now this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
I wouldn't normally say that, but it really can't get much worse than this, right?
The designs? Horrible.

Plot? What little we know of it, sounds horrible.

Faithfulness to the source material? Hahahahahahah!!!!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:06 PM   #138
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

How unfortunate that this is the lot of a TMNT fan. There must be a parallel universe out there where Batman is treated as nothing more than a goof-ass kids' series and the TMNT is allowed to be true to what it actually started as
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:36 PM   #139
AquaParade
Banned

TMNT 2007 universe had a ton of potential. It had an awesome style and understood the characters well. It’s too bad the antagonists are so dull. It’s like it does almost everything correctly but it’s still boring.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:45 PM   #140
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
TMNT 2007 universe had a ton of potential. It had an awesome style and understood the characters well. It’s too bad the antagonists are so dull. It’s like it does almost everything correctly but it’s still boring.
The plot was overstuffed for the limited runtime. Why have 13 monsters if you only have enough screen time for like 2, 3 at most? Why have Casey there just to be there?

The entire movie felt like padding for the Leo VS Raph match, which unfornately had Mikey and Donnie was window dressing. If Donnie wasn't the smart one, he'd have even less to do as someone else would have been the exposition dump.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tigerclawisashill