The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2023, 09:37 PM   #41
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

New quote from Kevin Eastman regarding the game.

Quote:
"Nickelodeon, who has always been a great partner and great friend to all the things in letting us do what we do, they really didn't wanna take The Last Ronin concept into full on mainstream, like a big live-action movie, something to compete with Mutant Mayhem (which is gonna be phenomenally awesome). They collectively came up with the idea of a video game because we could go all the way there. They could basically take it all the way into all things Ronin-verse. They've taken all the different drawings and moments... the stuff we've seen so far is goosebump city," said Eastman. "It's really phenomenal. They took stuff right out of the pages of the comic book."
Again, no release date and no clue who the developers working on the game are ... so definitely hope more news comes out.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:43 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

I get the feeling this game is never going to see the light of day. Doing a big 3D action game is going to strike up comparisons with God of War, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry, Batman Arkham, Sony's Spiderman games, etc. I seriously cannot see a TMNT game from some unknown developer getting those kind of production values.

And this is not even a "main" TMNT game, but based on The Last Ronin where only an older Michelangelo will be playable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:40 AM   #43
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

In all honesty, do people want a triple A game based on TLR? It's a pretty short story. I'm not sure how they could make a 30-40 hour game out of that.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:46 AM   #44
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
In all honesty, do people want a triple A game based on TLR? It's a pretty short story. I'm not sure how they could make a 30-40 hour game out of that.
Maybe they’ll expand the storyline and add classic characters like Leatherhead or even Mondo Gecko. I can imagine Ronin-verse Gecko having wavy grey hair like Green Arrow in The Dark Knight Returns.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:12 AM   #45
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm sure there are ways to work around it and sort of make it into it's own thing as well. It's kinda obvious they would have to differentiate it in some way from the original story.

I just hope Viacom doesn't put a restriction on what they can do. I rolled my eyes at what Eastman says about Nickelodeon being a good partner.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 04:39 PM   #46
Wednesday's Serial
Thug

you get most games don't have a ton of story and a ton of combat right?
Wednesday's Serial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:16 AM   #47
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Yes, just for the sake of novelty and possibility of not-FW-based TMNT game being decent.

Is it wrong?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 12:32 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Maybe they’ll expand the storyline and add classic characters like Leatherhead or even Mondo Gecko. I can imagine Ronin-verse Gecko having wavy grey hair like Green Arrow in The Dark Knight Returns.
Maybe Leatherhead. I think they still would like to make this as a pseudo Mirage thing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:31 AM   #49
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
You are aware they can turn short stories into full length adaptions, right? The game could be its own self aware thing in the universe.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:43 PM   #50
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
You are aware they can turn short stories into full length adaptions, right? The game could be its own self aware thing in the universe.

As long as it's good, I'm sold.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:28 PM   #51
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Truthfully, this thing is probably going to live and die by its developer ... and even then, we still need to see it in action.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:18 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Like I said before, "Might be cool. Seems like the kind of game that runs the risk of overpromising, will miss a few release dates, then run out of money and be dumped out without much fanfare but with bugs." And it's a conundrum. They always set out to achieve the moon but then they run out of money and time so they have to rush out something awkward and broken just to even hope to get back even some of the money they put into it. It looks like this happened with Mutants in Manhattan and it happened with Out of the Shadows (the game, not the movie). Now, what's the solution? Aim for very small and just focus on polishing it up the best they can? idk...
Old 08-11-2023, 06:13 PM   #53
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Dang it, now there's two threads going. Well here's the teaser in the original thread, haha.

Interesting to note that there's no Switch version. What has me a little concerned is the quality of stuff from the developer, Black Forest Games.

That said, I'm sure they know they can't **** this up ... so the pressure is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Time to upgrade that regardless of this game.

As a staunch Nintendo person, I am planning to buy an Xbox in the next few months. It is time.
I'm with you. I've been debating on what XBOX Series to get ... I'm thinking of dipping into the X for the storage and the ability to watch my DVDs in our living room, but I hardly ever do watch my DVDs ... so I might just settle for the Series S black edition that's coming out.
Old 08-12-2023, 02:37 AM   #54
Braeden99
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Dang it, now there's two threads going. Well here's the teaser in the original thread, haha.

Interesting to note that there's no Switch version. What has me a little concerned is the quality of stuff from the developer, Black Forest Games.

That said, I'm sure they know they can't **** this up ... so the pressure is on.
Hey, small miracles can happen. Look at Tim Miller, the director of the first Deadpool movie. He had almost nothing under his belt before doing Deadpool, and it turned out great!
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 02:46 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden99 View Post
Hey, small miracles can happen. Look at Tim Miller, the director of the first Deadpool movie. He had almost nothing under his belt before doing Deadpool, and it turned out great!
Then he did Terminator: Woke Fart.

*crickets*
Old 08-12-2023, 07:34 AM   #56
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
I've been debating on what XBOX Series to get ... I'm thinking of dipping into the X for the storage and the ability to watch my DVDs in our living room, but I hardly ever do watch my DVDs ... so I might just settle for the Series S black edition that's coming out.
There's also the PS5 which is good if you want to play the new Spider-Man.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:51 AM   #57
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
There's also the PS5 which is good if you want to play the new Spider-Man.
True, and we have a PS4 already so I'm kind of in that ecosystem ... but it's just my YouTube machine in my office now. I don't like to play any of the PS4 games I have and I haven't gotten anything on there outside of Stray.

I liked that Spider-Man game, but once I beat the story it was enough for me to be like "I get it" and didn't go back into it more. Black-Suited Spider-Man and Venom sounds enticing, but I'm not as drawn to it as a lot of other people. I think it's that Wolverine game they teased a long time ago that would get me to want to jump into the PS5 world.

But honestly, it's Game Pass that makes me want to try XBOX these days. Being able to jump in and try whatever makes me feel less bad about potentially spending the money and never jumping back into games. I think I'll always still buy games I want physically or digitally on Switch because my love of Nintendo has drastically increased since getting a Switch (and whatever the Switch 2 will be) but ya.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:46 PM   #58
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
Not much of anything from their catalog inspires confidence for me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest_Games

This is precisely why the promise of a AAA TMNT game immediately gave me pause. AAA licensed based games are not often good.
Well, and to be honest ... THQ doesn't really release AAA games, they're more AA at best, and given the developer's track record of previous games, I'm a bit more cautious on how this could end up given it does feel like a smaller team and THQ not really having a giant budget.

This made me wonder though ... who has the license now for TMNT games? Since the Activision deal, have they just dropped someone being able to have a strangle hold on the license and give it to teams who have the best ideas?
Old 08-12-2023, 04:45 PM   #59
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
But honestly, it's Game Pass that makes me want to try XBOX these days. Being able to jump in and try whatever makes me feel less bad about potentially spending the money and never jumping back into games. I think I'll always still buy games I want physically or digitally on Switch because my love of Nintendo has drastically increased since getting a Switch (and whatever the Switch 2 will be) but ya.
I decided to buy an Xbox One S around the time the new Series consoles came out but it was only because I wanted Rare Replay lol. But once I learned more about what Game Pass is about, the more intrigued I was. If you're trying to save money, an Xbox One would be the cheaper route as the system still has the service on it. Keep in mind that Game Pass is also on PC, laptops, mobile and a few other devices. I'm personally not a big Xbox guy but I'm perfectly fine with my One S. Just suggesting cheaper options for you if you're mostly interested in GP.

I'm the same with the Switch. No lie, I think I own nearly every first-party game on the system and A LOT of third-party games. Especially Sonic but I prefer to play Sonic on Nintendo consoles.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:58 PM   #60
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I decided to buy an Xbox One S around the time the new Series consoles came out but it was only because I wanted Rare Replay lol. But once I learned more about what Game Pass is about, the more intrigued I was. If you're trying to save money, an Xbox One would be the cheaper route as the system still has the service on it. Keep in mind that Game Pass is also on PC, laptops, mobile and a few other devices. I'm personally not a big Xbox guy but I'm perfectly fine with my One S. Just suggesting cheaper options for you if you're mostly interested in GP.

I'm the same with the Switch. No lie, I think I own nearly every first-party game on the system and A LOT of third-party games. Especially Sonic but I prefer to play Sonic on Nintendo consoles.
Hey thanks for help!