The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #921
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Lol I see a lot of it every day, some of them even have the "Where's George" stamp, and I always wonder where tbose have been. But the ones that concern me the most are those really dirty, battered ones, like, it make me wonder how they got that way, and for that matter, who treats money like that anyway?
Some late night on a dancers table, probaby....shudder....

another reason not to handle real money anymore.

ye old week ban ends tomorrow night. we'll see if i can find out the story on what finally broke the camels back with an iron fist.

My gut tells me one of the mods did it on their own and had a bad day when doing it......20 years, no problems...
Old 12-11-2018, 03:43 AM   #922
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I am just remembering how angry the third season of The Animals of Farthing Wood makes me and how it trashes the seriousness of the previous two seasons and wasting one of their better new characters. The feelings are rising like that scene of Jack Skellington out of the well

The feelings are back...
Old 12-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #923
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I love the Polar Express movie, and if they ever someday make a magical live action version that is going to be seriously awesome too.

That said... can we talk for a sec about Billy?

These kids live in a world where Santa, even if doubted and disbelieved as people grow older, legitimately exists.

And yet, poor Billy seems to have never gotten a Christmas up until that point in his life. Santa just doesn't come visit him for some unknown reason. Even at the North Pole when he meets him, Santa makes sure "It is Billy, right?"

So you would think that this poor kid had just fallen through the cracks somehow and been unintentionally missed and forgotten all those years.

BUT. The train does show up for Billy. As it does for other kids on the cusp of no longer believing. Therefor they DID know about him. So what the hell, Santa, that's kinda messed up.

At best, maybe that was the year they suddenly noticed he existed. But come on. They don't even admit the mistake or try to make it up to him.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #924
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

apparently using the term idiots resulted in my first ever tempa ban for one week, after 20 years of no problems.

I still think I caught someone on a bad day and they made a unilateral decision..as I see that word used elsewhere and no other posts got edited.

sigh. you have people second guessing what they post, you'll get less posters. I always am very careful with what I write, cause the internet is forever, and stand by what I say. have a problem, LMK and I'll be grudgingly edit it. iron first ruling doesn't help much these days :/.
Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM   #925
sdp
<<Virtual X-Mas Raver->>

#ifeelverystronglyaboutthis #imupset #1dietonight #bloodtears
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:16 AM   #926
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I love the Polar Express movie, and if they ever someday make a magical live action version that is going to be seriously awesome too.

That said... can we talk for a sec about Billy?

These kids live in a world where Santa, even if doubted and disbelieved as people grow older, legitimately exists.

And yet, poor Billy seems to have never gotten a Christmas up until that point in his life. Santa just doesn't come visit him for some unknown reason. Even at the North Pole when he meets him, Santa makes sure "It is Billy, right?"

So you would think that this poor kid had just fallen through the cracks somehow and been unintentionally missed and forgotten all those years.

BUT. The train does show up for Billy. As it does for other kids on the cusp of no longer believing. Therefor they DID know about him. So what the hell, Santa, that's kinda messed up.

At best, maybe that was the year they suddenly noticed he existed. But come on. They don't even admit the mistake or try to make it up to him.
This is actually kind of funny to me; my mom is the director of a preschool and has now seen the movie so many times she hates it .

But I should really re-read the Chris Van Alsberg book...his stuff is wild. Jumanji pun here