The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 03-13-2004, 09:17 AM   #1
Splinter
Radical Rat

Possible Season 3 Peek - Klunk Debut!!

It looks like we have a hint that Klunk is on the way to the new toon. Though it's not for sure. But the "Ready to Read" book series from Scolastic Books has a new series of TMNT stories coming out. Most of them are adaptions of various episodes of the toon. "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan", "Meet Casey Jones" and "The Monster Hunter". But curiously enough, in April they are releasing one that's not an adaption of an episode of the cartoon.

The story is entitled, "The Secret". And it sounds like it's the first appearance of everyone's favorite Mirage Feline. Unfortunatly it doesn't sound like Klunks debut will be in an adaption of "Michaelangelo #1". I'll have to pick this one up, it sounds quite intresting. Here's the plot synopsis and a link to the book. I wonder what Splinter's secret is? Maybe he's afraid of cats. After all, that would be a natural fear, given that he was once a normal rodent.
Quote:
Raphael gives Michaelangelo a cat for his birthday, but Splinter rules that no cats are allowed in their home. Michaelangelo decides to secretly keep the cat, but Splinter soon finds out--and reveals a secret of his own.
TMNT: The Secret

[Thanks to HayashibaraMegumi for the heads up]

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #2
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior

I think I speak for everyone when I say, "KITTY!!"

Aw, that has got to be a cute book. Do tell us more about it when you get it!
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #3
Utrom
Foot Soldier

Well, that's interesting! Do you think this means that they won't make the Michelangelo One-shot? I hope not!
Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Aww... Raph get him the cat? That's sweet. So, these're coming out in April??
Old 03-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #5
cqb101
Cinephile

KITTY

*snuggles Klunk* I must have this book!
Old 03-13-2004, 06:00 PM   #6
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

maybe this is the christmas episode? Hey If its mikeys birthday wouldnt it be Raphs Donnies and leos too?

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:48 AM   #7
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

YAY for Scholastic! My son's dying to read TMNT stories. He is a fantastic reader as it is. I hate when I have to tell him there's no TMNT books...I'm soooooo happy...I can tell him YEAH they're COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Klunk gets to see life in the toon...but Raph giving him a cat? Kinda doesn't sound like him but you never know with him. He has a soft spot somewhere under that hard shell.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:17 AM   #8
Eidiot88
Hench Mutant

I will defently be picking some of those up, for me and my neice... She loved the first movie and the new 'toon .

Shredder's Pub Returning Soon...
Eidiot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101
Hey If its mikeys birthday wouldnt it be Raphs Donnies and leos too?
yeah, theyre quadruplets, but.... they might have done something like, choose one day in the year, and that will be your 'birthday'. that way, they get to celebrate their birthdays and enjoy one special day for themselves...

This is definitely a season three ep in the making, no doubt about it. we'll have to keep an eye out for more books...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #10
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Is there a website I can go to to see the other books? That website only listed monsterhunter and secrets

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:11 PM   #11
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Check BarnesandNoble.com. I did a search on there and a lot more books came up.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:03 PM   #12
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

-falls in- Omph!

-gasp- KITTY!

I've got to get this.. Raph's only nice once in a blue moon, Lol.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #13
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Amen! I've got to get these, too...Turtle nut that I am. And Jo Dawn, thanks for the heads-up on barnesandnoble.com; I'll check the website out later. And, luckily for me, Springfield, MO, about two hours away from where I live, just happens to HAVE a Barnes & Noble Bookstore located in it. Gotta check it out the next time we go up there. Hmmmm, wonder if the store will be carrying the TMNT books? If they have them, I'mm probably wind up walking out of the store flat broke, knowing me!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
YAY for Scholastic! My son's dying to read TMNT stories. He is a fantastic reader as it is. I hate when I have to tell him there's no TMNT books...I'm soooooo happy...I can tell him YEAH they're COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there are some....just old ones....chapter books even....i had some...but got rid of them a while ago since i'm now 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101
Hey If its mikeys birthday wouldnt it be Raphs Donnies and leos too?
yeah, theyre quadruplets, but.... they might have done something like, choose one day in the year, and that will be your 'birthday'. that way, they get to celebrate their birthdays and enjoy one special day for themselves...
Well...do they really have to be quadruplets....i mean just cause their brothers doesn't mean the share a birthday and besides they might be only siblings through splinter "We're petshop turtles, born and breed on a turtle farm." though that might have been a ploy for the boys to fall for the girl tmnt in NM

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:52 AM   #15
nibrok
New Recruit

turtles books

I am only 15 but ive been watching the turtle since i was 4 or so and i still cant get enough of them. I have some of the old old books of theirs (The abc's of a clean planet for one) and i cant wait to get the new ones.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #16
nibrok
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Amen! I've got to get these, too...Turtle nut that I am. And Jo Dawn, thanks for the heads-up on barnesandnoble.com; I'll check the website out later. And, luckily for me, Springfield, MO, about two hours away from where I live, just happens to HAVE a Barnes & Noble Bookstore located in it. Gotta check it out the next time we go up there. Hmmmm, wonder if the store will be carrying the TMNT books? If they have them, I'mm probably wind up walking out of the store flat broke, knowing me!
i love that picture of yours i remember that episode pretty well.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

i had a book called Red Herring....i don't know if u can find it anywhere....maybe e-bay

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:02 PM   #18
Gremlin
Foot Soldier

Sorry if I come in here and break up all your happiness about this Klunk thingie... But who the hell is that character and what makes it so special?
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #19
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin
Sorry if I come in here and break up all your happiness about this Klunk thingie... But who the hell is that character and what makes it so special?
Klunk is Mikey's pet cat from Mirage that he found while he was shopping for Christmas gifts for his Brothers and Splinter. Here's a quick synopsis. And follow the link for more information.

Klunk was originally discovered by Michaelangelo in a snowstorm just after the Turtles returned from their journey across D’hoonib, Triceraton space, and the Utrom homeworld, when Mike went out Christmas shopping. He stayed with the Turtles in April O’Neil’s "Second Time Around" store until the Foot Clan burned it down. He then moved with them to Casey Jones’ farm in Northampton and stayed there until they moved back to Manhattan. Klunk since remained in April’s apartment complex, staying with April, Casey, and Casey’s stepdaughter, Shadow. He later went into hiding in the Turtles’ mausoleum lair in Westwood Cemetery with them, when Shadow’s safety became jeopardized, but that was only temporary.

http://members.fortunecity.com/neodevilbane/klunk.html

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:56 PM   #20
Bourgeois Buffoon
Foot Soldier

Heh heh heh. Keedy.

Naw, really, Klunk is cool. I can only hope they make fun of Mikey's naming albility.