The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

Canadian Toy Sightings

Perhaps we can sticky this thread? Everyone in the U.S. are waves ahead of us in the Nickelodeon series. This thread may seem pointless to those outside of Canada, but this would be a nice organized way for everyone in this country to know of when items come here instead of searching for hours in several different threads to find it.

So to add to this thread :

The Movie turtles are the most recent things that I've seen since the Stealth Tech Turtles/MOUSERS.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
snooz
Foot Soldier

Great idea. I'm always asking if anyone has found this or that new line anywhere in Canada but the posts often get buried among other discussions. Most recently, I've asked two times if anyone has seen the 1990 movie figures at a TRU in Canada yet. I haven't come across them yet, other than in collector shops for $35 each. I am not willing to pay that much

I did find some Hikari figures tonight at a collector shop in Edmonton (Collector's Edge, WEM). I know they still have some of the glitter Raph's in stock.
snooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #3
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooz View Post
Most recently, I've asked two times if anyone has seen the 1990 movie figures at a TRU in Canada yet. I haven't come across them yet, other than in collector shops for $35 each. I am not willing to pay that much
I haven't found them yet! I'm not sure if I even want to get them, but I'll be able to make my decision if they're actually in my hands at a Toys R Us or something.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Yes finally somewhere for us "snow birds" to meet together
I found a couple of the strafe shell turtles at Walmart in Burlington yesterday
Only found Mike and Don
But at least we're finally seeing a new wave ( only 9 months late)
Anyone else notice the pegs being Barron since the movie came out?
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
cloud
Stone Warrior

Yeah. The Canadian distribution is a joke.
I want to get the Half Shell Heroes toys and I would probably have to make a trip to the States next week to get them.

Side note. There is a new promotion going on at the TRU.ca where you spend $50 on TMNT toy you get a free comic style black and white Raphael figure that was first available at this years SDCC.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
snooz
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Yeah. The Canadian distribution is a joke.
I want to get the Half Shell Heroes toys and I would probably have to make a trip to the States next week to get them.

Side note. There is a new promotion going on at the TRU.ca where you spend $50 on TMNT toy you get a free comic style black and white Raphael figure that was first available at this years SDCC.
I saw that. I am trying to decide if I am willing to pay $50 for that figure, because there is nothing on TRU.ca that I want. I wish they had the new 1990 movie figures on there because I would buy those and score the SDCC Raph
Old 08-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
cloud
Stone Warrior

Yeah. But I just think of it as a gift with purchase of $50. It's way more reasonable than what Playmates charges at the con. I think it was $24 or something?

I'm not sure if I should pick up a movie turtles Lego set or 2 11" movie figures.

Like you said, not a lot to choose from in the TRU.ca website
Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooz View Post
I saw that. I am trying to decide if I am willing to pay $50 for that figure, because there is nothing on TRU.ca that I want. I wish they had the new 1990 movie figures on there because I would buy those and score the SDCC Raph
Thanks for the information! I'm not too crazy about the black and white Raph, I'm more eager to pick up the comic styled figures that Playmates will release later on (probably in a few years by the time it gets to Canada )
Old 08-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
cloud
Stone Warrior

Being it as an SDCC exclusive that was overpriced and now we have a chance to own it for a more reasonable price. That's why I would try to get one.
I wonder if Playmates have plans to release a black and white figure every year as an exclusive or this is it. They only made 1 shadow Leo but I'm guess it's mostly due to low sales. They are just too over price for something that's not that great.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #10
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Last weekend Walmart got the new waves of figures here in Moncton. Got Rahzar, Slash, Shredder 2, and, Battle Shell Raph. Will get the other Battle Shell turtles over the next few months. Wished I picked up Newtralizer though cause the next day he was gone. Same with Spider Bytes but no hurry there. These are going to be for Christmas for my sons so as long as I can get them by then it is fine. Hoping that we will soon get the LARP turtles cause I prefer not to import from the US but I will if I have to. That was the case for the wave with Mutagen Man, Casey Jones, etc., which also came out here last week.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #11
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
Last weekend Walmart got the new waves of figures here in Moncton. Got Rahzar, Slash, Shredder 2, and, Battle Shell Raph. Will get the other Battle Shell turtles over the next few months. Wished I picked up Newtralizer though cause the next day he was gone. Same with Spider Bytes but no hurry there. These are going to be for Christmas for my sons so as long as I can get them by then it is fine. Hoping that we will soon get the LARP turtles cause I prefer not to import from the US but I will if I have to. That was the case for the wave with Mutagen Man, Casey Jones, etc., which also came out here last week.
That's crazy that you guys already have that wave.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #12
snooz
Foot Soldier

I still have never seen the battle shell turtles. Very annoying
Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
cloud
Stone Warrior

The battle shell turtles are starting to show up in Canada. I live in BC and the past weekend I saw TRU restocked with new figures from the battle shell turtles to version 2 Shredder and Spiderbite.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #14
Darrylb
Random Punk

I just picked up a newtralizer, mutagen man yesterday at metrotown TRU, and Casey jones and shredder II last week in surrey TRU. Looks like BC is right on par with eastern Canada.

BTW. The mutagen man I found was hidden deep in behind some plush dolls, newtralizer was behind all the movie turtles.
The guy at the register looked kinda choked when he saw me with them.
Darrylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #15
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Just got the 4 battle shells, Casey, Mutagen man, Squirrel-noid, razar, slash, newtralizer.
Saw for the first time spiderbytes, kirby bat
Only thing missing was Shredder 2
All found at walmart in Burlington Ontario
Also saw the New Adventures Mini comics at Toys R Us
Were finally starting to catch up
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #16
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrylb View Post
I just picked up a newtralizer, mutagen man yesterday at metrotown TRU, and Casey jones and shredder II last week in surrey TRU. Looks like BC is right on par with eastern Canada.

BTW. The mutagen man I found was hidden deep in behind some plush dolls, newtralizer was behind all the movie turtles.
The guy at the register looked kinda choked when he saw me with them.
That's awesome! The guy must have been waiting till after work to scoop them up

Last edited by nellyp; 09-04-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #17
Darrylb
Random Punk

Someone has found the sewer play set on clearance at target in Quebec. Any word if the clearance is out west?
Darrylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #18
beeshaw
Hench Mutant

Finally saw a few Storage Shell Turtles (only a couple Leo's though?), Casey Jones, Mutagen Man, Spider Bytes, Kirby Bat, a couple Shredder 2.0 and a Squirrelnoid in my neck of the woods (East of Toronto)!! Was kind of excited to see something more than just the 4 Turtles and the Turtles in Training.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #19
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
what store was that?

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #20
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Ever since the 2 walmarts here in Moncton got that 1 shipment of new figures they sold them and replenished with old stock again, so frustrating...They got the stretch and shout turtles and the interactive talking turtles since then and this week the 3 new wind up turtles so they get some toys super fast but the basic figures are moving at a turtles pace (non-mutated variety of course) Yet today after checking and being disappointed about the basic figures I see that they got the new Turtle Blimp!!

They can get the turtle blimps but not a 2nd shipment of figures?