The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #41
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

If anything Leia was the first mainstream, big-budget, genre franchise character to popularize the one token female is enough trope. One-quarter is not the same as 1/2.

If folks want to hold up a female character as an example of how to make female-lead movies, a better example is Ripley. She was at least actual the main protagonist of her flick.

Or Sarah Connor.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #42
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
War on negativity?!... are we looking at the same internet? If anything I see a celebration of negativity; an entire economy built around negativity. Look at YouTube - every other video features someone ripping something to shreds for the amusement of others, and with any luck, fat stack of Google dollars.

Old media is the same; just a bunch of psychopaths having one way conversations, and either shouting or laughing derisively at people for the edification of their rage-addicted patrons.

If you're noticing a backlash against negativity, it may be from people who have had a gut-full of it. There is so much negativity around, that your contribution may be the straw that broke the camel's back. It's OK to dislike things, but once you've made that clear it's time to ask yourself if you have anything else to contribute to the conversation. If you're just reaffirming your dislike, then maybe find something more constructive to do.

Something also worth considering is that when people appear outwardly positive, and perhaps overly positive, they may be keeping their more negative opinions to themselves for various reasons. Maybe they don't think they're worth adding to the conversation, or maybe they don't want to throw a wet blanket over other people's fun. Maybe they detest the things you like, but they're too polite to bring it up.

that there is. what i'm mostly focusing on, is what people deem as a negativity. mainly, something they don't like. and if it's something they don't personally like, they tend to go ape crap, or insulting on you, where as not more than 5 years earlier, it either would have been ignored, or responded to totally normally, or differently.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #43
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The greatest irony is that people against negativity respond to it with even more negativity.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #44
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The greatest irony is that people against negativity respond to it with even more negativity.
That's because only attention seeking tools enjoy crapping on things, rather than saying: I don't like this thing and here's why.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #45
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
bingo.

and it's usually not intelligent negativity. it's 'you insulted something i like, so i throw some buzz words at you, insult you personally, and move on, thinking this proves my point' ;o)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
bingo.

and it's usually not intelligent negativity. it's 'you insulted something i like, so i throw some buzz words at you, insult you personally, and move on, thinking this proves my point' ;o)
Oh no, you triggered bro? Want some fries for all that salt?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #47
Vegita-San
Emperor

I wish i payed more attention to buzz words to brilliantly reply to that, but i've learned to block them all out.

you would have gotten a 100% if you used the more annoying 'bruh' though. Like someone is too lazy to type out bro and it takes more work with one extra letter ;o)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:08 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Or Sarah Connor.
She died of leukemia.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #49
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
She died of leukemia.
are you sure it wasn't a tooma?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #50
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
She died of leukemia.
Not in the only good movie of that series, she didn't.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #51
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
that there is. what i'm mostly focusing on, is what people deem as a negativity. mainly, something they don't like. and if it's something they don't personally like, they tend to go ape crap, or insulting on you, where as not more than 5 years earlier, it either would have been ignored, or responded to totally normally, or differently.
Cough*8 years ago*cough

Lol. In all seriousness, most of the people that jumped up my @$$ for not liking the Bay movies (and MOS/BvS) only had to say "but I liked it" or "get over it" or some other such version of their opinion... but nothing to the point of the writing or costume design or anything like that...

I don't care if people like films or anything I don't like, but cussin me out or calling me crazy doesn't help your cause at all.

Party on dudes.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Cough*8 years ago*cough

Lol. In all seriousness, most of the people that jumped up my @$$ for not liking the Bay movies (and MOS/BvS) only had to say "but I liked it" or "get over it" or some other such version of their opinion... but nothing to the point of the writing or costume design or anything like that...

I don't care if people like films or anything I don't like, but cussin me out or calling me crazy doesn't help your cause at all.

Party on dudes.
Exactly. Some movies are just... bad. And it's ok to say so even if it's based on some preexisting property some people want so desperately to succeed. And you can be a fan but not be obligated at gunpoint to like every single thing that comes out.

Again, I don't see anyone shouting 'you're not a real Marvel fan!!' for not liking the last Fant4Stic movie, nor is anyone saying 'you're not a real DC fan!!' For not liking Green Lantern Ryan Reynolds cgi show.

Although the DC fans have been frothing at the mouth lately but their movies just haven't been that good. I did like Man of Steel, but he deserved a true sequel. BvS was a mess. The Squad was good but didn't need the Joker except flashbacks, and it would have fared better not being connected to the DCCU.

Wonder Woman, i want to be good. I want it to succeed. However its has being part of the DCCU mess going against it and honestly, she had no business being in BVS. This should be her big solo standalone film and i hope it's awesome. Batman had like 7 standalone movies, Wondie can't have at least one without it being connected to the Justice League?

But if it flops, I can already hear 'you're not a true DC fan!!' and 'you're sexist and only hate it cause a woman is in the lead role' comments that will be flooding all over social media.

And that's the sheep mentality. You're to like/hate what everyone else does because it's what's currently #trending or there's something wrong with you. You can only change your mind if it suddenly becomes #cool to do so. Hell you can even say #thoughtBayTurtlessuckedbeforeitwascool. It's nonsense. Don't follow the trends. Just do you.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 04-27-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #53
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Exactly. Some movies are just... bad. And it's ok to say so even if it's based on some preexisting property some people want so desperately to succeed. And you can be a fan but not be obligated at gunpoint to like every single thing that comes out.

Again, I don't see anyone shouting 'you're not a real Marvel fan!!' for not liking the last Fant4Stic movie, nor is anyone saying 'you're not a real DC fan!!' For not liking Green Lantern Ryan Reynolds cgi show.

Although the DC fans have been frothing at the mouth lately but their movies just haven't been that good. I did like Man of Steel, but he deserved a true sequel. BvS was a mess. The Squad was good but didn't need the Joker except flashbacks, and it would have fared better not being connected to the DCCU.

Wonder Woman, i want to be good. I want it to succeed. However its has being part of the DCCU mess going against it and honestly, she had no business being in BVS. This should be her big solo standalone film and i hope it's awesome. Batman had like 7 standalone movies, Wondie can't have at least one without it being connected to the Justice League?

But if it flops, I can already hear 'you're not a true DC fan!!' and 'you're sexist and only hate it cause a woman is in the lead role' comments that will be flooding all over social media.

oh, those have already started.

on other forums, some people are already frothing at the mouth just WAITING for someone to say something they deem wrong so they can attack them for it.

I'd like wonder woman to be good too. and it's also time for a batgirl movie. but i don't want it because some women feel the need for a power trip and produce a movie just to produce a movie. or some men like that, for that matter too... i want it to becoming out naturally and planned and well thought out and with people who care about the property.

but s adly that also happens less and less these days.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Everything is about some kind of agenda nowadays.

Yo Hollywood if the reason for releasing a movie based on 'xyz' is for any other reason than 'xyz is awesome, it would make an awesome movie' then you're already doing it wrong.

Sure money is the name of the game, but for some reason they keep forgetting that great movies make boatloads.

Can you imagine how much more the Bayformers movies would make if they were actually good? Stupid rich indeed.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #55
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

This thread title is dumb

There is no WAR wow wtf way to be over-dramatic about people on the internet disagreeing with you about a thing, get over it
Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #56
Vegita-San
Emperor

that's exactly the kind of reaction that prompted this thread ;o)

just rephrase that into a movie review thread reply.

like this.

'I'm not a fan of the new star wars. i feel that it retreads things too much and it's not covering new ground. but over all, i enjoyed it'...

'Wow, your opinion sucks. i spit on your grave and everything you stand for. you're also a jerk. I loved the movie, and i can't wait for more! why can't we all have the same opinion?'

now, imagine that 25 times a day, and enjoy the reason for the thread
Old 04-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #57
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I literally said none of those things. I said your thread title is dumb and you should get over yourself. You go into areas where people talk about those things and expect good responses when you fling ****? Are you MAD?

At least I fully expect angry responses when I say 2k12 sucks
Old 04-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #58
DarthRaphael

Responding negatively to troll thread by locking it.

I edit your posts
Closed Thread