The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 05:00 AM   #621
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Adventure have that "light speed dash" (ready...Go!) right? I like both.

In term of speed, boost wins of course.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #622
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

So, the SXSW Sonic panel discussion is happening today!

What are your thoughts?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #623
Ninjinister
無問題

S'pretty neat.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #624
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Time to double dip.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #625
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Omg you guys!! New Sonic toon Mania style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

Want more Sonic animation? You're getting it. Sonic Mania Adventures will bring you five short episodes this year, all free! Here’s a sneak peek:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/s...739289088?s=21
Old 03-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #626
sdp
-

Looks like aga might learn the right lesson from manĂ­a's success and Force's failure.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #627
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Sega Teases New Sonic Racing Game, Not A Sequel
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-a-sequel.aspx

I guess that rumor of a new Sonic racing game a while back was true

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #628
sdp
-

I just hope Sega learns from the lessons of sonic mania that they need to have classic sonic as the face of the franchise. It's just a classic design that modern sonic can't re-create and it also doesn't have all the baggage of "bad" sonic for whatever reason, it's the way to go.

It won't be easy as more generations have grown up with modern sonic than classic sonic and already online they're b-tching and whining that classic sonic is only appealing to nostalgia **** and whatnot. I think modern sonic is cool too and shouldn't be phased out completely but the way forward is with classic sonic.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #629
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Sega Teases New Sonic Racing Game, Not A Sequel
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-a-sequel.aspx

I guess that rumor of a new Sonic racing game a while back was true
It's actually Sonic & Sega All-Star Raging, a crossover fighting game.

#amancandream
Old 03-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #630
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I just hope Sega learns from the lessons of sonic mania that they need to have classic sonic as the face of the franchise. It's just a classic design that modern sonic can't re-create and it also doesn't have all the baggage of "bad" sonic for whatever reason, it's the way to go.
Of course the same thing could happen to Classic Sonic if Sonic Forces is any indication.

I don't think it matters if Sega focuses on Classic or Modern Sonic, what matters is if the games are fun and well thought out. One of the biggest problems with Sonic is he's a very unique series that needs a very different thought process to create compared to other platformers...and Sega usually keeps giving the series to people that don't fully understand what makes Sonic so fun and special. If Taxman and Stealth continue to work on the Classic series then I have no doubt that the Classic series can continue to be fun, popular and successful...so long as Sega/Sonic Team gives them the freedom, time and budget they need. The three things that most Sonic game development is very limited in.
Quote:
It won't be easy as more generations have grown up with modern sonic than classic sonic.
You say that, but during the SXSW panel they had a Q&A and there were plenty of questions about the Classic series from kids 11 and under such as "Why doesn't Hyper Sonic appear in future games?" or asking why the music was changed for the Sonic & Knuckles PC collection. The younger generation seems to show just as much interest in the Classic series as the Modern series. Don't forget that compilations like Sonic Mega Collection or Sonic Classic Collection reintroduced generations of kids to the classic series.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #631
sdp
-

Having been raised by modern sonic doesn't mean they never played or appreciate classic sonic, it's just that you tend to fall in love with the first version you know of something.

But in a random discussion I was met with so many die hard modern sonic fans and they dismissed anyone saying anything related to classic sonic as nostalgia goggles which is odd. Treating them similar to "Genwunners" in Pokemon. So yeah, so many people have grown up with modern sonic they see it as their go to Sonic and hate that Sega is trying to make classic sonic stuff because it's getting positive attention.

Now, I love modern sonic and feel it gets too much hate. I enjoy the games even if flawed and i like the designs. They really were a more modern version of the character and gave him the attitude he once had with the classic design but kind of lost. I do think modern sonic doesn't seem that "modern" anymore and even the Sonic Boom design didn't give it new life but whatever. I'm not against modern Sonic or modern Sonic games. I just think as a mascot and something iconic that looks "classic" it's just better to have classic Sonic.

The sonic fandom is too divided to ever have something everyone likes so there'll never be a game everyone praises, even Sonic Mania was just called a rehash by many which isn't entirely false. The little I played of Forces was fine, nothing new but fine.

I don't know, I'd like to see classic sonic as the face of the franchise again, you can make modern story focused games with modern sonic, which can incorporate the huge cast of characters as playable, the boost mechanic when it's in 2D etc. And also simpler games with classic sonic, hell maybe a new take on 3D sonic with classic sonic like those fan mods to make it more platforming style instead of constant boost. Have spin-offs and other appearances with classic Sonic.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:52 PM   #632
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Spoiler:
Having been raised by modern sonic doesn't mean they never played or appreciate classic sonic, it's just that you tend to fall in love with the first version you know of something.

But in a random discussion I was met with so many die hard modern sonic fans and they dismissed anyone saying anything related to classic sonic as nostalgia goggles which is odd. Treating them similar to "Genwunners" in Pokemon. So yeah, so many people have grown up with modern sonic they see it as their go to Sonic and hate that Sega is trying to make classic sonic stuff because it's getting positive attention.

Now, I love modern sonic and feel it gets too much hate. I enjoy the games even if flawed and i like the designs. They really were a more modern version of the character and gave him the attitude he once had with the classic design but kind of lost. I do think modern sonic doesn't seem that "modern" anymore and even the Sonic Boom design didn't give it new life but whatever. I'm not against modern Sonic or modern Sonic games. I just think as a mascot and something iconic that looks "classic" it's just better to have classic Sonic.

The sonic fandom is too divided to ever have something everyone likes so there'll never be a game everyone praises, even Sonic Mania was just called a rehash by many which isn't entirely false. The little I played of Forces was fine, nothing new but fine.

I don't know, I'd like to see classic sonic as the face of the franchise again, you can make modern story focused games with modern sonic, which can incorporate the huge cast of characters as playable, the boost mechanic when it's in 2D etc. And also simpler games with classic sonic, hell maybe a new take on 3D sonic with classic sonic like those fan mods to make it more platforming style instead of constant boost. Have spin-offs and other appearances with classic Sonic.

That's not gonna work. That will dilute the overall franchise brand.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #633
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So this is Tyson Hesse (lead artist/animator in Sonic Mania & upcoming Sonic IDW comic) in 2012 vs 2018. He's ****ing ripped oh my God!! #inspiration

Old 03-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #634
The Deadman
Foot Elite

^ Well that was completely off topic....

Sonic's origin revealed...sorta
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/...g-lost-secrets

Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #635
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Stay tune tomorrow!
Quote:
The 1st episode is coming tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/rubyeclipse/stat...881065986?s=21

Good news: Sonic Mania Adventures: Part 1 is coming out tomorrow! Stay tuned to @sonic_hedgehog and Sonic on YouTube to see it first!
Old 03-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #636
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yall it’s here!

Quote:
It’s out!

Old 04-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #637
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Finished Sonic Forces and I'm going to say that it's a game that gets undeserved hate. It's pretty short but it's a blast to play. Gonna try out the Shadow episodes soon.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:13 AM   #638
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Did you download the free Super Sonic dlc? It can help you on the time trials for S ranks should you need it.

I S-ranked all levels, now I’m left with missions.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:50 AM   #639
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Finished Sonic Forces and I'm going to say that it's a game that gets undeserved hate. It's pretty short but it's a blast to play. Gonna try out the Shadow episodes soon.
"Undeserved"... Um, the game plays itself way too often and levels end just when you think they're getting good. Boss battles are bland and forgettable and the story is so half-assed. It's okay if you enjoy the game, and for what it's worth, it's not nearly as bad as 06 and Unleashed, but it's not exactly as good as the others either. But to say it's getting undeserved hate is just a total lie. Sonic can be better than this and has been better too.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:37 AM   #640
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Tags
paperbrookneedsfreshair, sega, sonic