The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #21
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Awesome project, Rich. This is a milestone issue I just can't pass up. Pledged.
Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Awesome! Pity I was at my girlfriend's last night during launch (and still am actually) and missed the $100 tier, might have pledged to that. Waiting to see who it might be
Sorry man. I had no idea that it would sell out that quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Less than 24 hours and the goal has been doubled, so cool.
Really amazing! Keep spreading the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
is 1000 still the minimum RE print run?
Typically it is. For this project, the minimum will be 1,000 copies but if we were to sell out (or come close to selling out) the entire Kickstarter copies (900) by the end of the campaign, then I'd likely do a higher print run.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Pledged! Cool idea!

A little bummed I missed out on the $100 tier. I'm not sure if this is an option, but perhaps you could persuade the artist to do some sketches on any blank interior pages for an even higher tier. I know I'd pick one up. Just a thought.

Thanks, Rich!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #23
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Pledged! Cool idea!

A little bummed I missed out on the $100 tier. I'm not sure if this is an option, but perhaps you could persuade the artist to do some sketches on any blank interior pages for an even higher tier. I know I'd pick one up. Just a thought.

Thanks, Rich!
I'll see what I can do. I set the hand-colored tier to the max. amount the artist was willing to hand-color but I can investigate doing something additional.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:31 AM   #24
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

I'm in for a copy Rich.
Great project.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #25
funatic
Mad Scientist

What a great milestone issue to celebrate, rich! I remember way back when you were polling the masses on here for what they like to see in a variant cover. Glad to see it coming to fruition! Will the cover pay homage to it's record-breaking status?

A little curious why you're not revealing the artist though? If I had to take a guess I'd say it's Lavigne—he's a big Mirage name but his art isn't always highly sought after so maybe that's why you're keeping it secret... and that hand-colored top pledge tier sounds right up his ally with all the great coloring work I've seen him do on other artist's inks. Just my guess, no need to confirm or deny!

I'll definitely be on board no matter who it is or what it looks like! Your site is such a valuable resource, and with all your awesome work delivering the Odyssey books out, I'm happy to throw some greenbacks your way. Looking at how you've more than doubled your goal already, I think many here feel the same. Maybe it's time to consider some STRECH GOALS now to really incentivize and knock this thing out of the park!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #26
rich
Mad Scientist

Thanks to everyone for all the support. You're all awesome and I'm excited to make this project a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Awesome! Pity I was at my girlfriend's last night during launch (and still am actually) and missed the $100 tier, might have pledged to that. Waiting to see who it might be
In just a bit I will be making an additional 24 copies of the hand-colored tier available. The artist has agreed to do 50 but, I'm only going to sell 49 since yours truly needs a copy.

Quote:
is 1000 still the minimum RE print run?
1,000 is usually the standard minimum for an RE. Where I think it varies is depending on deals that IDW makes with individuals doing multiple covers or other stuff like that.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #27
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the support. You're all awesome and I'm excited to make this project a reality.

In just a bit I will be making an additional 24 copies of the hand-colored tier available. The artist has agreed to do 50 but, I'm only going to sell 49 since yours truly needs a copy.
So what is this hand colored edition? Is it like a sketch cover?
Old 04-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #28
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

So those that thought they pledged for a 1 of 25 variant are now actually pledged to a 1 of 50. Okay I understand making them available to more folks and spreading the TMNT love. It is about celebrating the milestone.

Perhaps look at the order pledges came in at and make numbered copies. So the first pledge to the $100 tier would receive #1 of 50. Make it a little more right with the first 25.

Thanks for listening Rich and considering this option.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #29
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

So does that mean the cover is b&w?

I suggest some sort or COA of get a facilitator involved and get these CGCSS...... what's to stop say....me.....from just coloring one?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #30
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Yeah, after the added copies of the hand-colored one, I broke down and got it. It's going to be a nice little comic to have.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #31
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
So those that thought they pledged for a 1 of 25 variant are now actually pledged to a 1 of 50. Okay I understand making them available to more folks and spreading the TMNT love. It is about celebrating the milestone.

Perhaps look at the order pledges came in at and make numbered copies. So the first pledge to the $100 tier would receive #1 of 50. Make it a little more right with the first 25.

Thanks for listening Rich and considering this option.
Totally understandable... and I had concerns about adding more to this tier for just the reason you mentioned. But, quite honestly, I completely underestimated the demand for these hand-colored copies and felt an additional 25 would still keep this to a very limited collectible.

I will absolutely take your idea into consideration for the numbering aspect of these. I really like that idea. I don't see a reason I couldn't have the artist hand number these and distribute them to backers in the order backed. Appreciate your feedback on this.

Quote:

I suggest some sort or COA of get a facilitator involved and get these CGCSS...... what's to stop say....me.....from just coloring one?
The cover will be B&W. It's a good point you make about coloring. As was suggested by @TurtleWA, I think the hand-colored copies will get a hand-numbered designation by the artist. I am looking into the possibility of offering the option of CGC Signature Series labels for any signed or hand-colored copies but I'm still in early stages of working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Yeah, after the added copies of the hand-colored one, I broke down and got it. It's going to be a nice little comic to have.
Awesome! I agree...these will be a nice unique collectible.

Last edited by rich; 04-16-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #32
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:

Yeah I also sent a pm a few days ago about CGC.

I love the way encapsulated books look and wasn't sure if I could get it authenticated after receiving it due to the fact I could just sign/color it myself.

What's the largest comic convention in Colorado? In theory couldn't Rich fly the artist to that con where most likely a CGC representative would be attending.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #33
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I love the way encapsulated books look and wasn't sure if I could get it authenticated after receiving it due to the fact I could just sign/color it myself.

What's the largest comic convention in Colorado? In theory couldn't Rich fly the artist to that con where most likely a CGC representative would be attending.
There would be a couple of ways this could be done. The artist can directly mail the finished books to the facilitator (of those that want them CGC'd). Also since I am assuming said artist is either in New England of California, there are plenty of facilitators that could just pick them up from them. Both would need to be OK'd by CGC first though.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #34
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Quote:

Denver Comic Con is our big one around here. But it's happening before #73 comes out.
I'm going to try and see what I can make happen with the CGC stuff. What would you typically expect to pay extra to get a CGC Signature Series if I added that as an option?

Old 04-16-2017, 02:57 PM   #35
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There would be a couple of ways this could be done. The artist can directly mail the finished books to the facilitator (of those that want them CGC'd). Also since I am assuming said artist is either in New England of California, there are plenty of facilitators that could just pick them up from them. Both would need to be OK'd by CGC first though.
I'm going to hit you up on some assistance with the CGC aspect of this. I know you've dealt with this quite a bit in the past. I'll be in touch soon. Thanks for all your input !

Old 04-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #36
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Denver Comic Con is our big one around here. But it's happening before #73 comes out.
I'm going to try and see what I can make happen with the CGC stuff. What would you typically expect to pay extra to get a CGC Signature Series if I added that as an option?
Most charge $75 to pick up a sketch at a con, have it graded, fast tracked w/ return shipping. I would expect if they were picking them up from bulk someplace or getting them mailed to them it would be more like $60ish
Old 04-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #37
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to hit you up on some assistance with the CGC aspect of this. I know you've dealt with this quite a bit in the past. I'll be in touch soon. Thanks for all your input !
The thought of CGC involvement as well as individually number by artist has quadrupled my excitement for these!
Old 04-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #38
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'll do everything I can to help!
Old 04-16-2017, 06:32 PM   #39
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Rich,

I'd be more than happy to help out you and Nick if you want to go the CGC SS route. Just let me know if you need anything.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #40
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't collect variants but you're a good dude so I'm glad this was a success. Congrats!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote