The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 12:47 AM   #10221
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Aaaaaanyway...

I finally got up the courage to play Breath of the Wild, for the first time since...July. That was when I tried to defeat Waterblight Ganon and he'd always tear me limb from limb. Then an hour ago, I was just keeping at it, and keeping at it, and keeping at it. Then I finally whupped him. It's crazy how he can take you out with just one or two hits. Now I have to stock up on food again to prepare for the next battle.
Are you going straight for the Divine Beasts? Because I'd recommend pursuing those after having built up your inventory and upgrading your hearts. I also find that bomb arrows to the face are extremely useful against the Ganons.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:17 AM   #10222
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Are you going straight for the Divine Beasts? Because I'd recommend pursuing those after having built up your inventory and upgrading your hearts. I also find that bomb arrows to the face are extremely useful against the Ganons.
I don't know about going straight for them, but I've just been going with the flow. I ended up in Zora's Domain, and my life gauge consisted of five hearts. I even checked the player's guide to see if I should have more, but the pictures had just three hearts. Now that's crazy, but I'd even look up walkthrough videos on YouTube for help, and the players' life gauges also had five hearts like I did, or even four. So I figured that I might be on the right track, even if Waterblight Ganon could take me out quickly. Besides, the Hinoxes and Lynels I've been coming across are capable of doing the same thing, except I decided to just avoid fighting them. I just figured it was normal, albeit annoying.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #10223
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Luigi's Mansion remake announced for 3DS
https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/971869638786240512

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #10224
Vegita-San
Emperor

yay

Was hoping for a portable of the original, but I'll take a remake. I'll also take a Super Mario 64 remake. I never cared for the latter originally, since I usually don't like 'roaming' games. I'd like to revisit it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #10225
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Yesss!!! I've played the sequel (Dark Moon), now I finally get to play the original ... All on my 3DS!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #10226
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Crash Bandicoot coming to Switch!!

http://bit.ly/2p0XqfD

And Super Smash Bros on Switch too! Finally!

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/03/0...witch-in-2018/
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #10227
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

Really excited to see Crash N. Sane Trilogy on Switch, not only do I finally get to play it but I now know what to get my niece for her birthday.

I'm really glad Captain Toad is getting released on Switch, now I just need Super Mario 3D World and the original Splatoon on Switch so I never have to bother tracking down a Wii U in the future.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #10228
Turo602
The King of Kings

In case anyone missed it.

Far too little info on Smash Bros. to care. I'm happy that it's finally coming to Switch, but I'm not foaming at the mouth for it either just yet.

However, I'm really excited about Crash Bandicoot and Little Nightmares coming to the Switch. I own both already on different platforms, but I honestly don't mind double dipping on Crash for the portability of it (which really means so I can lay my lazy ass down in bed and play it without having to position myself towards the TV) and I haven't gotten the DLC for Little Nightmares yet, and to be honest, the Switch was my preferred console to get the game on from the beginning, so I'm definitely picking it up.

I've also been meaning to try Okami for the longest and was willing to give it a go on either Xbox or PS4 at some point, but the Switch just seems way more ideal now.

Kirby and Mario Tennis are games I've been interested in since they were announced, though they're not exactly priority titles for me. I'll pick them up whenever they're cheaper or wait to receive them as gifts. Same with Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad.

Also, hell yeah, Luigi's Mansion on 3DS! I'll take any excuse to play that game again and it's definitely nice to have both titles on the same system.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #10229
Ninjinister
無問題

I wonder why we keep getting re-releases of Okami but never any of Okamiden. Granted, more work would have to go into that, but they could start selling them as a bundle or something.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #10230
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Fingers crossed for Little Mac in the next Smash

Last edited by PApagreg; 03-08-2018 at 10:04 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:21 PM   #10231
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That was a great direct, of course it means no more directs until E3.

The 3DS getting "easy" to make titles I think is mostly in case the Switch had failed they needed something to keep the 3DS alive while scrambling for a new handheld.

No VC, so yeah it's definitely only going to be tied to the online service.

Mario Tennis looks like a lot of fun, I really hope Pauline makes it in and she
becomes a new recurring spin-off character. The fact that they barely mentioned storymode I'm guessing means it'll be rather bare bones so those like me who were expecting a GBC/GBA Mario Tennis story mode should begin to set expectations low unless we want to be disappointed.

Man, I feel like getting Splatoon, I had fun with the Wii U version but I don't know how much I'd play it.

In other news I played the new Kirby demo and it's well it's Kirby. A little too basic and yet fun.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #10232
Prowler
Emperor

Speaking of Smash, I've never liked how Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone. Luigi and Dr. Mario being Mario clones and Toon Link being a Link clone makes perfect sense, but Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone is absurd. Ganondorf is cool enough to have his own moveset.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #10233
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Speaking of Smash, I've never liked how Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone. Luigi and Dr. Mario being Mario clones and Toon Link being a Link clone makes perfect sense, but Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone is absurd. Ganondorf is cool enough to have his own moveset.
I like Ganondorf in Melee, where he is more agile and the stiff feel of the game really helps him. Brawl and Smash 4 however, his tier placement says it all.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #10234
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I like Ganondorf in Melee, where he is more agile and the stiff feel of the game really helps him. Brawl and Smash 4 however, his tier placement says it all.
I miss Melee Fox. Him and Falco were god tier in Melee. Of all the Fighters, Fox was the one I had the most trophies of. Fox is still quite good in Smash 4 tho.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #10235
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I miss Melee Fox. Him and Falco were god tier in Melee. Of all the Fighters, Fox was the one I had the most trophies of. Fox is still quite good in Smash 4 tho.
Don't you own Melee anymore? Its really easy to get these days via emulator and the latest version of Dolphin allowing you to run it pretty smoothly on even many below average computers. Technically its not legal, but I doubt Nintendo cares about someone emulating a 17 year old game

Anyways, I also loved both Fox and Falco in Melee, Fox a little more because of his speed. My favourites were Mewtwo and Pichu though, low tier but very fun to use. Nothing more satisfying then when someone challenges you with a top tier character and you make quick work of them with your low tier main.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #10236
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Don't you own Melee anymore? Its really easy to get these days via emulator and the latest version of Dolphin allowing you to run it pretty smoothly on even many below average computers. Technically its not legal, but I doubt Nintendo cares about someone emulating a 17 year old game

Anyways, I also loved both Fox and Falco in Melee, Fox a little more because of his speed. My favourites were Mewtwo and Pichu though, low tier but very fun to use. Nothing more satisfying then when someone challenges you with a top tier character and you make quick work of them with your low tier main.
I do own Melee. What I'm saying is, I wish Smash 4 Fox was as OP as melee Fox was. Smash 4 Fox is still pretty top tier, though. Also, Melee Fox had a great voice. HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Lol one of the ways to unlock Mewtwo was leaving your GameCube on for 20 hours or smth. I didn't unlock him that way though. But by defeating 300 of those purple and black guys in one of the game modes or something. Just use Donkey Kong's down + B attack constantly and you'll manage it haha

Never liked Pikachu, Pichu or Jigglypuff in Smash.

Melee to me was Fox, Falco, Falcon, Marth, Roy and Sheik. Man, Fire Emblem only made it out of Japan thanks to Melee. When I unlocked Marth and Roy I had NO IDEA who the **** they were, nor did my brother.

What did you think of the Ice Climbers btw?
Old 03-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #10237
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I never got into using the Ice Climbers personally but I found them quite annoying to fight, especially since there's that glitch in Melee which allows you to trap someone in an infinite grab with them till 999% damage

And I agree about missing Melee Fox/Falco. Aesthetically, they were alot more savage and mean looking in Melee (which I loved), and had memorable voices (Missun Cumprete!). It also helped that Melee felt alot faster and stiffer which fit those two characters pretty well. I really wished they stuck to the Star Fox 64 aesthetic in future Smash games but Oh well, atleast there is Project M.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #10238
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I never got into using the Ice Climbers personally but I found them quite annoying to fight, especially since there's that glitch in Melee which allows you to trap someone in an infinite grab with them till 999% damage

And I agree about missing Melee Fox/Falco. Aesthetically, they were alot more savage and mean looking in Melee (which I loved), and had memorable voices (Missun Cumprete!). It also helped that Melee felt alot faster and stiffer which fit those two characters pretty well. I really wished they stuck to the Star Fox 64 aesthetic in future Smash games but Oh well, atleast there is Project M.
Some characters just have *that* VA that stands out above every other else. Like Link in Ocarina of Time, for example. Nobuyuki Hiyama will forever be Link's to me.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #10239
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yay

Was hoping for a portable of the original, but I'll take a remake. I'll also take a Super Mario 64 remake. I never cared for the latter originally, since I usually don't like 'roaming' games. I'd like to revisit it.
Would prefer both for Switch over 3DS

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #10240
Prowler
Emperor

Super Mario 64 remake? There was one for the original DS already.