The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Has Seth green improved?
Yeah, I enjoy his Leo voice now 87 76.99%
I'm still not keen on the voice, but its acceptable 18 15.93%
I don't like Seth as Leo at all 8 7.08%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #81
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Seth Green's emotion in the most-recent episode when Leo was attempting to break Raph out of his mind control was spot on. Even after watching that part of the episode for 5th time now, he still sounds natural. None of his acting was off at all.

It's great how Seth Green is fitting into the role of Leo. He's definitely performing at least just as well as Jason Biggs did which says a lot considering he did helluva good job as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His Leonardo voice has been fantastic lately. Loved him in the latest episode with the Mutanimals.

Seth Green is doing a good job.
I also think that the last two episodes were his best.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love Seth's Leo now. Much more natural and fits Leo's character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #83
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I love Seth's Leo now. Much more natural and fits Leo's character.
I wouldn't say that I love Seth's Leo now. I'll say that I've gotten a little more used to his voice. But that's the best that I'll say about his Leo.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #84
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I like it, too, but I wish they had used it the whole time because, while I prefer Seth's voice, Biggs and Dominick had similar voices, so that's what you'd picture this Leo's voice as.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #85
Bombshell
Thug

I'm always behind on the current episodes because I don't have tv, so I generally have to wait until the DVDs come out. I feel I can still have an opinion though (since I'm an American and thus is my entitlement )

I didn't like Seth as Leo at first. I DID however like how they incorporated Leo's voice change into the storyline with how his voice box was damaged. I give them props for acknowledging it instead of just pretending like it didn't happen.

I love Leo's original voice. It sounded youthful and had a lot of emotional range. I can accept the idea that his voice changed due to injury and also he's getting older so his voice would naturally lower, I just wish Seth wasn't so bland with it. It just sounds like bad voice acting, in my opinion.

I've yet to see the more current episodes though so I have to reserve my final opinion, especially when so many have said he's gotten better. As for where it sits with me right now, I don't like it.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #86
AquaParade
Banned

His voice is just sort of unpleasant to listen to. Nothing against Seth, I'm sure he's doing a better job than I could.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #87
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
I didn't like Seth as Leo at first. I DID however like how they incorporated Leo's voice change into the storyline with how his voice box was damaged. I give them props for acknowledging it instead of just pretending like it didn't happen.
That was cool, but it's kinda silly considering they ignored the recast in the middle of season two. Granted, Dom did sound closer to Biggs.

I just pretend Leo had a cold those episodes lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #88
Werecat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That was cool, but it's kinda silly considering they ignored the recast in the middle of season two. Granted, Dom did sound closer to Biggs.

I just pretend Leo had a cold those episodes lol.
the problem with these cartoons shows is they need renowned actors to voice their characters since companies demand it. Its like a contract thing. They allow and fund the cartoon but they need to have renowned actors to voice their characters to pull in a wide-range of audience. Those investors are kind of out of touch, you see, so they think renowned actors matter for their ratings instead of good writing and voice acting, it is simply all about the name.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know why they go with famous big name actors like Seth Green or Jason Biggs. These people are constantly involved with other projects and acting jobs too, so I don't know how they have the time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #90
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
C'mon, guys, half of what those actors are known for IS their voice. Seth does quite a few of the voices for Robot Chicken, and of course there's Rob, Sean, and several others (Corey, anyone? It's not the FIRST time he's provided a voice for a character). They choose actors with a distinctive voice so the character's voices will stand out and convey their personality. It's not as if they're just picking out random big-name "hot" actors who are most known for their looks. Like, I dunno, Chris Evans, maybe. If they did, we'd probably never even notice, because he's more known for his face than his voice. Actually, Hasn't everyone been gushing over some of the guest voices, already, anyway? Robert Englund, Gilbert Godfreid, to name just a couple. I'm still waiting for Cam to do a "Cam-eo", myself, LOL!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #91
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I haven't heard much of Jason Biggs voice work for Leo since I started developing an interest into the Nick TMNT so late into the show, so I can't really form much of an opinion about that guy and his former voice talent for Leonardo.

What I've heard from Seth Green and his voice for Leo has sounded rather well so far, and Green's voice seems fitting for the character.

So, I have no complaints.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #92
ABrown
Banned

I don't know if anyone around here has mentioned this. But whenever I hear Fred Savage, I think he might've made a good replacement for Jason Biggs.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #93
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh daaaaamn, you're right, he would make a great Leonardo!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #94
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
C'mon, guys, half of what those actors are known for IS their voice. Seth does quite a few of the voices for Robot Chicken, and of course there's Rob, Sean, and several others (Corey, anyone? It's not the FIRST time he's provided a voice for a character). They choose actors with a distinctive voice so the character's voices will stand out and convey their personality. It's not as if they're just picking out random big-name "hot" actors who are most known for their looks. Like, I dunno, Chris Evans, maybe. If they did, we'd probably never even notice, because he's more known for his face than his voice. Actually, Hasn't everyone been gushing over some of the guest voices, already, anyway? Robert Englund, Gilbert Godfreid, to name just a couple. I'm still waiting for Cam to do a "Cam-eo", myself, LOL!
Not to mention, Seth also does voice work for Family Guy and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H, too. All of them were chosen for how well they did the voice and the fact that they're massive TMNT fans doesn't hurt either. I think Seth is awesome and is doing a wonderful job. And it's awesome that while he does have a packed schedule, he still finds time to work on this show because he loves it and has a passion for it, which I like.

And I loved his evil laugh in "Tale of the Yokai." Now I want to see Leo become a bad guy.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.

Last edited by BubblyShell22; 08-21-2015 at 07:44 AM.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #95
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Not to mention, Seth also does voice work for Family Guy and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H, too. All of them were chosen for how well they did the voice and the fact that they're massive TMNT fans doesn't hurt either. I think Seth is awesome and is doing a wonderful job. And it's awesome that while he does have a packed schedule, he still finds time to work on this show because he loves it and has a passion for it, which I like.

And I loved his evil laugh in "Tale of the Yokai." Now I want to see Leo become a bad guy.
I am also glad that he found time in busy schedule to do this since he loves the franchise. Tale of the Yokai and Attack of the Mega Shredder! had some of his finest moments as Leonardo.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #96
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

I always find it a bit ironic how people have such an issue with Leo's voice.

I remember when the show first started how people were already lighting their torches and sharpening pitchforks when Biggs was cast as Leo. Parents were complaining how inappropriate he was for Leo since he's done so much adult stuff. (Apparently, they forgot just how blue Robin Williams was before "Ferngully" and "Aladdin.") Also, Biggs' Twitter account didn't help matters, either. I remember reading on IMDB people were literally creating petitions to get Biggs off the show and threatening to boycott the series.

So, the show airs and people continue to complain, comparing the actor to the character.

Then, it's announced that Biggs is leaving the show and being replaced by Green, who is not only a huge TMNT fan, but has had much more experience in voice acting than Biggs ever had, and what happens?

"NOOO!!! BRING BIGGS BACK!!! GREEN SUCKS!!! I DON'T WANT CHRIS GRIFFIN AS LEO!!!"

I wouldn't be surprised if these were the same people who complained about Biggs in the first place! Talk about your fair-weathered fans.

Personally, I love the change. I actually got excited when I found out that Green was joining. Sure, Dominac did a good job covering for Biggs, but animation is finally getting the recognition it deserves and I think the Networks want bigger names attached. I still hope Dom gets more work, though. Plus, I love how much more emotion and energy Green gives to the performance. And how they addressed his voice change was VERY clever. They knew the kids watching this weren't idiots and I remember how confused I used to get with voice changing in the show. Even the original cast from the 80s show was eventually replaced. Like I stated before, he's done VA for years, so he knows how to deliver. It's a LOT harder than people give it credit for. Biggs was good, but I think he prefers on screen acting over off. Plus, with his personality, I don't think Nick would've allowed him the freedom to...be himself. (And we've seen how that is...)
Old 08-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #97
Powder
So tired of this place

Funny, it's almost as if the fan-base is comprised of many different people with varying tastes & opinions!

Old 08-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #98
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Funny, it's almost as if the fan-base is comprised of many different people with varying tastes & opinions!
I'm talking about the IMDB posts. The people who were complaining about Green had the same user names as the one who complained about Biggs.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #99
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, even if that's true, it's not exactly unheard of to change your tune after giving someone's work a fair shake despite their attitude.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #100
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
I always find it a bit ironic how people have such an issue with Leo's voice.

I remember when the show first started how people were already lighting their torches and sharpening pitchforks when Biggs was cast as Leo. Parents were complaining how inappropriate he was for Leo since he's done so much adult stuff. (Apparently, they forgot just how blue Robin Williams was before "Ferngully" and "Aladdin.") Also, Biggs' Twitter account didn't help matters, either. I remember reading on IMDB people were literally creating petitions to get Biggs off the show and threatening to boycott the series.

So, the show airs and people continue to complain, comparing the actor to the character.

Then, it's announced that Biggs is leaving the show and being replaced by Green, who is not only a huge TMNT fan, but has had much more experience in voice acting than Biggs ever had, and what happens?

"NOOO!!! BRING BIGGS BACK!!! GREEN SUCKS!!! I DON'T WANT CHRIS GRIFFIN AS LEO!!!"

I wouldn't be surprised if these were the same people who complained about Biggs in the first place! Talk about your fair-weathered fans.

Personally, I love the change. I actually got excited when I found out that Green was joining. Sure, Dominac did a good job covering for Biggs, but animation is finally getting the recognition it deserves and I think the Networks want bigger names attached. I still hope Dom gets more work, though. Plus, I love how much more emotion and energy Green gives to the performance. And how they addressed his voice change was VERY clever. They knew the kids watching this weren't idiots and I remember how confused I used to get with voice changing in the show. Even the original cast from the 80s show was eventually replaced. Like I stated before, he's done VA for years, so he knows how to deliver. It's a LOT harder than people give it credit for. Biggs was good, but I think he prefers on screen acting over off. Plus, with his personality, I don't think Nick would've allowed him the freedom to...be himself. (And we've seen how that is...)
I've said it before and I will say it again, Biggs just really crossed the line way too many times. I originally did not want to watch this show with the drama his first causing back in fall 2012, but May 2013 was the final nail in the coffin for me when he made sexual jokes about the Pope and the Blessed Mother Mary. As a Catholic man I could never support a show while someone like that was working on it. When I heard that he was potentially departing the show back in May 2014 I started watching it, then when it was permanent I began watching it regularly. I've liked both Green and Dominic Catrambone as Leonardo and I feel I started watching the show at the right time,

There have been actors with raunchy humor who have done family-friendly stuff. Jackie Vernon, the voice of Frosty the Snowman, was known for being a dirty comedian. Another example would be Pauly Shore doing both of the Goofy movies; George Carlin was also known for his work on Shinning Time Station and Thomas the Tank Engine; and in this past decade we've had Sarah Silverman voicing the lead female in Wreck-It Ralph and Russell Brand doing Hop and the Despicable Me films. Biggs just could not keep his mouth shut during the years he worked on this show and then to mock the lives of people who tragically died was just plain wrong.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 10-12-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Tags
leonardo, seth green