The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
But 1995 seems very specific, We know that the show tends to throw in references to things, that usually hardcore fans would notice.
The only reference it could be is by 1995 Bebop/Rocksteady never appeared again from that point up until Turtles Forever in 2009.

Bebop/Rocksteady's final episode in the original cartoon was Season 8's last episode in 1994.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #22
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Below average episode for me. Donnie's need for vengeance felt too weird to be taken seriously with how in previous episodes we seem him shot, battered, thrown, battered, disintegrated, getting defenestrated and battered, you would think being almost vivisected would't really bother him but apparently thats enough to make him the Punisher.

Last edited by PApagreg; 04-02-2017 at 05:07 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't see why Don's vengeance isn't justified, since this isn't just a random monster mutant or alien, but an actual human with racist actions against mutants. I don't see why it would be a below average episode, I'm not sure what you want from this show.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #24
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wonder what the 1995 is a reference too?
It's actually a miswording of the phrase "party like it's 1999"
Old 04-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #25
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Below average episode for me. Donnie's need for vengeance felt too weird to be taken seriously with how in previous episodes we seem him shot, battered, thrown, battered, disintegrated, getting defenestrated and battered, you would think being almost vivisected would't really bother him but apparently thats enough to make him the Punisher. Below average episode for me, Donnie's need for vengeance felt too weird to be taken seriously with how in previous episodes we seem him shot, battered, thrown, battered, disintegrated, getting defenestrated and battered, you would think being almost vivisected would't really bother him but I guess not. Also I didn't really care for the whole vengeance aesop.
So, why are these sentences the same barring some wording differences?
Old 04-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Donnie wanting vengeance seems out of character for him, I would understand if it were Raph, But Donnie? He isnt the type that would hold a grudge.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
But 1995 seems very specific, We know that the show tends to throw in references to things, that usually hardcore fans would notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only reference it could be is by 1995 Bebop/Rocksteady never appeared again from that point up until Turtles Forever in 2009.

Bebop/Rocksteady's final episode in the original cartoon was Season 8's last episode in 1994.
You guys are reeeeeally reaching. It's a popular 80's song. Rocksteady misquotes common American sayings and phrases pretty much every single episode he's in. It's his shtick.

But y'all can believe whatever you want. Even if you yourselves don't even know what he's "referencing" lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #28
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
So, why are these sentences the same barring some wording differences?
Accidentally pasted twice, my bad
Old 04-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #29
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Donnie wanting vengeance seems out of character for him, I would understand if it were Raph, But Donnie? He isnt the type that would hold a grudge.
I actually agree. Don's been in various situations where he and his brothers have nearly been killed before.

Tiger Claw holds him down and nearly stabs him with Raph's sai. Donnie hasn't held any grudge against him.

Karai has tried to kill April on a couple of occasions, as well as poisoned and tortured all four turtles, and while that has made things more personal he hasn't held a grudge against her.

The whole vengeance thing was meant to show Donnie descending down a path that would only destroy everything that matters to him. Which is why that moment when he catches sight of the manic look in his eyes in the blade of his Naginata he gets scared because he realizes he's essentially becoming like the Shredder.

The only explanation for the out of character behavior I could come up with was two possibilities.

1. a few of Za-noran's particles exist in Donnie and they are slowly corrupting him. But as none of the arcs feel they have room for something like that it feels less likely.

2. Splinter's loss is causing it. Donnie was one of the Turtles who took Splinter's loss rather hard. If you watch the scene Leo, Raph, and Mikey are openly weeping for Splinter, but Donnie makes a noise like the actual impact of the loss itself is causing him pain.

On top of losing his father his retromutagen failed, he's the first to be knocked out of the final fight with Shredder in a way he was denied his chance at vengeance. And now on top of a demonic dragon, they have to deal with the Shredder being returned. And he has this whole back up of rage and emotion to let out that he just finds Vizioso a worthy target.

As much as I loved the Leo/Donnie bonding I feel this episode should have had Raph be the one to help counter Donnie's anger. After all Raph was there when Donnie was abducted by Vizioso's goons, he was also was the reason behind it.

So it would have been an interesting twist for Raph to see what his brothers experience when he goes into one of his rages.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:17 AM   #30
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree, I doubt it references anything. Seems more in line with the fact that this Rocksteady just says things a little wrong sometimes. (Imo no so much because this version is dumb, but just that English isn't his first language so stuff gets lost in translation a little.)
Yeah, this. It's like Ziva from NCIS. Her character did that all the time, and one can't be too stupid if they managed to learn a second language.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #31
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Pretty good episode, about the same quality as the last two. Some great stuff, some pretty bad stuff. From the way that final scene was written, I feel like Donnie actually was going to kill Vizioso only to regret it later. It just felt very ham-handed in comparison to the rest of the episode.

Kavaxas still as rad as always. Bebop and Rocksteady gave some legitimate laughs to this episode. And of course, it's a sequel to Mutant Gangland which is definitely not a bad thing. Unfortunately, it's one of those clumsy "Leo is always right" episodes, and from my opinion on Clash of the Mutanimals, you know how I feel about those.

Also, "We're taking the heart and you're going to jail!" I mean, I can't get over that line. That is meme-quality levels of bad right there.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #32
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Muhahaahahhahah hehhahahahahahaha hihihiihihihihihahhahahahahaah

finaly!!!! Finaly!!! I rise again!!! Now with my demon army i will conquer new york city and kill the turtles!!!1!!
Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #33
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Muhahaahahhahah hehhahahahahahaha hihihiihihihihihahhahahahahaah

finaly!!!! Finaly!!! I rise again!!! Now with my demon army i will conquer new york city and kill the turtles!!!1!!

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #34
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
it's one of those clumsy "Leo is always right" episodes.
Exactly. I hate that. Leo just ****ing decapitated Shredder 3 episodes ago, and now he's all high and mighty over Vizioso.

Not to mention they've tried to kill Shredder multiple times before that, they've tried to kill snakeweed every time they fought him, Splinter killed Rat King, LH killed Bradford, the list goes on.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I suppose the difference is Shredder had to die because of what he did (he killed Splinter, was their mortal enemy for life), but Leonardo doesn't view other enemies the same way.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #36
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Exactly. I hate that. Leo just ****ing decapitated Shredder 3 episodes ago, and now he's all high and mighty over Vizioso.

Not to mention they've tried to kill Shredder multiple times before that, they've tried to kill snakeweed every time they fought him, Splinter killed Rat King, LH killed Bradford, the list goes on.
Shredder had become a danger to them and himself. Like Mikey was saying to Karai, he could come after her, April, Casey and his family, etc., since he was no longer in his right state of mind.

That aside, it may have been three eps ago, but months have gone by since then. Tigerclaw said as much.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #37
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Which team?

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #38
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Which team?
depends, i mean the original ghost busters kong, spencer, and tracy couldn't pull it off. neither could their kids jake and eddie. the real ghostbusters most likely could. and since my meme is from the second movie where the live action team had to take on vego and a slime covered museum in a slimed statue of liberty i think they could too. then again the extreme ghostbusters probably could pull it off. as for the new all female team i'm not sure just because i've yet to see the new movie. i'm not boycotting it i just haven't had a chance to. and lets not also forget the idw team. or would those count as an off shoot of the movie ghostbusters?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #39
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

You know I gotta play Kavaxas advocate here and say that at least in this situation they had a non lethal alternative in getting rid of Vizioso.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #40
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I believe Donnie's behavior was more fear based rather then anger based. They had lost Splinter already that was a huge impact already. So knowing Vizioso had it out for them was what triggered Donnie into pulling a Raph, because he didn't want to lose anyone else he cared about to senseless violence and hatred.