The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #61
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

*hugs Anarky*

I really can't do much more than that. I wish I could.

*hugs Anarky again*
Old 01-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #62
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
I met my father today... I am disappointed. Very disappointed.

He first wanted to do something with me and my brother for christmas. That was impossible since we already had appointments. Family stuff. Well, today I met him. We went to have pizza. Pizza is a good thing.

But what has become of the person I once called "my hero"? What has happened during the last six years? What is wrong with him? He seemed to be apologizing for everything. First for his new car (just substract the rims). Well, then he started talking about his life without us. How he still feels his head injury (he once broke his neck but survived). He never did that before. Where went all his strength that people tell I have too. Where is his strong will? He seemed so weak and pale. Not exactly old, but tired. And his voice... no energy in it.

I am deeply disappoited. This, my friends, is one of the moments I could cry. I really could. For one, I think it's a shame that the father I knew is gone (even characterwise, he wouldn't even put up a good fight) and for the other that I don't want to become what he is today.
Is there more to his injury than he let on? A person dosen't just change for no reason. Any ideas what could have sparked such a transformation? Maybe you should talk to your dad, let him know that you're worried about him and lack of energy and his sudden change in persona. Offer him your ear. If he needs to get some things off his cheast, let it happen. If your father's not himself for some reason, maybe you can help him find himself again. Hope this helps, if not just ignore it. I'm sure the man u called your hero is there, maybe he just feels that he can be more open with you now that you're both a little older.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #63
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

I know exactly how you feel, Anarky, because the same thing happened to my sister and I. We went for a very long time not seeing our dad and Thanksgiving 2002, we went over to his legal guardians house in Bonita to visit him and his family. When I saw him, I nearly flipped out. He's the same age as my mom, but, his hair was salt and pepper, his face very ashen, his eyes a little sunken in and he slurred a little when he talked. We came home and I burst into tears, telling Mom that this was not the same man I knew while growing up. The last time I saw him was June, 2004, when I spent a night at his place before he drove me to Lindbergh Field the next day for the AnimeNEXT convention. I'm used to his looks now, but the first time was very hard to accept. Hope you hang in there, kiddo. That's what I'm doing.

*HUGS ANARKY*
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #64
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
I met my father today... I am disappointed. Very disappointed.

He first wanted to do something with me and my brother for christmas. That was impossible since we already had appointments. Family stuff. Well, today I met him. We went to have pizza. Pizza is a good thing.

But what has become of the person I once called "my hero"? What has happened during the last six years? What is wrong with him? He seemed to be apologizing for everything. First for his new car (just substract the rims). Well, then he started talking about his life without us. How he still feels his head injury (he once broke his neck but survived). He never did that before. Where went all his strength that people tell I have too. Where is his strong will? He seemed so weak and pale. Not exactly old, but tired. And his voice... no energy in it.

I am deeply disappoited. This, my friends, is one of the moments I could cry. I really could. For one, I think it's a shame that the father I knew is gone (even characterwise, he wouldn't even put up a good fight) and for the other that I don't want to become what he is today.
God man, that is horrible. I'm sorry it work out so badly. I kinda have a similar situation. I don't wan't to become what my family is either. It's a mindset. You have to work to engrain the ideals you want to believe in your mind and keep them there. It's hard at the begenning, but eventually it becomes habbit. Anyone can be the person they want to be if they try hard enough.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #65
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I'm sorry to hear that, Anarky. I wish I knew what to say, but I don't. Just talk to your father. Maybe he feels depressed, I don't know...

Keep your head up, bro.

On a lighter note, I got my first job in 3 years. I'm a busboy at a barbecue restaurant, but it's a job nonetheless. So, I'm very excited about that.

Plus, I'm off financial probation, so I might be able to go back to college.

Things seem to finally be turning around for the better.

We'll see what happens the first 3 weeks.

Wish me luck.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #66
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Good luck!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #67
Ra
It's my desire?

Good luck Ben! *hands over a good-luck dragon, NOT like the one from the neverending story mind you*

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad Anarky *hugs Anarky* here, maybe you could do with a dragon *hands over another dragon* hope he gets better

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #68
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

I just heard some bad news tonight. At 5:30 this evening, my family (aunt, uncle and cousin) went to the local veternarian to put their dog, Brandy, to sleep. It was time. She was only getting worse each day and judging by her symptoms, she probably had cancer. I feel so bad for my family. I've known that dog since I was about 8 or 9 years old. At least she's no longer hurting...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #69
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Im really sorry to hear that , now that I have a dog I always worry that if something bad happens to him I really wouldnt know how to handle it, but if you say the dog was suffering maybe its for the better sadly. I hope that you and your family feel better soon.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #70
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Have any of you been in a situation in which you do not have much time to decide what to do?? I just got an invite to a dinner buffet a week before the actual event. It will be tough to make it...

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:08 PM   #71
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

If it's from close friends, I'd try to go. If it's from casual friends, I'd. let them know your situation and that you won't be able to go.

Then again, it's free food... .
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:24 PM   #72
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

it is in Colorado at my alma mater.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:33 AM   #73
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Hopefuly you'll come to a decision... Is it a sort of reunion thing? I'd go, but that's just what I'd do.

I need some advice from someone... I have NO idea what to study in college. I need to get enrolled, but that's kinda hard when I don't know what I wanna do. Here's what I've come up with so far:
1) Teach. I think I'd be good at this, but I don't know how I'd handle being in a school for the rest of my working life.
2) Graphic designer. I like art, a lot, and I like to think I'm decent at it. The problem? I can't really do art when I'm forced to. Pry not a good idea, but it's an idea.
3) Programmer. I'd turn this in to a career in the videogame industry. I enjoyed learning BASIC in highschool, and I'm starting to learn C++. I like it, but it takes a LOT of math.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:36 AM   #74
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I suck balls at math/algebra/any mahmatical calculation, so that would be bad for me, but you seem to already have knoledge in the field, and a deep intrest in gaming. You seem like you were made for the industry. Go for programming.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:42 AM   #75
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
2) Graphic designer. I like art, a lot, and I like to think I'm decent at it. The problem? I can't really do art when I'm forced to. Pry not a good idea, but it's an idea.
That's what I'm doing right now and allow me to say that IT KICKS ASS!!! The thing is you have to enjoy it . You really ought to give it a try.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:00 AM   #76
Super Moderator

Being a programmer myself, I'd recommend the way of the programming. Problem is you're not finding a job once you get out of college. I'm doing it because I have no other skills. It'll just take me a while to secure a living.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #77
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
Hopefuly you'll come to a decision... Is it a sort of reunion thing? I'd go, but that's just what I'd do.

I need some advice from someone... I have NO idea what to study in college. I need to get enrolled, but that's kinda hard when I don't know what I wanna do. Here's what I've come up with so far:
1) Teach. I think I'd be good at this, but I don't know how I'd handle being in a school for the rest of my working life.
3) Programmer. I'd turn this in to a career in the videogame industry. I enjoyed learning BASIC in highschool, and I'm starting to learn C++. I like it, but it takes a LOT of math.
Sweetie, just from the way you describe your choices, I'd say be a Programmer.

From reading your descriptions, I got a 'eh' feeling from the first two; you used words like: 'I think', and general doubt when it comes to them. When you got the the 'Programmer' option, you immediately had a career choice. 'Video Game Industry'.

You're obviously more empassioned with that. Go for it.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #78
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

I think it's finally gonna happen,My mom and dad have been fighting almost every day for the past five years and there has been talk about divorce before but nothing ever happened,but I think there seriously going to go through with it.Meanwhile my moms losing her eye sight she's getting migrane headaches and her own brother is suing her for something she did with the will of my grandfather who's been dead for 3 years now even though she was put in charge of it the state I live in has a ****ing stupid ass law about what you do with the will.I wish there was a better way to explain it.And my girlfriend and I are taking a break from eachother for a while.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #79
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Aw, hell weapon x, you're going through a lot. But do us all a favor and stay strong.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:36 AM   #80
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Aw, hell weapon x, you're going through a lot. But do us all a favor and stay strong.
Being here helps alot.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip