The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Well?
No. 24 60.00%
Yes, totally. 8 20.00%
Meh, kinda 9 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
UnwiseOne
Mouser

Was Vision Quest episode a waste?

Based from the latest episodes after vision quest, what do you think?
UnwiseOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I don't see the vision quest as a waste. It would have been better if it were longer such as taking out a few of the less needed episodes from the North Hampton arc and maybe have more build up that this is something they need to do.

For example a good way to have done it is have Splinter appear to each of the Turtles in a dream and he doesn't talk to them but they do feel his tormented Spirit.

The next morning they realize they all had the same dream. They tell April and Casey they need to go out into the woods for a few days and would be back. That night they all meditate around the camp fire or they are instructed to. Splinter appears to them and tells them what they must do.

Rest of the episode focuses on Mikey's journey. The next episode will focus on Leo and Raphs journey alternating between them. And final episode would focus on Donnie's journey and the return to New York.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:42 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Why it would be considered a waste?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Nah. It was needed. If they kept those outfits it would've been cooler.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Yeah, that was the part that felt like a waste. They could have kept those outfits to show they were maturing.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
aliena
Hench Mutant

It wasn't a waste, but it should have been two episodes. We did not need that many horror movie rip off episodes, but it would be nice if somewhere down the line they put on the outfits again. I thought since they are using them in the intro that we'd see them again. Could still happen though.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The Episode was used for Playmates to make and sell another set of Turtle Figures
Old 05-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah, but likewise still agree it would have been nice had it been longer. Each of them getting an episode focusing on them would have been awesome.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Agreed. They look really cool.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #10
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
It wasn't a waste, but it should have been two episodes. We did not need that many horror movie rip off episodes, but it would be nice if somewhere down the line they put on the outfits again. I thought since they are using them in the intro that we'd see them again. Could still happen though.
I'd rather have the horror rip offs than episodes like Pizza Face.

And I've liked some of the Northampton episodes better than the ones where they're back in New York.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #11
ImmaAxolotl
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I don't see the vision quest as a waste. It would have been better if it were longer such as taking out a few of the less needed episodes from the North Hampton arc and maybe have more build up that this is something they need to do.

For example a good way to have done it is have Splinter appear to each of the Turtles in a dream and he doesn't talk to them but they do feel his tormented Spirit.

The next morning they realize they all had the same dream. They tell April and Casey they need to go out into the woods for a few days and would be back. That night they all meditate around the camp fire or they are instructed to. Splinter appears to them and tells them what they must do.

Rest of the episode focuses on Mikey's journey. The next episode will focus on Leo and Raphs journey alternating between them. And final episode would focus on Donnie's journey and the return to New York.
I really wish they did that now!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

They can use the outfits for special occasions.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #13
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
They can use the outfits for special occasions.
I wish them kept them on frankly, a way of differentiating this show from the others (and the older 'old skool' outfits) and showing how far they've come. Plus the new weapons really needed to be tested out farther. I really want to see Raph learn to use his fire to it's best extent, keeping the sais as a backup just in case, or Leo getting to use those sweet new arrows more often. Why they only used them once I don't know, as they really felt to me like the Turtles were finally growing up.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #14
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I don't think it was a waste of an episode but I do think it was a wasted opportunity. Honestly, the entire Northampton run was a wasted opportunity for some much needed self-reflection and character development.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #15
Powder
So tired of this place

It'd be a waste not to see those kick-ass outfits again, I'll say that much!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

How is it a waste compared to any other random filler episode?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord

By itself, it was a fine and essential episode. It really culminated the "Northamption saga."

Since then, it appears the show doesn't have much desire to reference it again, which is surprising.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I wonder if we'd even be having this discussion if the costumes weren't featured in the theme song.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #19
UnwiseOne
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Why it would be considered a waste?
Sorry for the late reply.
I thought it was a waste because the only one I saw that really 'benefited' from the vision quest was Leo. From the gist of what Splinter said to the four of them this is what I interpreted.

Donnie needs to use his instincts more.
Raph needs to focus his aggressiveness or in my understanding tranquil fury.
Mikey needs to slow down to assess his situation.
And Leo needs to push through any problems or something.

But the minute they enter New York Donnie, Ralph and Mikey had an Aesop amnesia. I didn't see Donnie use his instincts, Mikey slow down and Raph focus his aggressiveness.
Heck the closest thing I saw to a Raphael in tranquil fury was when he was being mind controlled by Shredder.
Well that's all, I guess. If I missed something, please tell me.

Last edited by UnwiseOne; 05-27-2015 at 09:40 AM.
UnwiseOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #20
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I believe Vision Quest was the best episode of the Northampton arc storywise. However, it did feel disappointing that it was a self-contained episode. I'm with victoryangel for this one, the episode should have been at least two parts. Whether it be two or three parts, Vision Qyest should tie loose ends with plots not addressed and haven't since coming here. If character driven, it could be the idea at the beginning of the thread with each Turtle getting an episode, giving it three episodes altogether. I personally think it can work as a two-parter though with the outline being this:

Part 1 (same as the episode we got):
-The Turtles decide to go into the woods to prepare for a return
-They start training in the woods following words with Casey and April
-Following brief training, Splinter arrives (commercial)
-This time, have Splinter get 2 or 3 minute of screentime, where he motivates the Turtles on what to do and informing them of the invasion. (Leatherhead could also be mentioned to Mikey's sadness)
-The weapons and costumes are forged and they go out on their own
-Instead of just the Foot Clan being fought, add in the Kraang because of their alliance together (commercial as Leo falls like last time)
-Brief fights with the united forces
-Before having their respective fights, a second fight is added to tie previous plots together and for emotion; the episode concludes with them about to die in their fights. The invasion is also cited to be getting worse by the minute too in the fights. Each brother gets the following:

Leo: Karai (reason: guilt for causing her mutation and not wanting to hurt her. Extremely personal battle for Leo too since he fights Shredder here.)

Raph: Slash (reason: abandoning New York instead of fighting, which ties into the little scene of Raph holding a picture of Spike during The Invasion)

Donnie: Mutagen Man (reason: not curing him. Also brings MM back since his long absence and also addresses the retromutagen storyline.)

Mikey: Leatherhead (reason: emotional battle)

Part 2:
-The fights are continuing with the Turtles winning barely
-They end up meeting together deciding it's time to return, but more of the goons arrive (commercial break)
-After a tussle, have a Kraang (possibly Kraang Prime or even Baxter?) fire a powerful blast which divides the team again
-The four fights in this episode begin (break possibly when Leo gets injured again in his fight)
-The Turtles finally win and return to New York (end)

Like I said, I could see an individual focus if this were to expand into three parts, but I still feel each Turtles needs to clash with their closest ally first and then the final part they battle the Foot Clan.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote